Booked flight with Choice Air. Record locator doesn't find anything on airlines site.

I booked a flight with the Choice Air. They gave me a record locator number for the flight, but when I searched for it on the airline's website a few days later, but I get an error. I called Choice Air back and they assured me that the flight is booked and confirmed, and that they were in fact able to find the reservation using the record locator. Yet I am still unable to.

Has anyone had this happen with a Choice Air reservation? Is there any other way I can confirm my flights? I'm worried that I won't be able to check-in on the day of the flight.

Go to www.checkmytrip.com

This is the site that choice air uses for their confirmation numbers. You should also be able to see your reservation on the airlines website directly but you need the carrier record locator number to do so.

However the above site is one that works with choice air and that they recommend that you use so it can be posted here as it's affiliated with choice air.

I booked a flight with the Choice Air. They gave me a record locator number for the flight, but when I searched for it on the airline's website a few days later, but I get an error. I called Choice Air back and they assured me that the flight is booked and confirmed, and that they were in fact able to find the reservation using the record locator. Yet I am still unable to.

Has anyone had this happen with a Choice Air reservation? Is there any other way I can confirm my flights? I'm worried that I won't be able to check-in on the day of the flight.

All I can suggest is to call the airline and see if they can see the booking on their side.

The confirmation email had two record locators, one labeled "carrier" the other without any label. I tried punching in both number in the airline, and both reported errors.

But I was able to find it on the checkmytrip.com site that Gil suggested. I guess my next step is to call the airline to confirm.

Edited by acerunner

The record locator you got from Choice Air is not the same as the airline''s record locator. Call the airline or do a search on the airline site by name and travel date, then note the airline record locator.

So what was the diff by booking CA vs doing your own thing? We are doing extended family trip on Oasis Thanksgiving 2014. I have enough miles/points for 1st class on Delta so I will use them. But the kids need to book their own and I am just wondering if using CA is any advantage.

So what was the diff by booking CA vs doing your own thing? We are doing extended family trip on Oasis Thanksgiving 2014. I have enough miles/points for 1st class on Delta so I will use them. But the kids need to book their own and I am just wondering if using CA is any advantage.

I've never seen better prices on Choice Air for purely domestic flights.

The advantage is that if there are any issues with the flight they booked for you, they will make sure you get to cruise on time (within reason). So they will book a new flight for you and if that's not possible, they'll find you a flight to catch up with the ship at the next port.

But clarea is right, for domestic flights, it's not cheaper. I made that mistake this time. Choice Air's price was cheaper than flight aggregate sites like kayak.com, but I made the mistake of not checking the airline directly, which I did after booking with CA and discovered that it was cheaper booking direct.

• 2 years later...

I have always booked myself as I always found those prices cheaper, but I just used ChoiceAir for our cruise in September. The price using ChoiceAir was only $15/person higher which is their service fee and includes their assistance with flights. Thought it seemed worth the $30!

What I didn't find clear is that they will "help" you get on another flight or whatever, but what about any fees? Are those covered or are they just simply helping you find another flight? Because really-if that is all they are doing....I could do that myself. Having said that, I did use them this time because getting to San Juan from Columbus, Ohio same day was difficult and I wanted all the help I could get-and the difference was less than $50 a ticket.