Cabin wht you think?

I've booked our family holiday 2adults 2 kids will be aged 3 and 1 I have decided to stick with an inside cabin so it is dark for kids to sleep ( have cruised once before on island escape and stayed on deck 5 inside cabin and we were happy enough as got a lie in cos no light). This time we have been given deck 1 as this is we're the 4 berth inside cabins are my question is does it really matter what deck as to how bumpy etc the boat will feel? Or will it be fine? Also anyone had any experience with the kids club on board?

I've booked our family holiday 2adults 2 kids will be aged 3 and 1 I have decided to stick with an inside cabin so it is dark for kids to sleep ( have cruised once before on island escape and stayed on deck 5 inside cabin and we were happy enough as got a lie in cos no light). This time we have been given deck 1 as this is we're the 4 berth inside cabins are my question is does it really matter what deck as to how bumpy etc the boat will feel? Or will it be fine? Also anyone had any experience with the kids club on board?

Which ship are you on & what time of year? We have been on Spirit & Celebration in an inside cabin. The Celebration have (only 2) larger 4 berths cabins which are lovely & roomy & inside & worth paying extra to upgrade decks & book the cabin but I imagine get booked up very early on :)

Just realised I didn't put ship its the celebration we are on and travelling late September 2014 going to Egypt israel etc got the impression there was not really much choice to upgrade decks cos we need 4 berth also have family travelling and wanted prebooked cabins on same deck

Just realised I didn't put ship its the celebration we are on and travelling late September 2014 going to Egypt israel etc got the impression there was not really much choice to upgrade decks cos we need 4 berth also have family travelling and wanted prebooked cabins on same deck

Ok, don't tell everyone (lol!) but there are 2 cabins on deck 4 that are bigger than the other 4 berths - cabin 374 & 376! We had them last year & have pre-booked them this year. You pay a little more to upgrade to deck 3/4 then pay £42 to book the cabin but it's worth it; they are in a great location & they are longer & wider than the other 4 berths. The bathroom is the same size but there is plenty of storage space. They used to be the beauty section but got changed to 2 cabins apparently. They are very quiet & you also feel very little movement.

You should be fine on deck 1 (although it may be noisy from the engines??) but they really are good cabins in a good location :). I personally would rather go up to at least deck 3 but that's only a personal opinion; think I would feel 'claustrophobic' in the bowels of the ship!

My parents also had 2 berth cabins on this deck and they were a good size - they were in 350.

Sorry, can't help with kids club as our children are in their teens & we have never used it but have seen the kids club people around the ship - you will only be able to use it for the 3 year old.

Edited by Julessmiles

Will definitely check it out the travel agent phoned through to Thomson and they said only deck 1 was available ? Will chase it up thanks for the reply

It may be that there are only deck 1 cabins available at the 'basic' price but for that time of year so far ahead & out of school holiday times, there are sure to be some cabins further up......(there are some on deck 3 as we have stayed in them!)

Edited by Julessmiles

I don't have the same knowledge of the 4 berths as Jules, but as long as you keep away from the aft of the ship you will escape the engine noise.

We have done deck 2 three times now in the vicinity of cabin 634 and have had no problems with the noise or the motion.

We have never felt claustrophobic down there and you will notice that when there is movement it's felt more on the higher decks, don't think i would like to be up on 8 or 9.

Those cabins that Jules mentions on deck 4 look a good position, right behind reception and handy for everywhere onboard. Might be worth spending a little extra on? Especially if they are bigger.

• 6 months later...

We have decided to stick with our cabin number 884 as my mum has also prebooked her cabin on the same level so she is close by to help out with the kids. Hoping our cabin isn't too bad as it seems in the middle hope this makes sense. Does anyone know is it us or European plugs I think our cabin has a bath also which will be brilliant with the kids anyone on here stayed in this cabin?

We have decided to stick with our cabin number 884 as my mum has also prebooked her cabin on the same level so she is close by to help out with the kids. Hoping our cabin isn't too bad as it seems in the middle hope this makes sense. Does anyone know is it us or European plugs I think our cabin has a bath also which will be brilliant with the kids anyone on here stayed in this cabin?

Snowball if you look at the thread further down the page "cabin reviews and submit your own here" someone may have stayed in this cabin or close by.

884 should be nice and quiet,handy location near a quiet lift,probably one of the best cabins on the ship for rough weather,no bath though,the bathrooms arn't big enough

884 should be nice and quiet,handy location near a quiet lift,probably one of the best cabins on the ship for rough weather,no bath though,the bathrooms arn't big enough

Brilliant thanks you've put my mind at ease why did I think there was a bath?:D ahh well as long as there's a shower