Mystic Catamaran Reviews?

Travelrd

has anyone taken the mystic catamaran tour of antigua? it is offered through princess as a shore excursion and since there already is a review of the "excellence" catamaran tour, i was hoping someone might have taken this tour.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

David, you could have just asked me last week when we were on the Excellence together, lol. When we were bobbing in the water, the Mystic II was sitting right over there and Dan & I were telling everybody that we were just on it 4 months ago.

Here's the difference: you get a delicious grilled lobster lunch. That's about it. The ladder into the water is a little trickier than the sturdy ladder on the Excellence. But you get 2 beach stops, snorkeling, the great lunch, free flowing rum punch. There were 3 different ship passengers on the Mystic - Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Caribbean (I was on the Serenade of the Seas). Seems like there were more people on the Mystic but not positive.

I loved the Mystic, you can't go wrong. The reason we had so much fun last week on the Excellence is because most of our roll call and Facebook group were on it - we basically took over the boat.

Sandy .... Thanks so very much for your comparion of Excellence and Mystic.

We're sort of leaning toward Mystic. Was the ladder really that awful? If it had not been for your Facebook pals, which would you have liked better?

The Mystic ladder wasn't that bad - I did fall climbing up it (have artificial knees) and still have a bump on one knee. I just noticed on the Excellence that the ladder is more like stairs.

Yes, you'd have fun on either boat - they make sure of that. On the Mystic I basically just watched everybody drink (had a cold) and had fun doing that. On the Excellence I also had a cold (seems to be a habit with me - get sick on cruises, lol) but I had more fun because I knew more people. There was dancing and a conga line on both boats.

However, if you don't know anybody on either boat, do the Mystic - the lobster lunch is to die for! They grill it on the boat on a BBQ and use some great seasoning.

The Mystic ladder wasn't that bad - I did fall climbing up it (have artificial knees) and still have a bump on one knee. I just noticed on the Excellence that the ladder is more like stairs.

Yes, you'd have fun on either boat - they make sure of that. On the Mystic I basically just watched everybody drink (had a cold) and had fun doing that. On the Excellence I also had a cold (seems to be a habit with me - get sick on cruises, lol) but I had more fun because I knew more people. There was dancing and a conga line on both boats.

However, if you don't know anybody on either boat, do the Mystic - the lobster lunch is to die for! They grill it on the boat on a BBQ and use some great seasoning.

Thanks, Sandy! Mystic sounds like exactly the sort of thing we enjoy! :)

Hope the lump on your knee goes away soon!

• 2 years later...