NCL Pride of America - February 23, 2013

brickellcruiser

• 1 year later...

Hello! My husband and I went to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary and we had a great time. The cruise ship is okay, good for a floating hotel in which you can unpack once and see all the islands. We never ate in the main dining rooms, only specialty restaurants, which were good. The entertainment options onboard were not very good and most of the ship felt deserted after 10 PM. We are in our mid thirties and we were the youngest passengers onboard. The crew/staff say the typical passenger is either " newlywed or nearly dead." The service was average , most of the crew is American and definitely noticed the difference in the quality of service compared to other ships. Otherwise the excursions were great and we enjoyed our time in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for your reply. Your experience is consistent with what we had heard. We have sailed on several other NCL trips and have always found the staff friendly and helpful. Some of the friends we have made that work for NCL have said the experience on the POA could be a little different. We will most likely give it a try, it seems to be a great way to see a lot of Hawaii in 7 days.....thanks again!

• 8 months later...

Hi there, I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting your thoughts on this NCL cruise. My husband and I are maybe thinking about it as an upcoming last-minute vacation to get a taste of Hawaii (his first time, and I haven't been since I was a kid).

Best,

Jeff