New England/Canada cruise question! HELP!

Need a little help please.

We want to do a 7 night New England/Cananda cruise (DH and me). It'll be 6/2018. RCCL Adventure of theSeas (less expensive, departs out of NJ, pretty dated shipped even after refurbishment) OR NCL Gem (more expensive, departs out of NYC, seems a bit nicer). Port heavy cruise---4 ports, 2 seas days. 11th cruise--sailed on RCCL, NCL (just off Escape), HAL, Carnival, Celebrity.

3,2,1........GO!!!!!! (Thanks, in advance, for your honest opinions)

We want to do a 7 night New England/Cananda cruise (DH and me). It'll be 6/2018. RCCL Adventure of theSeas (less expensive, departs out of NJ, pretty dated shipped even after refurbishment) OR NCL Gem (more expensive, departs out of NYC, seems a bit nicer). Port heavy cruise---4 ports, 2 seas days. 11th cruise--sailed on RCCL, NCL (just off Escape), HAL, Carnival, Celebrity.

I have never sailed NCL so bear that in mind. Adventurer may not be all sparkly but it is a great ship with a fantastic crew. I am sailing her next month out of San Juan and can't wait. I sailed her a few years back and she is a wonderful ship.

I'm an RCL cruiser, but I've actually been on both ships. I took a cruise to nowhere on the Gem so I could have the experience of sailing down the Hudson. I was on Adventure for a week last year from San Juan. Honestly I found the Gem to be much smaller and darker than Adventure and the layout was quirky. I was "upgraded" to an oceanview on Gem and found it to be much smaller than the inside cabin I usually book on the Voyager class ships like Adventure. Adventure has the Royal Promenade, the Viking Crown, a main pool, a Solarium pool, ice skating, sports court, mini golf, rock wall, a giant hot tub in the fitness center, outdoor hot tubs, a sauna, and a steam room among other features. I think a flowrider has also been added since last year.

To be fair I didn't spend enough time on Gem to get a true feel for how she operates on a day to day basis, but I didn't see anything that would beckon me to book a longer cruise. If I were in the market for a New England cruise from New York, I wouldn't hesitate to book Adventure, particularly if she were a more budget friendly option.

I cannot give you info based on my being on both of the ships in the past, I have not. That said, I am very interested in this itinerary as well. So much so that I have booked the Adventure for August 2018. We are going on the Navigator in March 2018 (same class as the Adventure), so I should have a better idea of the ship's features then. We have traveled on the Freedom class several times and love those ships and the Voyager class is not too much different from my understanding. We have had friends on the Adventure pre-dry-dock and they are on the Navigator right now, so I will be talking to them when they return. We have not sailed NCL for about 10 years now but will be on the Dawn in December. I think by the time I have my December and March trips done, I will be able to offer a better informed opinion. Now that my rambling is out of the way, all I can say is that I am happy with the price, ports, amenities on the Adventure enough to have already booked the same trip you are looking at. I think you will be happy with that choice if you do it.

By the way, 4 ports in 7 days is not port intensive. We have 8 ports plus San Juan for our 10 day cruise over New Year. That is port intensive. Only one sea day on a 10 day cruise.

I'm an RCL cruiser, but I've actually been on both ships. I think a flowrider has also been added since last year.

You are correct about the flowrider. I am hoping for an older crowd and to have the flowrider all to myself on my New England/Canada cruise in August 2018;p

You are correct about the flowrider. I am hoping for an older crowd and to have the flowrider all to myself on my New England/Canada cruise in August 2018;p

Don't hold your breath for an older crowd in August when school is still out.

I have not been on the two ships mentioned. I have done an NCL Canada/New England 14 day on the Dawn. It was the worst cruise I have ever been on. I reviewed on CC. I have taken 5 NCL cruises and about 15 RCCL cruises, four Princess cruises, a Carnival and HAL.

Why not HAL since you have cruised with them before. They have great Canada cruises. If I had to make a choice I would always go with RCCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sailed the Adventure some 5 times all out of San Jan. Love the ship. I cannot compare it to the NCL ship or itinerary.

However, I love the Oasis & Quantum class even more. Sailed the Anthem this past August and did the 9 nite NE/Canada itinerary and loved it. Got my fill of lobster both on land & on the ship. It was the first time that we have sailed North as most of our cruises have been geared toward the South. I am so disappointed that they have eliminated DD on the Anthem class.

We did Canada/NE on Explorer Early October and it was an older crowd and we had a blast. I loved talking to the older passengers because they have such a wealth of knowledge. I looked at it as a learning experience. Also it was the most polite cruise we have ever been on. No pushing, no shoving, quiter cruise. We loved it.

We are doing the same 9 day cruise this year but on Anthem. I'll be curious if it's the same crowd, the same older vibe because to be honest it was more relaxing. Oh this cruise is late September/early October so basically the same time as the other one. Can't wait. We will have our 4 year old son this time.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app