Round Table

G.M.T.

Over the years friendships have grown amonst cruiers who have cruised on Costa who have maintained contact via various cruise forums, BUT all roads lead back to CC. Then what happens a thread is highjacked as happened recently with the "Laundry" thread.

So we thought why not have a dedicated thread where various topics can be covered i.e.:

chitchat

how the family is doing

aches, pains and operations

the odd jokes (of course politically correcct)

ideas about future cruise

rumours (cruise and not cruise)

games

stalks

and much much more.

There is no membership requirements, no moderation (except CC's own moderator), of course open to everyone, just join in. The sucess of this thread depends on it's input - hopefully becoming self perpetuating.

So come on and let's get the ball rolling - after all cruising is meant to be F U N.

Ron

Over the years friendships have grown amonst cruiers who have cruised on Costa who have maintained contact via various cruise forums, BUT all roads lead back to CC. Then what happens a thread is highjacked as happened recently with the "Laundry" thread.

So we thought why not have a dedicated thread where various topics can be covered i.e.:

chitchat

how the family is doing

aches, pains and operations

the odd jokes (of course politically correcct)

ideas about future cruise

rumours (cruise and not cruise)

games

stalks

and much much more.

There is no membership requirements, no moderation (except CC's own moderator), of course open to everyone, just join in. The sucess of this thread depends on it's input - hopefully becoming self perpetuating.

So come on and let's get the ball rolling - after all cruising is meant to be F U N.

Ron

Pulls up a chair ...... glass of vino in hand (getting ready for the AI) :cool:

Waiting for friends old and new.

Mel :rolleyes:

Just back from lunch out with my parents and feeling all chilled out...a bit too chilled out to get cracking with the packing, but as three long days of work to come before my Thursday morning flight to Dubai, I really, really must get my butt in gear!

Looking forward to catching up with old and new friends on here.

In typical dizzy style - I went trawling the "menu" on CC- by category looking for "Round Table" - TWICE. Then I came back on to Costa - and there it was!!!!!! That's a good start :o it's 06.20 Monday morning here in Perth - I am up for work - and you guys would be getting ready for bed (nothings changed in the time zone)

Went to eldest Grandson's 18th on Saturday night - and survived. It was a joint party with his Stepsister - both 18 within days of each other - different sets of friends from different schools/TAFE's - fantastic - the music........ah well............."They don't make music like they did in our day" :p:rolleyes: 48 teens - 12 adults (gate keepers) - thank goodness for Aussie weather and huge back yards - and large bins!!!!!

Hi All!

Thank you Ron - so great to "see" everyone:)

I've been shopping around the cruiselines - Now that I am smoke-free (since 18th October) I have been able to look at all the lines which I crossed off previously. All that ££££ we are no longer spending on cigs will buy a nice Jan 14 cruise. Hubby (who only started smoking at 46!) quit two weeks ago too, so at long last, we did it

Going back on NeoR in September - 13 nights and very much look to it. Meeting up with friends of ours in genoa - We have never taken a holiday in september in years but as we get older - think - business can wait it will still be there when we get back.

Hows everyone elses plans for the year ahead coming along?

Thanks Ron for pulling us together!

Hi Blondie - well as you can see we have gone to "the other side" for our next cruise - for cooler cruise weather - plus we have Christmas Day in the Fjordland National Park, and New Years day at sea on the way from Auckland to Melbourne - now looking to see what 2014 - 2015 has in store on the World's Oceans. Western Australia now has the Astor coming down here in December for local cruises out of Fremantle - this ship has taken over from the Athena seeing as CIC went to the wall. So we get some "mini cruises" back. (That's where I was up to on the "other board").

Ron, last heard that your cruise in November was cancelled - what have you got on the boil now?

Well I'm planning on going on the Atlantica on Friday, snow permitting! Edinburgh airport is closed this morning and it's still snowing and we're due to have heavy snow today and light snow tomorrow. Flightnis not until Thursday morning. BA has a few flights each day, so if I don't get my connection, I should still (hopefully) get there before the ship departs on Saturday morning, as I have around 26 hours wiggle room.

For the rest ofnthe year, I revert to my favourite line for a West Med in May on MSC Sinfonia and the Black Sea on my gfavourite ship, MSC Musica.

Well better get a move on as I'll need to walk up the hill to getbthe bus, as my road is a no go zone other than in wellies or granny boots!

Have a good day all!

Here's hoping you get out of Edinburgh without difficulty Mairi, and enjoy a wonderful cruise!

Thanks Chuck!

Snow thankfully turned to rain late on today, so the road is passable now, just have to wait to see what gets dumped overnight.

Hi Blondie - well as you can see we have gone to "the other side" for our next cruise - for cooler cruise weather - plus we have Christmas Day in the Fjordland National Park, and New Years day at sea on the way from Auckland to Melbourne - now looking to see what 2014 - 2015 has in store on the World's Oceans. Western Australia now has the Astor coming down here in December for local cruises out of Fremantle - this ship has taken over from the Athena seeing as CIC went to the wall. So we get some "mini cruises" back. (That's where I was up to on the "other board").

Ron, last heard that your cruise in November was cancelled - what have you got on the boil now?

Hi Lizzie,

The only cruise connect we have at present is "The One Digit Dance" (from CC's Carnival board - where cruisers will be embarking in under 10 days), in our case it's DW who a hip replacement op last week and is slowing getting back on her feet (both of them). Luckily she has had experience getting back on her feet - thnalks to the All Inclusive Package.

Ron

Glad things are going good with DW - good practice that All Inclusive - no doubt you have roped in (not roped up) dear MIL to help? :rolleyes:

Dear MIL keeps hanging around but the rope keeps breaking (German quality), also my knot tying is not what it used to be. Think I will have to do a Boy Scout refresher course and get my Hangman's Knot Badge.

Ron

ello peeps....just thought I would say "ello"...good to know all is getting better Ron :)

enjoy the cruise Mairi, should make a nice change from the cold weather at home :)

and everyone else, have a fun one...whether it be cruising or just enjoying life in general :)

just trying to keep my two cruises at present...and my sanity which is a whole different ball game ;)

take care guys and gals...see/hear from you again somewhen ttfn...

'Ello all from sunny Dubai!

Just having lunch at the hotel before I try my luck at the port to see if Costa will let me board before the official 8pm time. I may be in luck as my disembark time is next Friday morning. It a late check out. If they won't let me on, hopefully they'll take my luggage.

Have a great day all, whatever your plans are

'Ello all from sunny Dubai!

Just having lunch at the hotel before I try my luck at the port to see if Costa will let me board before the official 8pm time. I may be in luck as my disembark time is next Friday morning. It a late check out. If they won't let me on, hopefully they'll take my luggage.

Have a great day all, whatever your plans are

Mairi,

Have a great cruise

Ron

Cheers Ron.

Well just had avery pleasant lunch in the MDR with a Dutch and an Italian couple, and now chilling back in the atrium with an espresso!

This morning was our muster drill and have to say what a deadly serious affair it was (first one I've done on a Costa ship, since the Concordia). No chit chat and everyone paying attention whilst an officer strolled back and forth giving us all a very serious look. I git picked up on not having tied a little bow in my lifejacket. Not complaining, it's good they notice stuff like that. I'm used to MSC's where you Velcro the 2 front panels together.

So after the serious stuff was out the way, I headed to the Spa for a facial. Very nice it was too, juts could have done without the hard sell forever product under the sun and a bit of pressure to go for a session to have my fat and fluid levels tested. Don't need to spend €15 to find out what I already know, I'm overweight and no Elemis course of tablets is going to magically fix that!

We have only one show tonight, at 8.15 fro both dinner seatings. It's a classical concert which I'll definitely go to. Tonight will be my first dinner in the MDR, (with loads of folk on late flights, they just do a buffet on the first night) so looking forward to meeting my table mates (assuming I have some that is! Haven't heard very many passengers speaking English so far. Seems to be a big Spanish contingency, lots of Italians and Germans and even a young chap from Belarus (first cruise needed assistance in the buffet!).

so that's all my news for now. Going to head up to the sun deck for a bit and try not to burn myself to a crisp!

Speak to you all later

Hows the weather withyou Mel?

We are snowed in - our whole region in a lock grid. People in shelters everywhere, all roads closed, cars abandoned - military are in, and mountain rescue - to get people from cars and into safety.

Its nuts - worst snow we have seen in years...

You be looking forward to your cruise huh!!

Im secretly enjoying being snowed in, shop and visitor centre closed - shhhhhhhhhhh;)

Hows the weather withyou Mel?

We are snowed in - our whole region in a lock grid. People in shelters everywhere, all roads closed, cars abandoned - military are in, and mountain rescue - to get people from cars and into safety.

Its nuts - worst snow we have seen in years...

You be looking forward to your cruise huh!!

Im secretly enjoying being snowed in, shop and visitor centre closed - shhhhhhhhhhh;)

We are snowed in :rolleyes:, just walked into the village, the main roads are ok, but it is drifting out of the fields.

Daughter left her car at work and caught the train back to leeds, not seen it so bad for years.

Took me 2 hrs to get home last night a journey that usually takes 20 mins:confused:

Its meant to be spring ....... cant wait to feel the sun on my face you watch it will be that hot where we are going we will be looking for shade all the time:rolleyes:

Hope you are ok Blonde

Keep in touch

Mel:D

Cheers Ron.

... to go for a session to have my fluid levels tested.

Mairi,

That may not be a bad idea to make sure you are getting your AI money's worth.

But on the other hand why waste valuable drinking time.

Ron

Mairi,

That may not be a bad idea to make sure you are getting your AI money's worth.

But on the other hand why waste valuable drinking time.

Ron

My thoughts exactly Ron....now for another Mojitos.

Ladies, the weather sounds dire. So much for it being spring. Hope the thaw sets in very soon and things get back to normal.

Mel, I'm quite impressed by the Atlantica. Similar layout but on a smaller scale to the Favolosa but without the garishness.

My thoughts exactly Ron....now for another Mojitos.

Ladies, the weather sounds dire. So much for it being spring. Hope the thaw sets in very soon and things get back to normal.

Mel, I'm quite impressed by the Atlantica. Similar layout but on a smaller scale to the Favolosa but without the garishness.

Thanks for letting me know amo, getting really excited, following your good self via the web cam.

We are really cut off at the moment surrounded by snow drifts, should have got my new car today, but told the garage to keep it while wednesday:cool:

Amo have a wonderful cruise

Mel:D