Nordic Empress/Empress of the Seas

Does anybody have some good pictures of the dining room and the Centrum from the Nordic Empress or Empress of the seas you would be willing to post or link to? This was my first cruise ship and got me hooked on cruising. I was amazed by the dining room and Centrum and wanted to show my wife why I still compare boats to the Nordic Empress.

JM

Does anybody have some good pictures of the dining room and the Centrum from the Nordic Empress or Empress of the seas you would be willing to post or link to? This was my first cruise ship and got me hooked on cruising. I was amazed by the dining room and Centrum and wanted to show my wife why I still compare boats to the Nordic Empress.

JM

A Google search found these that include some of what you are looking for:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nordic+Empress&rlz=1CAHPZZ_enUS530US531&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eb-LUZKzKOTq0wHBj4DADA&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=677

Thank's OnePutt! Yea, the views were amazing from it. That is part of what I remember being so amazing. The other was the stairs & upper balcony.

I tried Yahoo & Google images searches and found no pictures that included the stairs unfortunately.

JM

Thank's OnePutt! Yea, the views were amazing from it. That is part of what I remember being so amazing. The other was the stairs & upper balcony.

JM

Searching on Empress of the Seas Dining found this on Google:

rccl-empress-dining.jpg

We sat at that table or the one just beyond it :)

rccl-empress-balcony.jpg

I believe that this was the first two tier MDR in the cruise industry.

Sorry, can't find the stairs yet!

Edited by Scotty G

Wow. This thread brought back great memories. First on her in April 94. Loved it so much we were back on her two months later. This ship started our love for cruising. Anyone know where the ship is and who owns it.

Wow. This thread brought back great memories. First on her in April 94. Loved it so much we were back on her two months later. This ship started our love for cruising. Anyone know where the ship is and who owns it.

She still sails for RCCL, just under their Pullmantur subidiary as the MS Empress:

http://www.pullmantur.es/barco/empress/camarotes.html

Nordic Empress Was My Very First Cruise, And The One That Got Me Addicted To Cruising!!!:eek:

It's Amazing How Far The Cruise Industry Has Changed ( For The Better I Might Add) Since I Started Cruising In Oct 2001!!!:)

Wow. This thread brought back great memories. First on her in April 94.

For me too, first cruise ever on this ship in September of 1993 for our honeymoon....now I want to look for my pictures. I remember just being in awe of the ship and the service. Guess this girl hooked alot of people on cruising!

JM

She was my first cruise ship also, She was the Nordic Empress, august 2001, Bermuda. Gave me the bug also. Thanks for the memory.....................Brian

Edited by bigbny1

Our first family cruise was on the Nordic Empress...Spring break 1999. There were five course meals back then, not like now. There were actual wine sommeliers in the MDR, unlike today where the waiters do double duty getting wine/drinks. We sat on an upper table overlooking the main area below, right along the railing. Beautiful dining room...we were really impressed and hooked on cruising!!

When figuring out my points for status years ago, they didn't include my cruises on the Nordic Empress. I called RCCL and they said there was never a Nordic Empress ship. I told them I was on it a couple times. I ended up having to send a copy of a picture of it for proof. Guess the person was new and only knew of the Empress of the Seas. Should have called and ask for someone else, but was new to the system and didn't know better.

It sure was a beautiful ship. So much better than my first cruise which was on the Carnival Mardi Gras.........:eek:

Gwen :)