Old Town Trolley vs City View Trolley

sharecruises

We think thay are both the same

No' date=' they are not.

How far is it from the cruise pier,Celebrity, to a stop for the CityView trolley?

It depends what pier you are on. Being on Celebrity, it's likely you will be at Pier B, aka Westin Dock. Everything is a short walk from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Can anyone please tell me if either of these companies can accommodate a wheelchair that folds up? My mom has mobility issues and can't walk long distances, so we're trying to decide if we should leave her wheelchair on the ship.

Also, anyone have a route map for the trolley?

Thanks!

Here is a map of the City View Trolley route and stops and I have seen people using portable mobility devices on both trolley lines.

With that being said, I can't see you walking more than a few hundred feet from each stop (since Duval St is only a mile and a quarter long).

Whether or not you leave the chair on the ship is up to you.

Have a great visit!

Mike:)

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/KeyWest_PDF/KEY%20WEST%20NEW%20MAP.pdf

Edited by bhopal21

Here is a map of the City View Trolley route and stops and I have seen people using portable mobility devices on both trolley lines.

With that being said, I can't see you walking more than a few hundred feet from each stop (since Duval St is only a mile and a quarter long).

Whether or not you leave the chair on the ship is up to you.

Have a great visit!

Mike:)

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/KeyWest_PDF/KEY%20WEST%20NEW%20MAP.pdf

Thank you very much! This is just the info I needed! :D

Just a question...if we port in the mole and have to take the "shuttle" trolly into town can we just walk to the southern point? I ask because we will have a double stroller with us and we port at 7AM and the city trolly doesn't operate until 9:30. I would "assume" we could walk to the southern point before the 1st trolly ever arrives (thinking crowd control here). I have read not much, if anything, is open at 7 so thinking we could walk directly to southern point then make a leisurely walk back toward port after merchants open?

Just a question...if we port in the mole and have to take the "shuttle" trolly into town can we just walk to the southern point? I ask because we will have a double stroller with us and we port at 7AM and the city trolly doesn't operate until 9:30. I would "assume" we could walk to the southern point before the 1st trolly ever arrives (thinking crowd control here). I have read not much, if anything, is open at 7 so thinking we could walk directly to southern point then make a leisurely walk back toward port after merchants open?

Where you are dropped off is about at the Northernmost part of the island. The Southernmost Point is, well, you know. ;) It's about a 1.3 mile walk straight down Whitehead St. It really is a nice walk, but whether that's too much with a stroller is up to you.

Where you are dropped off is about at the Northernmost part of the island. The Southernmost Point is, well, you know. ;) It's about a 1.3 mile walk straight down Whitehead St. It really is a nice walk, but whether that's too much with a stroller is up to you.

1.3 miles isn't too bad of a walk, it will be next month so maybe temps will be nice. The stroller is not an issue either, I actually dread the day I can travel without it because even when kids don't use it I can put my bags in the seat..wonder if I would get strange looks pushing a stroller with teenagers with me :eek:

Hi! Can anyone please tell me if either of these companies can accommodate a wheelchair that folds up? My mom has mobility issues and can't walk long distances, so we're trying to decide if we should leave her wheelchair on the ship.

Also, anyone have a route map for the trolley?

Thanks!

My guess is yes based on the open air trolley design and friendliness of the drivers, but call or email them, they are good about responding. There is a map on the website, it would probably help to know which stops you want to use and let the driver know ahead of time.

Edited by BillOh

My guess is yes based on the open air trolley design and friendliness of the drivers, but call or email them, they are good about responding. There is a map on the website, it would probably help to know which stops you want to use and let the driver know ahead of time.

Thank you!

I contacted City View via their web site and finally got a response:

We do have trolleys that are fully accessible if you need a lift, however, if you can do the steps, we will fold up the chair and keep it up by the driver for you.

Now my question is, what happens if the ship doesn't make it to Key West?

I think I know the answer already, but I'm still waiting for City View to confirm. :)

Now my question is, what happens if the ship doesn't make it to Key West?

I think I know the answer already, but I'm still waiting for City View to confirm. :)

From people I personally know, and from the accounts of folks on these boards, both of the 2 KW trollie companies will refund you.

• 2 weeks later...

With the wedding group I would like to utilize them to get to our ceremony location (Key West Botanical Gardens) and then have everyone do the full tour together with stops at the Green Parrot, Southernmost Point and a few other locations. Does anyone know if it is possible to book 2-3 hours with them or do we fight the crowds and possibly be split up along the way?

We are going April 9th so I don't think it is THAT busy during April (but I could be wrong).

If we are coming in on the Carnival Destiny... how far to the City View Trolley from the port area?? It sounds perfect for our day! :)

Anyone ever seen them start before 9:30 am?? We will be in Key West at 7:30 am so we'll probably find a quick way to get to the Southernmost Point and have the obligatory picture made (taxi??) and then slowly meander our way around Key West until we see the first trolley..

If we are coming in on the Carnival Destiny... how far to the City View Trolley from the port area?? It sounds perfect for our day! :)

Anyone ever seen them start before 9:30 am?? We will be in Key West at 7:30 am so we'll probably find a quick way to get to the Southernmost Point and have the obligatory picture made (taxi??) and then slowly meander our way around Key West until we see the first trolley..

They list the first tour as starting at 9:30 a.m., and if you look at this map which shows stop one and which is 90 degrees incorrect (Duval and Simonton should run from left to right, not bottom to top) it's about a 10 minute walk to the stop on Front Street, just on the other side of the Custom House.

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/index.php

Pjk

We are headed for our 3rd visit to KW and in the past have gone with the Old Town Trolley and had a good experience... this time we are going to give the Cityview a try..... like that they don't take you all the way out to the commercial district which is not necessary..... we will get off at the Butterfly place and then get back on and still have time to walk Duval Street....

Get some lunch and do some shopping! Bought tickets on line

Are there any benches to sit and rest on the 1.3 mile walk to the southernmost point ? My husband has mobility issues and would not be able to walk without stopping. He does not have one of those rollators that you can sit on (and refuses the idea of having one.)