Great Lakes Cruising

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Anyone cruising the Niagara Prince this August in Lake Michigan. We are trying it. Any input will be welcome. Thank You

I live about 15 miles from the southern Lake Michigan shore and would also like any info anyone has about travel on wild fresh water :)

I love freighters. I have more pictures and video of freighters than of people in my cruise photo collection. My family think I'm slightly off my rocker :confused:

I was in a force 10 gale on the QM2 and visited every deck to try to capture the storm with pictures. I was blown against the wall on the top deck trying to get to the indoor pool for pictures of nature emptying the pool!

Fishlover, The season is pretty short unless you can get on an ice breaker. Probably June through September and my suggestion is based on having lived here all my life.

• 2 weeks later...
I had wondered if anyone still cruised the Great Lakes.

I know the thread is old but since someone resurrected it :)

The Yorktown looks like it will be sailing this year

Also Blount cruises but I would watch the route ...the ships are flat bottom and rock & roll in light seas

Edited by LHT28

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I'd love to bring my family on one of these someday. I grew up in Holland and lived at a marina much of my life. All our holidays were trekking up and down the coast, mainly Lake Michigan but occasionally into other areas too. We don't live anywhere near the area now, so my kids have seen a few of the places I loved as a kid but not from the water. So many of those itineraries read like a list of my childhood!