ERA or Coastal Helicopter for dog sled tour

Disneynerd

We are planning to do a glacier dog sled tour and both these companies have good reviews. Price is not that much different between the two. Anyone have experience with either one and any recommendations for one over the other? We will be going in August.

Thanks!

My choice would be Coastal...They have a really good operation....They also have a brand new tour that takes you on a glacier tour to (I believe) another glacier and lets you walk around and explore that glacier along with doing the sled dogs. The guy who does the Coastal sled dog rides is Sebastian Schnuelle who has won the Yukon Quest and is a very highly respected musher. All of the guides who are with them are race veterans or have extensive experience. I had my dogs on the glacier with him a couple of years ago, and I trusted him completely with my team....I think he is the best tour out there, and hopefully you will get to meet him if it isn't his day off....In any event, you would get to meet Salt and Pepper, two of his pups...One pure white, one put black....1 litter with only 2 pups.....you can look at fb under his name. He has a public FB and you can see where you would be going...:)

with Coastal. Top notch experience. Then even coordinated our tour times as we went with Coastal in the morning then Harv/Marv Whale watch in the afternoon. Were going with them again this year but found availability to Pack Creek so we're headed there. You'll have a blast. Enjoy