Am I the only one who likes the idea of an inside cabin...

We have booked a South Pacific cruise on Rhapsody in February 2014, and we will be on the bottom deck, inside cabins, 2537 and 2539. I know the cabins will be small, they are basically the cheapest cabins on the ship.

But I would really love to know if I'm the only one who actually likes the idea of an inside cabin: no sunshine streaming in during the early hours, a bit quieter (hopefully), and no looking at the swell (I'm very prone to sea-sickness).

Love to hear what others think.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

we had on our last cruise an inside...it was not so pleasant...you never know which time is it...you need always extra lights...not really quieter as other cabins...and really small

so the next one will be again a balcony...

Unless you like living inside a closet at home I don't think you will find many people who prefer an inside cabin... I would say most choose an inside for one of two reasons (a) the cost or (b) their are no other types of cabins available.

What I like most about the inside cabins is that they are affordable...

Of course I would't mind having a suite with balcony if money was no issue, but on the other hand I prefer to spend the dough more on the numerous possibilities on a cruise...

I have to say the affordability of the inside cabins was very appealing. It meant we could afford to put our 2 teenage girls (DD and friend) in their own cabin next door, and hubby and I could have our own room. A pretty big seller for me.

It's certainly interesting to hear what people think though.

I have been on over 40 cruises and the majority of the time, I have had an inside cabin. I like the darkness when I am trying to sleep. The least bit of light awakens me. I would not take one on the lower couple of decks because of the engine noise. I like to be on deck 6 or 7. When we did have a balcony, we hardly used it. It is an added bonus that it is usually cheaper. I don't cruise to sit in my cabin. If I am up, I like to be out meeting new people, enjoying the view from both sides of the ship, and participating in the various activities. I know many book a balcony because they need the time together in peace and quiet, to sit out and read and many legitimate reasons. All personal preference.

I had an inside on Voyager and it was the same size as my aunty's who had a balcony. They should have got an inside aswell because they didn't use the balcony. I don't know why people are saying it's like a closet it was the same size as the balcony room. I loved our inside. We had 2 inter-connecting rooms. I slept great. We are going on Radiance next and couldn't get inter-connecting insides so we are trying outsides next.:)

It all depends on price, if an outside or balcony (especially with the Diamond discount) is not too much more then we would do that, but if having an inside means being able to cruise more times then it's a no brainer for us, we only really use the cabin to sleep and change, but I guess as we get older this will change. One plus point for an inside is that I've never slept so well as it's total darkness.

I've cruised in balcony, promenade and inside. I do prefer a balcony but I simply cannot afford to cruise now as a solo in a balcony. My first inside was on Freedom earlier this year and it was absolutely fine. I don't 'hang out' in my room but I'm out and about. The room was comfortable and well located. My next cruises are all booked as insides and that's not even on my list of concerns.... where to eat on Oasis is though!! ;)

I'm not overly keen on it but at the end of the day I'd rather have more cruises in a cheaper room than less in an outside room.

With limited vacation, I prefer the double points for booking the Jr Suite. Would love more cruises for less if I had the vacation time :)

Ha ha, that's funny. Oh well, I've booked what I've booked, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a cabin stop me from enjoying my cruise.

If there's one thing I've learned from CC, it's that there are a million cruisers out there with a million different opinions, and that the attitude you take on the ship determines the quality of the cruise you will have.

:):)

I've had an inside a few times and enjoyed it. I had an ocean view and it had a porthole.. big deal.

I had a balcony on the Allure and never used it. I can see water elsewhere.

I'm really only in my cabin to sleep so it's a non-issue for me. I do enjoy the pitch black you get since that really helps me sleep.

Thanks for this thread as I have booked an inside cabin for my first cruise in September and was wanting to upgrade to a balcony but royal were wanting an extra £1500 for this pleasure and I simply couldn't afford it but as we will be full of busy and only using the cabin to sleep in I now feel the inside will be satisfactory x

No way I'm traveling 5000 miles to go on a $3000 cruise just to stare at my wife! I'll be damned if I don't get an ocean view! :D

Well if you'd have an inside cabin then maybe you would go on a $700 cruise instead...:p

And if all you do is to stare at your wife then something might be wrong anyway...:D

I'm happy with having an inside cabin too, but as I mentioned earlier, being on Deck 2, I'm now worried about engine noise.

Would love to hear from anyone who might be able to put my mind at ease?

We have had balcony, oceanview, and inside cabins. The cabins have been on deck 3 fore, midship deck 4, 6, and 7. We like the inside as I don't sleep well and the dark cabin helps me sleep.

We were in an oceanview cabin on deck 3 of the Granduer. The only noise we heard was when we were going in to port. No big deal.

We usually get inside cabins but will do oceanview when they are the same price as an inside. We do not spend much time in our cabin and would rather cruise several times a year in an inside than spend all our vacation budget on a balcony cabin. This is just our opinion.

Eight out of nine of my cruises have been insides. I choose them because of the price, and that is the only reason. I definitely don't prefer an inside. The one advantage I've found for me, is that because they are dark and small and somewhat uncomfortable, I spend very little time in the cabin. If I had a nice, luxurious suite, I would probably not feel the need to get out there and enjoy all the activities. I would proabably be a hermit, and a lot less social. That's just me though. :)

I'm hoping to get an OV again soon!

We have booked a South Pacific cruise on Rhapsody in February 2014, and we will be on the bottom deck, inside cabins, 2537 and 2539. I know the cabins will be small, they are basically the cheapest cabins on the ship.

But I would really love to know if I'm the only one who actually likes the idea of an inside cabin: no sunshine streaming in during the early hours, a bit quieter (hopefully), and no looking at the swell (I'm very prone to sea-sickness).

Love to hear what others think.

We have never book an inside cabin. we have had a inside balcony on the Oasis over looking central park. although we are thinking of doing this soon.

Our most recent cruise was our first inside cabin. Did it because it was much cheaper. It was tight but did not take away from our fun. It was smaller than the outside cabins and the end of the bed pushed against the bureau so I had to climb over the bed to get out. However we were just happy to be cruising. Next cruise will be a balcony for just $200 more per person than an inside would have been. The one after that? Back inside as the balcony is 200% more than the inside. Never tried a suite because I am too cheap. Each to their own. I was very nervous about our first inside but it was fine. Now if there had been 4 people which was max occupancy, that would have been horrible as there was so little floor space only 1 person at a time could be in the middle and another by the closet. We have had outside cabins on deck three three different times and never we we bothered by engine noise.

Edited by MommaBear55