What line has the best food?

Maeshel

This is very much a moving target; let me update one more time:

After 55 cruises, let me update my picks:

#1 -- Oceania, best dining room food of all cruise lines.

#2 -- Azamara, very close to Oceania, but their buffet is not as good.

#3 -- Celebrity -- Best large ship category! Buffet and Alternative restaurants are great.

#4 -- Cunard dining room only! Buffet sucks and Todd English is so so.

#5 -- NCL using the "Ultimate Dining Package" and eating all evening meals in alternative restaurants. Eat lunch in the main dining room and avoid the buffet as much as possible.

#6 -- Oasis class, Q-class and Radiance class ships of RCL if you visit their alternative restaurants. All other ship Classes are not that great.

#7 -- Holland America. Safe MDR food and pretty good buffet and alternative restaurants.

#8 -- Princess, we keep giving them a shot, but I really don't get it. Meals were very mediocre, even in the alternative restaurants. Crowded buffet.

Kel:)

Great thread. I always divide cruises into 4 categories. Budget/ mainstream/ premium/ luxury.I mainly do Celebrity, which I consider upper mainstream. . Just off Oceania 71N; I consider premium.Gained 10 lbs. Lets face it; most of us have not done luxury cat .Loved O but at twice of usual $$ of Celebrity, I still think Celebrity offers best food value in the Cruise business. Admittedly, they have cut some corners in past few years to keep the tab down.

Great thread. I always divide cruises into 4 categories. Budget/ mainstream/ premium/ luxury.I mainly do Celebrity, which I consider upper mainstream. . Just off Oceania 71N; I consider premium.Gained 10 lbs. Lets face it; most of us have not done luxury cat .Loved O but at twice of usual $$ of Celebrity, I still think Celebrity offers best food value in the Cruise business. Admittedly, they have cut some corners in past few years to keep the tab down.

zc,

I agree 100%!

Kel:)