My Inexpensive Luggage Tag Holder Suggestion

Great idea!!

You can see the bag here on Walgreen's website.

That is the kit...well done, Mrs Toad. Once the toothbrush, paste, toothbrush cover and card stock are removed, the resealable bag is reasonably sturdy...it will certainly protect a printed tag from moisture and tears.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Tape the entire tag in clear packing tape, bend the luggage tag in half, poke a hole in the two ends as they meet and use a plastic zip tie to tie it to your luggage. Works like a charm. We've done this several times on Carnival.
Love that idea!, Thanks!

BonVoyage

Dawna

What would really be nice is Royal to handout luggage tag holders that would fit the printout tags from home.One time cost long term solution:D

Maybe they can make the holders as trivia prizes. Sure beats those holographic luggage tags that disintegrate during airline travel.

There was another thread regarding a place to order inexpensive ones. I believe it's Favors at Serendipity or something like that. I ordered 4 of them with the long straps and they are quite nice. Fit the home-printed tags perfectly.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

That is the kit...well done, Mrs Toad. Once the toothbrush, paste, toothbrush cover and card stock are removed, the resealable bag is reasonably sturdy...it will certainly protect a printed tag from moisture and tears.

Thanks, I love the outside-the-box thinking. I will be using these too. Way cheaper than the ones I've seen online and they didn't even come with free toothbrush and toothpaste. :D

Love it! I will be at Walgreens tomorrow!

Me too. Going to pick some up for all of our luggage and some for my parents. Walgreen's is going to be confused by the sudden surge in travel toothbrush kit sales.

What would really be nice is Royal to handout luggage tag holders that would fit the printout tags from home.One time cost long term solution:D

What would ALSO be nice is if the passengers finally caught on to the fact that wasting time affixing any sort of luggage tag in advance is a complete waste of time, and just letting the porters take care of it saves a lot of hassle!

Great idea!!

You can see the bag here on Walgreen's website.

thank you for posting the link

i stock up on these at the dollar tree for travel purposes. it never occurred to me to put luggage tags in them...will say that several times by the end of my trips the zipper has failed and won't close any longer. By that point i pitch it and the toothbrush anyway when we depart for home. I'd be afraid there'd be a chance the tag would fall out based upon my experience unless it was fastened, stapled maybe jik?

we use the clear packing tape method

Edited by keishashadow

thank you for posting the link

i stock up on these at the dollar tree for travel purposes. it never occurred to me to put luggage tags in them...will say that several times by the end of my trips the zipper has failed and won't close any longer. By that point i pitch it and the toothbrush anyway when we depart for home. I'd be afraid there'd be a chance the tag would fall out based upon my experience unless it was fastened, stapled maybe jik?

we use the clear packing tape method

Thanks for the warning. I will keep an eye on the zippers. presumably you were unzipping and zipping the pouch 2 or 3 times a day to retrieve the toothbrush. As a tag protector, I'd be zipping it once a trip. static cling might also keep the paper tag in the vinyl pouch. if not a staple or bit of tape is reasonable. I tend to double tag my luggage, so there is an extra measure of safety there, too.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Did online check in today. Couldn't find where to print out luggage tags...

I think you have to wait until you edocs are ready. We have done online check in, but our edocs are not ready yet.

What would ALSO be nice is if the passengers finally caught on to the fact that wasting time affixing any sort of luggage tag in advance is a complete waste of time, and just letting the porters take care of it saves a lot of hassle!

I would rather tag my own bags. I care much more than the porters do. The porter will have all his clothing if my luggage is misplaced, but I will not have mine. I will not know which porter mishandled my bag nor will the porter's boss, so no repercussions. Even properly tagged bags have gone to the wrong stateroom or even on the wrong ship. So imagine how easy it would be for a bag to go on the wrong room or wrong ship if a careless porter uses the wrong tag or writes illegibly. You do it your way...I'll do it mine....Have a great cruise.

I may lack the expertise to post the picture on this board. I may lack the equipment at the moment as well, as I am away from home. I likely could email you a picture from my phone if you are willing to give an email addy.

Thanks for the offer, but I followed the other suggestion to go to Walgreen's website and found it. What a great deal!!Thanks for that wonderful suggestion, Starry Eyes. I'm going down to Walgreen's and getting four of these today!

Edited by petesweet

They upgraded us last week. (not to a full suite). I saw the tab to order when i printed a new set sail pass, but never expected to get them. They did come in the mail, just a few days later, but I had already printed two off for us to use as the new docs noted that they had to be self printed .

M

ps - why in the world do they send 8 tags for two people!

M

Since the old ones came off rather easily, we always used two per bag.

Who pee'd in your Cheerios this morning? Seriously, this is the second thread that you are posting in telling people that they are wasting their time on this. That is your opinion, so if you are not interested in solutions to this, then why not just skip these threads?

Here is MY solution to a last minute cabin change!! I copied the luggage tag from the Set Sail pass into Word, made then added our names and C&A status (because that was what was on my original tags!) Copied it to Power Point so that I could get four on a page. Printed out and cut them so that two were joined together. Folded and laminated with packing tape.

ScreenShot2012-08-31at94322AM.png

Total time - about 10 minutes to make them all.

End Result? Satisfaction knowing that MY luggage will have tags that are easily read by the porters and crew!!

Edited by cello56
Forgot to add photo!

I would rather tag my own bags. I care much more than the porters do. The porter will have all his clothing if my luggage is misplaced, but I will not have mine. I will not know which porter mishandled my bag nor will the porter's boss, so no repercussions. Even properly tagged bags have gone to the wrong stateroom or even on the wrong ship. So imagine how easy it would be for a bag to go on the wrong room or wrong ship if a careless porter uses the wrong tag or writes illegibly. You do it your way...I'll do it mine....Have a great cruise.

Well said!

I made this tag a while ago, but the information can be changed to duplicate the Black and White print out they provide today. I just laminated the tags although you could just use packing tape instead and then add a hole punch at the top of the tag!

I made one more recently, but can't find it in all my cruising stuff! LOL!

The luggage handlers really loved the size and convenience of seeing all the info quickly! My bags arrived early too. Hope this helps.....

P1000928.jpg

Some of you make nice tags yourself. I had never considered doing that. Tinker, did you laminate yours? I do not a laminating machine, but if I did, it would make a nice strong tag

Yes, laminated it with a cheap crank type laminator. LOL! You can definitely use packing tape though. I have also done that as well. You need to use something, though, since if it is raining outside, you don't want the paper to fall apart!

I hate your solution. I never trust anyone but myself to do lugage tags, even in the airport I double check everything before they take my bags away.

The porters dont care and are so rushed. So if they write something wrong and you don't get your bags, is it worth the 10 cents and 2 minutes you saved?

Bought the holders at Walgreen's ( but they are $2. in CT!) and can't seem to find out where to print the passes. I could print out the Set Sail pass but I couldn't even sign up for electronic vs mailing of cruise docs. Am I just too early? My ship sails 11/2/12. Thanks for help!

Edited by chickadee1

Here is MY solution to a last minute cabin change!! I copied the luggage tag from the Set Sail pass into Word, made then added our names and C&A status (because that was what was on my original tags!) Copied it to Power Point so that I could get four on a page. Printed out and cut them so that two were joined together. Folded and laminated with packing tape.

ScreenShot2012-08-31at94322AM.png

Total time - about 10 minutes to make them all.

End Result? Satisfaction knowing that MY luggage will have tags that are easily read by the porters and crew!!

I made this tag a while ago, but the information can be changed to duplicate the Black and White print out they provide today. I just laminated the tags although you could just use packing tape instead and then add a hole punch at the top of the tag!

I made one more recently, but can't find it in all my cruising stuff! LOL!

The luggage handlers really loved the size and convenience of seeing all the info quickly! My bags arrived early too. Hope this helps.....

P1000928.jpg

Great Ideas.....thanks for sharing.

Hi Celia....hope all in well in LV. Are you cruising soon?

Great Ideas.....thanks for sharing.

Hi Celia....hope all in well in LV. Are you cruising soon?

I could only wish I were cruising soon! Not until November on the Oasis.

Call me, please! :D:D

Edited by tinkerme1

I hate your solution. I never trust anyone but myself to do lugage tags, even in the airport I double check everything before they take my bags away.

The porters dont care and are so rushed. So if they write something wrong and you don't get your bags, is it worth the 10 cents and 2 minutes you saved?

BRAVO! My sentiments exactly!

Just for fun - or maybe to pi@@ off certain posters - :D - I made some little tiny tags this afternoon too! We like to have tags on our backpacks and purses and carryalls just in case we accidentally leave them somewhere. These are so cute and will be sturdy enough to stay on all cruise.

freedomtags.jpg