Pullmantur Monarch Caribbean Cruise

JoanVA

There are great deals on this cruise for Spring 2014, but I can only find one review. Have any of you been on or heard about it? We are somewhat concerned about the stop in Caracas -- most other cruise lines no longer stop there because of safety. Are there any good tour operators or should we just plan on staying aboard that day? Would appreciate anything you know about the cruise line and/or itinerary.

• 3 months later...

My wife and I just returned from cruising on Pullmantur's Monarch departing out of Colon, Panama 4-11 April 2014. Overall it was an enjoyable cruise that I would recommend. But one must keep in mind that the ship is an older ship passed down from Royal Caribbean. Its clean, well maintained and the staff works hard at keeping it that way. The cruise is geared toward the Central/South American market and as such the primary language is Spanish although all announcements are made in Spanish and English. The cuisine also appeared to be primarily Central/South American influence. For example, you can expect to find, among other dishes, a delicious rice and a bean offering at both lunch and dinner. The lines at the buffet were long sometimes and do not get frustrated when the seniors simply cut in the line. I actually admired the fact that no one complained or made faces when this happened. I requested early seating (715pm) and discovered I was given late seating upon receiving my shipboard card. We found the early seating to be too late for us, so we simply enjoyed the buffet for the majority of the cruise. Its an all inclusive ship meaning all drinks are included. I must also mention that I observed no one acting carried away as a result of being drunk. There were plenty of families on the ship and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband and I have booked this cruise. Will be # 48 for me...but the first with Pullmantur. My SPanish is un poco, but we will have fun.

Does anyone know about shore excursions in Caracas and Cartegena...have been to the other ports before

any info appreciated. ALso I know it is all inclusive... but do they allow you to bring any wine or liqour on board as other lines allow wine

thank you

Sharon

• 1 month later...

Just found this cruise.

Itinerary

Yucatán (Puerto Progreso)

At sea

George Town (Grand Cayman)

At sea

Belize City

Roatan (Honduras)

Cozumel

Yucatan (Mexico)

We live in Belize, This is an easy cruise to get to without flying into the states. We did almost the same one in 2011. loved it. cant beat the all inclusive!!