Vision of the Seas photos - Post Revitalization

LMaxwell

Does anyone know what the concierge club hours are on the Vision of the Seas Spanish immersion cruise? I know that dinner is not until 9:30 pm which is later than most other cruises, so I would think the club hours would be adjusted--but just thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information

Thanks so much!

I do know that when we were on Vision out of Copenhagen, dinner was later but the "happy hour" times were the same - 5 until 8:30. There was no official concierge lounge at that time but diamond and above still have a full free bar in a private location. The only time I've seen the hours changed on a ship is when the dinner hour is moved forward.

Gina

Does anyone know what the concierge club hours are on the Vision of the Seas Spanish immersion cruise? I know that dinner is not until 9:30 pm which is later than most other cruises, so I would think the club hours would be adjusted--but just thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information

Thanks so much!

STR6 Can't answer your concierge club question but dinner serving starts at 7:00 PM. There is an early (7:00 PM) and a late dining (9:00) times.

I'm sure that the times for the concierge club would be adjusted to the dining times. :(

Great photos! Thanks for posting. I will be going on the vision at the end of may. It will be my first cruise. These pics were a big help on what to expect. I have a question. since they do not have the coke machines how do the kids get sodas? Do they have regular fountain drinks available? Thanks

Great photos! Thanks for posting. I will be going on the vision at the end of may. It will be my first cruise. These pics were a big help on what to expect. I have a question. since they do not have the coke machines how do the kids get sodas? Do they have regular fountain drinks available? Thanks

Yes, reg fountain drinks available.. We are going the beg. of May..Enjoy!!

• 4 weeks later...

Your photos and your posts have convinced me to give this ship a try! I was looking more towards the Voyager or Freedom class as I love the Royal Promenade, but I don't think I will miss it after looking at your pictures.

Can you tell me about some of the shows on this ship? I was on the Liberty OTS a few weeks ago, and saw Saturday Night Fever as well as an awesome show called Air (a Cirque du Soliel type show).

I'm calling RCCL now to get some info on booking!

I'm enjoying this thread very much as we are booked on this ship next year.

Question: Does this promenade go all the way around the ship?

Unfortunately it doesn't. It goes all around the aft but it stops where the first lifeboats are. I think there are a door saying "crew only".

My kids are dying to know if Vision has the free soft-serve ice cream machines on the pool deck like they have on Freedom. :)

I don't think Royal ships have ice cream. At least there wasn't any on the Freedom OTS and we were told they don't have any. Only frozen yogurt was available and I don't like that. Also, the hours on the Freedom were very limited.

• 3 weeks later...
Continuing on; some of the Ben & Jerrys / Coffee shop on Deck 6. I like "regular" coffee, so the stuff upstairs suits me fine, and I think paying for ice cream on a ship full of deserts is ludicrous, so I blew right threw this area once just to have a look see. The cookies/cakes are free IF you purchase a coffee and looked quite nice. Coffee-drink prices seems pretty reasonable but I do not have a photo of the menu prices unfortunately or remember them either.

This is on Deck 6; starboard side. You can see the photo gallery on the left hand side. There is a "book nook" in the middle.

Note: I uploaded all my pics to photobucket and thought I'd edit as needed once online. BIG mistake. Very slow and error prone. Should have edited first and uploaded. Oh well, working through this bit by bit.

Image69_zpsccff2f8c.jpg

Image71_zpsc27477e9.jpg

Image72_zpsa43d4b0b.jpg

Thanks for showing the coffee shop on VoS.

This photo makes me want to pack today. Vos, we are on our way.

I'll look for more information on afternoon drinks. Anxious to visit Champagne Bar, hope it opens early.

Trudy

• 2 weeks later...
none of the photos show up for me. :/ says 'photobucket, arent we popular!' and says to buy an account.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I guess Photobucket caps Bandwidth. I will have to research purchase options for different accounts.

none of the photos show up for me. :/ says 'photobucket, arent we popular!' and says to buy an account.

Agree.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse all of the inevitable typos!!! :eek: Curse tablet keyboards!

• 4 weeks later...

I have just booked Vision for a cruise next year and was excited about the amount of glass on the ship. However, it seems the deck plans on the Shipmate app are out of date!

All the areas we liked on the outside of the centrum have now been removed and replaced with panoramic ocean view staterooms. And the Showbaot Lounge which looked great for just sitting and looking out has been replaced with Chops Grill. Same with the Observatory which I think has become Izumi. Bah!

Wondering if you can help me out with some questions:-

Looking at the new deck plans on rcci.com, I don't understand the location of Giovanni's Table. The plan shows the restaurant as completely internal to the ship, yet your photos clearly show large windows. Can you elaborate as to the layout?

That then has an impact on the layout of Schooner Bar that looks to have been cut in half sizewise. How was the traffic flow through there?

Finally, the 'R-Bar' seems to be located where the Champagne Bar was previously shown. Is the Champagne Bar still there too?

Thanks for the photos. They are a great help.

I have just booked Vision for a cruise next year and was excited about the amount of glass on the ship. However, it seems the deck plans on the Shipmate app are out of date!

All the areas we liked on the outside of the centrum have now been removed and replaced with panoramic ocean view staterooms. And the Showbaot Lounge which looked great for just sitting and looking out has been replaced with Chops Grill. Same with the Observatory which I think has become Izumi. Bah!

Wondering if you can help me out with some questions:-

Looking at the new deck plans on rcci.com, I don't understand the location of Giovanni's Table. The plan shows the restaurant as completely internal to the ship, yet your photos clearly show large windows. Can you elaborate as to the layout?

That then has an impact on the layout of Schooner Bar that looks to have been cut in half sizewise. How was the traffic flow through there?

Finally, the 'R-Bar' seems to be located where the Champagne Bar was previously shown. Is the Champagne Bar still there too?

Thanks for the photos. They are a great help.

R-Bar replaced the Champagne Bar, but offers full drink menu with Champagne as well.

Chop's entrance is toward centrum, whole restaurant lined with tables for 2 along windows, galley internal and shared with Giovanni's.

Giovanni's entrance past schooner bar large interior room to the right with small dining room with windows all the way in.

Vision has a 2 deck Viking Crown, so Izumi took upper level, concierge lounge to right of elevators upon exit, only interior glass elevators go up and sometimes must switch at deck 9. Behind elevators is nice public area with view of pool area, new outdoor screen and sea view. Bar opens at lunch for Izumi and at 3pm to prep for Concierge lounge service and Diamond overflow event in evening.