NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Carol, I wonder how it would taste if I gradually substituted ground beef with ground turkey? Would that be a bad combo?

Sounds good to me - Patty and Dee from the East Coast don't really use turkey, don't know why = they use the super lean ground beef - I am open to either one but I am so used to ground turkey now - carol

Sounds good to me - Patty and Dee from the East Coast don't really use turkey, don't know why = they use the super lean ground beef - I am open to either one but I am so used to ground turkey now - carol

Carol, okay what about texture? I would think there would be a difference there...

Carol, okay what about texture? I would think there would be a difference there...

don't notice - flavor supercedes --however, I once made spagh sauce with the ground turkey and my friend who is used to ground beef didn't like it as much not cuz of the flavor but she said, she likes her meat dark brown - and yes, the meat is light but I usually add soy sauce and it isn't super light - Pat ate it tho' and she said it was good but likes her Beef better cuz that's what she is used to. I keep thinking of the fat or lack of fat in the turkey and that it is healthier -

for the meatloaf, just mix some ground beef and ground pork too - I don't but my other friend does and she loves it that way - ground turkey, ground pork, and ground beef - and some add ground venison but I cannot - don't like game meat at all.

carol

don't notice - flavor supercedes --however, I once made spagh sauce with the ground turkey and my friend who is used to ground beef didn't like it as much not cuz of the flavor but she said, she likes her meat dark brown - and yes, the meat is light but I usually add soy sauce and it isn't super light - Pat ate it tho' and she said it was good but likes her Beef better cuz that's what she is used to. I keep thinking of the fat or lack of fat in the turkey and that it is healthier -

for the meatloaf, just mix some ground beef and ground pork too - I don't but my other friend does and she loves it that way - ground turkey, ground pork, and ground beef - and some add ground venison but I cannot - don't like game meat at all.

carol

The Mexican seasoned turkey makes great tacos! Try the Italian seasoned one in you pasta sauce, mmmmmmm.

Sounds Good Carl, have seen them but never tried them.

That's my next dish - tacos - I bought corn tortillas the other day in Costco and for $3 (cuz that's how they come), I have enough for a shipload of pax... ha!ha! so tacos it is early next week!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Carol

The Mexican seasoned turkey makes great tacos! Try the Italian seasoned one in you pasta sauce, mmmmmmm.

Carl okay I might try the "Mexican Seasoned Turkey" someday...we just got home from the MOVEABLE FEAST!

Sams Chowdermobile was there and I had their lobster roll and DH had fish and chips; YUMMO! The line was so long and we waited over 30 minutes. There were a number of other trucks there too but not as popular. Next time I think I will try the Shrimp Truck!

carol

Carol, I know it is healthier for you so I guess I will succumb someday! I know that you and Narce love to eat so if it is good enough for you guys it should be for us too. I also do not like "game" meat I almost threw up when I tried ostrich meat...

Carl okay I might try the "Mexican Seasoned Turkey" someday...we just got home from the MOVEABLE FEAST!

Sams Chowdermobile was there and I had their lobster roll and DH had fish and chips; YUMMO! The line was so long and we waited over 30 minutes. There were a number of other trucks there too but not as popular. Next time I think I will try the Shrimp Truck!

I really like those lobster rolls.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sounds Good Carl, have seen them but never tried them.

That's my next dish - tacos - I bought corn tortillas the other day in Costco and for $3 (cuz that's how they come), I have enough for a shipload of pax... ha!ha! so tacos it is early next week!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Carol

Enough tortillas to feed the Allure

I really like those lobster rolls.

How's their chowdah? The fries were yummy! I was thinking about all of the cash they hauled in over the 4 hours and that's impressive...I wonder how many trucks they have?

How's their chowdah? The fries were yummy! I was thinking about all of the cash they hauled in over the 4 hours and that's impressive...I wonder how many trucks they have?

Their red chowder is off the chart (as Guy Fierri says). Karen got me to try it once, now I'm hooked

Their red chowder is off the chart (as Guy Fierri says). Karen got me to try it once, now I'm hooked

Carl, I love the white original New England but I know that the "Red" is a healthier choice; next time!

Edited by barnismom

Carl, we went wine tasting last Sunday after breakfast at Black Bear...my husband rejoined the Wente Club and SIL joined the Ruby Hill Winery club. Carl, check them out and perhaps you will consider one of them. From first hand experience we know about Wente's events but not yet experience Ruby Hill's. A couple at Wente recommended them and we checked them out!

So what did you think about Black Bear, Janice? I think it's ordinary - good pancakes, good burgers - regular diner - not bad -

We went to Sandy's 101 omelets in Fairfield last Fri - and yes, she had 101 different omelets on her menu - I had a regular portuguese sausage, scrambled eggs and hash browns meals and Narce had chicken fried steak - he was the one who wanted to try one of her omelets and he didn't! We wanted to go to Omadaka's in Fairfield - a very old establishment from the 70's and to our disappointment, it was taken over by someone else and a new name so we went to the omelet place - I thought Omadaka's was very good and served the best Japanese food since all our japanese friends used to go there and they always thought it was great -

carol

So what did you think about Black Bear, Janice? I think it's ordinary - good pancakes, good burgers - regular diner - not bad -

We went to Sandy's 101 omelets in Fairfield last Fri - and yes, she had 101 different omelets on her menu - I had a regular portuguese sausage, scrambled eggs and hash browns meals and Narce had chicken fried steak - he was the one who wanted to try one of her omelets and he didn't! We wanted to go to Omadaka's in Fairfield - a very old establishment from the 70's and to our disappointment, it was taken over by someone else and a new name so we went to the omelet place - I thought Omadaka's was very good and served the best Japanese food since all our japanese friends used to go there and they always thought it was great -

carol

Carol, the portion sizes were huge! I was somewhat disappointed with my corned beef hash but would like to go back again and try something else. Fae, tried their special lobster benedict and that looked really good! So I will go back...

Wow a 101 different omlettes, it would take me forever to decide and then if the waiter took forever to come back I know I would have changed my mind at least 3 times or more.

I've never heard of Omadaka's; did I tell you that my dad grew up in Suisun? I would like to check out their revamped waterfront that is always advertised.

So anything new on the home front?

Wow - Suisun is not far from Rio Vista - have not been to Suisun in ages, just in passing, don't know much about it - my cousin once called me and told me she was in Sue-E-Sun... I said, where? yep, she was talking about Sue-Soon... gotta' admit, the spelling make it confusing for the pronunciation...

Carol

Wow - Suisun is not far from Rio Vista - have not been to Suisun in ages, just in passing, don't know much about it - my cousin once called me and told me she was in Sue-E-Sun... I said, where? yep, she was talking about Sue-Soon... gotta' admit, the spelling make it confusing for the pronunciation...

Carol

Carol, that is funny with the pronunciation! We used to visit there and nearby Vacaville & Fairfield too. All I remember are the orchards and yummy pears...oh and outhouses!

HouseHunting again - Manteca this time - near the Texas Roadhouse area, Janice -- well, up a ways but in that area - it's a gated community - close to Stockton/Lodi where most of my friends live and not too far from Antioch - we were ok with the houses - Narce and I will be talking about it - brand new construction - cuz most of the homes we have seen were all ok, but I would have gutted out the kitchen on 95% of the kitchens, put in new tiles, redo the bathrooms, so the price of the new home would be the same as the pre-owned homes after I redo them - oh.... nothing concrete for us yet -- not even on first base yet!! ha!ha! the reason these houses appealed to us is... the master bedroom is downstairs on the two story ones - one had a loft for Narce's Man Cave - we have a big library now and we like having that extra big room so we got used to it - will keep you updated on our decision... it was kinda' breezy there today, surprise cuz it's in Manteca-- hot hot area - Patrick should know the area since he said he used to live in Tracy -

will go to church this afternoon - rest and gear up for a BBQ at our friends' tomorrow in Martinez by the waterfront so it should be a little bit cooler compared to inland us.

Carol

HouseHunting again - Manteca this time - near the Texas Roadhouse area, Janice -- well, up a ways but in that area - it's a gated community - close to Stockton/Lodi where most of my friends live and not too far from Antioch - we were ok with the houses - Narce and I will be talking about it - brand new construction - cuz most of the homes we have seen were all ok, but I would have gutted out the kitchen on 95% of the kitchens, put in new tiles, redo the bathrooms, so the price of the new home would be the same as the pre-owned homes after I redo them - oh.... nothing concrete for us yet -- not even on first base yet!! ha!ha! the reason these houses appealed to us is... the master bedroom is downstairs on the two story ones - one had a loft for Narce's Man Cave - we have a big library now and we like having that extra big room so we got used to it - will keep you updated on our decision... it was kinda' breezy there today, surprise cuz it's in Manteca-- hot hot area - Patrick should know the area since he said he used to live in Tracy -

will go to church this afternoon - rest and gear up for a BBQ at our friends' tomorrow in Martinez by the waterfront so it should be a little bit cooler compared to inland us.

Carol

Hello Carol!

There are pluses with a new home especially if they are not quite finished and you can select a few of the final details; will keep our fingers crossed for you and Narce. Patrick reminded me that there is a water slide park in Manteca which I have been too with my Canadian friends; thought I was going to drown.

Have fun at the BBQ!

Hello Carol!

There are pluses with a new home especially if they are not quite finished and you can select a few of the final details; will keep our fingers crossed for you and Narce. Patrick reminded me that there is a water slide park in Manteca which I have been too with my Canadian friends; thought I was going to drown.

Have fun at the BBQ!

Don't know much about Manteca - i loved Valley Springs - some of the people are soooo nice and then there were the ones who were wierd looking and kinda' not so nice looking - I mean, they look rough - oh well, I know we are a mixture of everything everywhere -

I would have drowned too - I can't swim - altho' Narce says it's natural to float - yeah sure. carol

Don't know much about Manteca - i loved Valley Springs - some of the people are soooo nice and then there were the ones who were wierd looking and kinda' not so nice looking - I mean, they look rough - oh well, I know we are a mixture of everything everywhere -

I would have drowned too - I can't swim - altho' Narce says it's natural to float - yeah sure. carol

Carol, you have to tell Narce that I am an exception...I sink!

Carol, you have to tell Narce that I am an exception...I sink!

My favorite cousin from SF also cannot swim also - she tried - I only go into a pool that is not deep and that's in the PHilippines with family at resorts = my SIL's and I chat and stay put -- ha!ha!

So that's 3 of us I know of who cannot swim - oh, and my other Japanese friend whom I used to work with - she tried too she said... ha!ha!

I think we just need those floater mats, lie on them, drink our foofoo drinks and sail away !! carol

My favorite cousin from SF also cannot swim also - she tried - I only go into a pool that is not deep and that's in the PHilippines with family at resorts = my SIL's and I chat and stay put -- ha!ha!

So that's 3 of us I know of who cannot swim - oh, and my other Japanese friend whom I used to work with - she tried too she said... ha!ha!

I think we just need those floater mats, lie on them, drink our foofoo drinks and sail away !! carol

How about some of those "floaty" things you put on little kids arms? ;)