Carnival BAD customer service

esper10

I like to tell you what kind of bad customer service I recived from Carnival . I have been checking Carnival web site for a specific 3 days cruise for some times now. The price of window cabin has been $309.00 Resident rate, senior rate, and past cruiser. The other day in the evening a $194.00 price was the price. Not only for that one cruise but few different date of 3-4 days same ship. When I tried to book it putting all my information and the cabin category I wanted, window cabin. I had no problem with the price until I had to pick the cabin# that's when the price I got all of a sudden was back to 309.00 I did it over and over so I end up calling Carnival. I representative did not even understand what I'm taking about until I made him do it himself. I insisted that they need to honor the 194.00 for the glitch in the system but he was trying to tell me that this rate is for 4 people knowing I was putting for 2 in the number of traveling box. I requested to talk to a supervisor and while he was transferring me some how well, I was disconnected. I called again same thing when I asked to talk to a supervisor I was transfer but had a music for over 30 minuets until I gave up and hang up. In the morning I called my travel agent and she saw what I saw and copied the screen. She had talked to so many different people including supervisors but Carnival refuse to honor the price giving her all kind of reasons that made no seance , but OH YES they fixed the system that day and now it is back to 309.00 If I was so wrong than the price of 194.00 would still be their.I'm very disappointed with such a large company. Not so much the money as it is not much but the customer service for a past guest with their mistake. Oh yes I do cruise Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for the most part and no wonder why? Customer service matter always will !!!!!!!

In this day of technology, I agree, 100%, that these companies need to honor their "glitches":mad:

Just a month or two ago, United Airlines had a HUGE glitch.

I know people that live in CT, that got RT tickets to San Francisco, for $70:eek::eek::eek:

United honored those fares.....

If you are not tech savvy enough to keep up with the times, don't offer online bookings.

JMO.

No sympathy here. Someone wanting something for nothing. It was a glitch in the system. It never let you actually go through with the purchase. Enjoy your Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises.

Really?

I know people that live in CT, that got RT tickets to San Francisco, for $70:eek::eek::eek:

JMO.

Yes they did honor it. Those tickets were actually purchased. This case is different. If he would have been able to purchase the $194.00 tx I'd say yes, honor it. So yes, really.

Yes they did honor it. Those tickets were actually purchased. This case is different. If he would have been able to purchase the $194.00 tx I'd say yes, honor it. So yes, really.

Fair enough.....:p

They tried to tell me that I put the wrong information but their own rep. did the same so did the travel agent, and NO I don't want something for nothing. It is a cheep cruise any way. People fly for few $$ due to glitch the air line honor these things. Yes, in my last cruise with RCCL someone post that when he booked a balcony cabin the size of the balcony that was posted were incorrect. The true size was smaller than what the web sight posted. When he contacted RCCL they gave him on board credit of $150 just for that and than the corrected the web site.

In this day of technology, I agree, 100%, that these companies need to honor their "glitches":mad:

If you are not tech savvy enough to keep up with the times, don't offer online bookings.

JMO.

The difference between United's glitch and the glitch the OP says they found is that United's glitch allowed the customer to make that purchase. OP was never allowed to complete a purchase at the glitch price. Therein lies the difference.

The difference between United's glitch and the glitch the OP says they found is that United's glitch allowed the customer to make that purchase. OP was never allowed to complete a purchase at the glitch price. Therein lies the difference.

Actually makes sense. IF OP was able to book the lower rate either online or by calling Carnival, then it would be BS if they came back and blamed it on a glitch, but in this case no booking was made so I guess there is no lower rate.

Exactly. My coworker lucked up and got a RT ticket to Seattle from LaGuardia for $112. The purchase went all the way through. They had no choice but to honor it. Totally different from the OPs scenario. I doubt RC or Celebrity would have honored said glitch either, but whatev.

I think the rate price shown would be at the guarantee level (where you can't select specific room). Carnival puts a premium on the ability to select a specific roo. I think when the OP didn't select this option it defers to the higher rate. It's the same with the pack and go rates as they select you room too.

I've had it show up a much cheaper price, I screen shot it and called. They did not honor it even when I had a picture. I legitimately thought it was a "glitch" on their part... th emore I've played with it the more I know. And now i realize if you have two tabs open or more than that even, it will display the same price for all of them until you go to pick the cabin, similar to what you are saying. For me its that I have more than one tab open.

I don't have much sympathy either in this situation. Yes, I'd be disappointed but how would you feel if every time you made a mistake someone took advantage of you. Only thing you have the right to complain about is them giving you the run around rather than just saying it's a glitch and they wouldn't honor it. If they would have let you finish the transaction then you'd have every right to complain. Just my 2 cents, cheaper than any other cruise line already that's why a lot of us cruise it.

I've had the site give me 1st and 2nd person prices as advertised then the 3rd person TRIPLES! sometimes to over $1000 on a 5 day cruise!

When the rep got the lower price, it should have been honored or explained.

It's a glitchy site, alright.

I don't know the exact details of this situation there is usually always more to the story. I do however agree if this was a glitch and proven to carnival they should honor it. Most company's are good about such things.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not sure if both United and Delta has the same thing occur...but I missed the Delta $10 rate thing in December, I had several friends who once they heard about it tried to purchase, saw the $10 rates but at payment screen the actual airfare showed. No one felt Delta should have honored the non purchased tickets, it was great they honored the purchased tickets. Walmart had similar glitch too, had super cheap prices (cheaper than normal), people completed the check out process and even got "pick up in store" confirmations, then got cancellations that the purchase was cancelled. It's at the discretion of the company.

I also agree with the person that the lower rate was most likely for a guarantee cabin, not a "select your cabin" rate.