Carnival Magic Wedding review 03/03/13

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give a little review of our wedding. I know that reading everyone elses reviews sure helped me tremendously in the planning process....so here it goes...

First off we had a very small wedding...all of our guests were non sailing and it was just immediate family and 2 of my best girl friends...I think 14 total. We got the deluxe wedding package.

Pre-Wedding...

We stayed at the Galvestonian....it was SOO nice....my fiance and his family stayed at his mom's timeshare on the west side of the island. We had a "rehearsal" dinner at the Fishermans Warf restaurant....it was really great. As far as my make up and hair go....Kristina Frank is the way to go...I HIGHLY recommend her....she did my makeup (airbrush) and another girl did my hair. She did an amazing job!!

Embarkation/Wedding....

I kind of felt like the embarkation process was chaotic....probably because I was just nervous and this was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. Once we finally got through security and everything we met with our wedding planner from The Wedding Experience as well as our minister....I kind of felt like they were not very informative and a little unorganized. But over all everything went great. There were apparently 3 other weddings that day on the ship...so needless to say our weddign people were spread thin. Customs went really slow...we didn't get to get on the ship until 11am which only gave us an hour to get our stuff to our room and get changed. That kind of stressed me out...but again everything turned out fine. The photographers came in before they came and got me to head towards the ceremony. My pictures turned out amazing, but more on that later. Our ceremony was in the Escape Bar...I was very pleased with the location. The ceremony went great! The reception was in the Piano Bar and it turned out great! The hor' deurves were great, the cake was great, and it was just all in all a great time.

Pictures...

I couldn't be more pleased with my pictures....they turned out amazing. Rommel was our photographer along with Nur. The only problem was that I couldn't get them all because of how much we budgetted for pictures.

Video...

Our video was amazing! I highly recommend getting the video...Misha was our videographer and he went above and beyond!

Flowers...

I didn't use the flowers that Carnival provided...I got a silk flower package on Etsy and they were beautiful.

I may be leaving stuff out so if there is any questions that anyone has please ask and I will tell you what I know! :)

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give a little review of our wedding. I know that reading everyone elses reviews sure helped me tremendously in the planning process....so here it goes...

First off we had a very small wedding...all of our guests were non sailing and it was just immediate family and 2 of my best girl friends...I think 14 total. We got the deluxe wedding package.

Pre-Wedding...

We stayed at the Galvestonian....it was SOO nice....my fiance and his family stayed at his mom's timeshare on the west side of the island. We had a "rehearsal" dinner at the Fishermans Warf restaurant....it was really great. As far as my make up and hair go....Kristina Frank is the way to go...I HIGHLY recommend her....she did my makeup (airbrush) and another girl did my hair. She did an amazing job!!

Embarkation/Wedding....

I kind of felt like the embarkation process was chaotic....probably because I was just nervous and this was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. Once we finally got through security and everything we met with our wedding planner from The Wedding Experience as well as our minister....I kind of felt like they were not very informative and a little unorganized. But over all everything went great. There were apparently 3 other weddings that day on the ship...so needless to say our weddign people were spread thin. Customs went really slow...we didn't get to get on the ship until 11am which only gave us an hour to get our stuff to our room and get changed. That kind of stressed me out...but again everything turned out fine. The photographers came in before they came and got me to head towards the ceremony. My pictures turned out amazing, but more on that later. Our ceremony was in the Escape Bar...I was very pleased with the location. The ceremony went great! The reception was in the Piano Bar and it turned out great! The hor' deurves were great, the cake was great, and it was just all in all a great time.

Pictures...

I couldn't be more pleased with my pictures....they turned out amazing. Rommel was our photographer along with Nur. The only problem was that I couldn't get them all because of how much we budgetted for pictures.

Video...

Our video was amazing! I highly recommend getting the video...Misha was our videographer and he went above and beyond!

Flowers...

I didn't use the flowers that Carnival provided...I got a silk flower package on Etsy and they were beautiful.

I may be leaving stuff out so if there is any questions that anyone has please ask and I will tell you what I know! :)

First off, congratulations!! So happy to hear about another please cruise bride :) Thank you so much for sharing your review. Each one is always so helpful to me. I've been a little nervous about the pictures so I'm also always extra happy to hear when brides are happy with them. If you don't mind me asking, which package did you go with and how many pictures did you receive? Right now we are only budgeting about $1500 for pictures. We were also debating whether or not to get the video.

First off, congratulations!! So happy to hear about another please cruise bride :) Thank you so much for sharing your review. Each one is always so helpful to me. I've been a little nervous about the pictures so I'm also always extra happy to hear when brides are happy with them. If you don't mind me asking, which package did you go with and how many pictures did you receive? Right now we are only budgeting about $1500 for pictures. We were also debating whether or not to get the video.

Well we budgeted $1500 as well and I thought that would be plenty....we recieved 60 8x10's and 40 5x7's, 2 CD's with the pictures purchased, a DVD slide show and 2 canvases for $1500. The way it worked was he told us to go through and pick which ones we wanted so we did....well with the ones we picked it would have cost us $3000....we just didn't have that much money to spend....so we had to go back through and get rid of some so that we could get the $1500 package. So just know that you will recieve a lot of pictures, but there are going to be some that you will have to leave behind.

Well we budgeted $1500 as well and I thought that would be plenty....we recieved 60 8x10's and 40 5x7's, 2 CD's with the pictures purchased, a DVD slide show and 2 canvases for $1500. The way it worked was he told us to go through and pick which ones we wanted so we did....well with the ones we picked it would have cost us $3000....we just didn't have that much money to spend....so we had to go back through and get rid of some so that we could get the $1500 package. So just know that you will recieve a lot of pictures, but there are going to be some that you will have to leave behind.

Ahh ok, I see. Thanks so much for breaking that down. It's a real shame how expensive pictures are whether its for a "traditional" wedding or a cruise one. Anywho, I look forward to seeing your pictures! :)

Edited by 4EverHis2013
Forgot something

Thank you so much for your review! I don't hear much about cruise weddings from Galveston, which is where I would be sailing out from also. I'm looking forward to pictures as well and am curious to how the video came out! I hope your first cruise was fun and hope to hear you'll be cruising again! :D I am glad your day went well besides some minor hiccups. Congratulations!

Thank you so much for your review! I don't hear much about cruise weddings from Galveston, which is where I would be sailing out from also. I'm looking forward to pictures as well and am curious to how the video came out! I hope your first cruise was fun and hope to hear you'll be cruising again! :D I am glad your day went well besides some minor hiccups. Congratulations!

The video was awesome!! When is your wedding? You're getting married on the Magic? If so when you get the video ask for Misha to do it....he went above and beyond. I was worried at first that it wouldn't be very good...but it was more than I could have hoped for. I tried posting pictures last night but they are too big so I'm going to upload them to a site today and put the link on here so ya'll can go look at all of them. I'll let you know when I do! :)

The video was awesome!! When is your wedding? You're getting married on the Magic? If so when you get the video ask for Misha to do it....he went above and beyond. I was worried at first that it wouldn't be very good...but it was more than I could have hoped for. I tried posting pictures last night but they are too big so I'm going to upload them to a site today and put the link on here so ya'll can go look at all of them. I'll let you know when I do! :)

I'm still thinking about a wedding on a cruise. I'm searching the internet for info haha. But everything I've found makes me really want to do it! My family and I might sail n the Magic next March but not sure which ship I'd be sailing on if I decide to get married on one. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Sorry ladies....this past weekend we had a reception for all of our friends and family and so I've going non stop dealing with that. Now that life has slowed down I will work on getting pictures uploaded to a site so that i can link to it for ya'll to see! :)

Sorry ladies....this past weekend we had a reception for all of our friends and family and so I've going non stop dealing with that. Now that life has slowed down I will work on getting pictures uploaded to a site so that i can link to it for ya'll to see! :)

I hope your reception was fun! Was it a formal at home reception or a casual one? I'm excited for your wedding photos! :D

congratulations! which package did you go with? did you personalize your ceremony/reception at all? PICTURES PLEASE!! :D

congratulations! which package did you go with? did you personalize your ceremony/reception at all? PICTURES PLEASE!! :D

I got the deluxe package. I did not do any personalization besides getting my own silk flowers and sand ceremony stuff. The rest was all Carnival/The Wedding Experience. It was just friends and family and we had a reception for everyone when we got home so we saved all the "personalizing" for that. Give me your email and I'll send you a link to the pictures. :)

Laury9265@gmail.com thanks! Sounds like you went the more private way :) how was the overall experience? Did you get a DJ? Where did you host your onboard reception? I'm sorry for bombarding you with questions

Girl ask away! LOL I'll sing like a bird! The overall experience was great! I would recommend a cruise wedding to anyone....it was beautiful and pretty stress free compared to a traditional wedding. I did not get a DJ...the reception was in the piano bar and they had music piped in. We just spent the time eating, drinking, and visiting, and taking pictures. LOL we waited and did our "first dance" at our at home reception in front of everybody.

Sending picture link now!

Girl ask away! LOL I'll sing like a bird! The overall experience was great! I would recommend a cruise wedding to anyone....it was beautiful and pretty stress free compared to a traditional wedding. I did not get a DJ...the reception was in the piano bar and they had music piped in. We just spent the time eating, drinking, and visiting, and taking pictures. LOL we waited and did our "first dance" at our at home reception in front of everybody.

Sending picture link now!

Thank you! I'm glad it all worked out! There's not much info out there about cruise weddings, so right now I'm like a sponge! Lol