New to NCL, Need info on White Hot Party.

lauraleigh9mm

Anyone can go to the White Hot Party. You don't have to wear white but it is strongly encouraged so that the white clothing stands out under the black lighting. The party was held in the disco on our Spirit cruise in November. I'm assuming that's where all of the ship's hold the party.

Dianne

It is a event in Bliss Louge that starte around 1030 or 11pm. Basically it is a DJ and some black lighting. Sort of a Club-like enviornment. It is open to everyone. The idea is that everyone wears white but not everone there was. They sell white tee shirts on board with a White HOT party logo on it. It was fairly well attended on our Pearl sailing last year.

The white hot hot white ice cold hot hot hot party was held on each of the three sailings we've been on this year on the Gem. They sell shirts, have black lights, and loud music. What makes these cool are the drinks they serve. You can have your drink served to you in a glass MADE of ice! Now, naturally there's a plastic-holder-thing for you to HOLD in your hand, but there's this goblet shaped piece of ice that holds your drink! IT'S SO COOL! Other than that, like the "New Year's" celebration they have (also on EVERY cruise) it's an excuse (like you needed one) to dance and drink all night long.....

And I thank you....

JWK: WHITE HOT!

McCall - I died laughing at what you said. At the end of our cruise NCL showed this recap video and there at the White Hot Party, shaking her booty, was my 74 year old mother, all dressed in white on the dance floor.

When I tell her she is like "girls gone wild" I may have to pick her up off of the floor!

Anyone can attend this event, except anyone who asks questions about it here on on cruise critic. :) Just joking. It is a big white hot party. It is not restricted to adults only. There will be ice cravings, dry ice machines, bubble machines, lots of brights lights, loud music, special drinks. The cruise directors staff will be there, all in white, some wearing wings, some of the dancers may show and dance on tables the stage or platforms. It is usually one big party. you do not have to wear write, though most do. Most people have some kind of white or light coloured t-shirt.

Just back from the Jewel..the party was fun, but not quite as fancy. We had ice scupltures and some fake snow, but no bubbles or ice cups!!! I'm jealous!

I happen to bring a white dress, but plenty of people bought T shirts or wore whatever.

The one we went to on the Jewel in Oct. had the show girls dancing behind a white screen so as to have just their shadow showing---pretty sexy--very nightclub like. Also they had some of the crew men dancing in white pants--no shirts. It was alot of fun--cool drink glasses that lit up.

Both DH and I dressed in white.

All their "parties" are pretty much similar....they play music people dress up, dance and they sell drinks. You can wear white but you don't have to...when I was on the Sky the white party was outside....no black lights...that would have been cool.

Edited by travel_lover

All their "parties" are pretty much similar....they play music people dress up, dance and they sell drinks.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why everyone is all so excited about the White Hot Party (admittedly, I've never been to that one, but I've been to parties on NCL ships). Best I can tell, it's just a dance party and they sell drinks.

I was on the Pearl March 1-8. They had the White Hot Party in Spinnakers...they close it down and no one is allowed to enter until 10:30. It was ok...they had the NCL dancers do a dance routine and then they had NCL employees trying to get the audiance up to dance...then the NCL dancers would do another little show....

I don't think I would attend one again.....but something you should experience and determine for yourself....

Have a great cruise

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why everyone is all so excited about the White Hot Party (admittedly, I've never been to that one, but I've been to parties on NCL ships). Best I can tell, it's just a dance party and they sell drinks.

I've managed to go to Monte Carlo, White Hot, Carnival Espectacular (spelling lol) and it's all the same really....it's nice but I don't usually drink alot so I just watch the dancing listen to music...it's pretty much dancing and selling drinks, you're right.

You can have your drink served to you in a glass MADE of ice! Now, naturally there's a plastic-holder-thing for you to HOLD in your hand, but there's this goblet shaped piece of ice that holds your drink! IT'S SO COOL!

We were able to order our drinks in these ice glasses at the martini bar. It WAS fun for a different experience. Armando at the martini bar on the Gem was the BEST! Anyone know where he is now?

Maybe if you go to one you'll be able to tell people what they're all about.;):)

I can't wait to get on the NCL Spirit and experience what a normal cruise line does with a white party. I can't imagine it being up to par with a true white party but I'll see VERY soon! I just have to wash the outfit since I just used it last week and then it's time for packing all over again!!! :D

You ready for us iheartbda? :)

• 2 years later...

Hello All~

I was wondering if anyone knows what night Norwegian Dawn holds the White Hot Party? I am renewing my vows on board the Day we Leave Bermuda. From what I remember oin the Spirit it was the next night but I want to be sure.Just want to know if I need 2 white outfits ( including my dress):D

Edited by Bostoncruiser35

I'm sailing on the Sun Halloween week. If the White Hot Party is on that night I guess we'll all be ghosts and nurses???

Once on the Majesty the White Hot Party was Christmas Eve. It felt kinda strange dancing at midnight!

its only as FUN as YOU make it .....GO GET YOUR CELEBRATION on!!

last years on the SUN was GREAT....crew made it that way, passengers!!

after a certain time to it is for adults only (18 and older i believe) then you dont have so many kids running around and knocking into you on the dance floor.

EVERYONE needs to go at least once!!

looking forward to 2 WHPs with our B2B in De:D

• 3 years later...

Pretty disappointing. On previous cruises white night was like a big cocktail party where everyone could circulate have conversations, dance to the music, etc. A nice sophisticated activity. This was just another disco party where most people were wearing white. Yes to some small ice sculptures and specialty drinks.