NCL needs new itineraries for Caribbean

Minoushka

please change ports around ...Nassau etc getting really old

Bring back Southern Caribbean with ABC islands

I eant to keep going on NCL but some itineraries are boring and expensive

Time to rethink ...replan ..make them more interesting

Knowing the distances involved where do you propose that they sail from and how long do you want the cruises to be?

There are plenty of options for other than NCL that visit different places in the Caribbean, but they are on much smaller ships than anything in the NCL fleet. As an example we have a cruise in December that roundtrips from Bridgetown Barbados. Numerous times we have round tripped from St. Thomas, and San Juan. The key is booking the luxury lines.

Nassau is terrible. Went once in March, and that was one time too many. Trying an eastern Caribbean itiniery in November. Has to be better than Nassau, I hope. I agree, NCL should drop it. If we ever cruise and it stops at Nassau, we will just stay on the ship.

Knowing the distances involved where do you propose that they sail from and how long do you want the cruises to be?

There are plenty of options for other than NCL that visit different places in the Caribbean, but they are on much smaller ships than anything in the NCL fleet. As an example we have a cruise in December that roundtrips from Bridgetown Barbados. Numerous times we have round tripped from St. Thomas, and San Juan. The key is booking the luxury lines.

Your comment about small ships going to the ABCs and southern itineraries isn't correct, we were on RCCL's Anthem of the Seas in January out of NJ and went to Antigua, Martinique and Barbados amongst other ports. It is very difficult to find a NCL cruise to any of these ports.

I do agree NCL needs some new ports to keep us platinum cruisers interested :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to look closer.There are a lot of new itineraries. We are on the Jade this October to the ABC Islands. Look for repositioning cruises.

Your comment about small ships going to the ABCs and southern itineraries isn't correct' date=' we were on RCCL's Anthem of the Seas in January out of NJ and went to Antigua, Martinique and Barbados amongst other ports. It is very difficult to find a NCL cruise to any of these ports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

It's really isn't difficult to find a NCL cruise to those ports. We just did the Breakaway to the Southern Caribbean this past January and visited Martinique and Barbados along with Dominica, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas, San Juan & Tortola. We visited Antigua on the NCL Gem a few years ago.

It's really isn't difficult to find a NCL cruise to those ports. We just did the Breakaway to the Southern Caribbean this past January and visited Martinique and Barbados along with Dominica, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas, San Juan & Tortola. We visited Antigua on the NCL Gem a few years ago.

I believe they only do this itinerary two or three times a year though with breakaway. I know we've looked into it and it never coincided with our school vacation times. We did see Anthem and Breakaway together in many ports :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In another thread you complained that one week is too short for you!

Now, be advised that there are cruises lasting 10 plus days to the Southern Caribbean from several ports of calls - you need to look in NCL.com for them. There are several!

Your comment about small ships going to the ABCs and southern itineraries isn't correct' date=' we were on RCCL's Anthem of the Seas in January out of NJ and went to Antigua, Martinique and Barbados amongst other ports. It is very difficult to find a NCL cruise to any of these ports.

I agree.....as we were on the Breakaway a year or so ago and did Eastern and Southern Caribbean.......Barbados, Martinique, St. Kitts, St. Maartan.....I miss the Southern ports and DO enjoy a larger ship....

And although we are booked on B2B Western and Eastern in a couple of months, we will def stay on board in many of these ports....including Nassau! I consider Nassau my packing day as it usually falls on the LAST day of the trip.

The problem is we have been to caribbean many many many times from SJU, New York Fll and Miami , port Canaveral .....i have cruise quite a lot ..number 53 coming up with all companies including .Costa, Princess, Royal, Celebrity , Carnival , MSc , NCL , Fathom , Holland America ....

I did do Breakaway last jan to southern caribbean ..that is true it is only offered a few times .....in winter season ..it was fine except for rough seas in and out of New York .

I like Eastern Caribbean but really ..its time for more options ...western not so much ..did not care for Jamaica or Belize or Roatan ....never felt safe there

Southern islands are my favorite ....but airfare to start there is prohibitive

I love long cruises ....btb .too

I will keep searching ....

You need to look closer.There are a lot of new itineraries. We are on the Jade this October to the ABC Islands. Look for repositioning cruises.

And next October the Gem is going 14 days from NYC to New Orleans by way of San Juan, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and ABC islands

There are a couple of really nice 10-day Southern itineraries on Jade, round trip from Miami. In fact we have one booked for Dec 2018 and I can't wait! I really wanted to book one of the bigger ships for this cruise so that we would have more to do, but told myself that since we have 6 port stops in a row- this cruise would be about the destination and not so much about the ship :)

I feel like they offer more than a lot of the other lines... that's why I have two 10 days booked and I've never cruised NCL before. I chose them specifically for the Southern itineraries out of FL instead of San Juan (which I've done before on other lines).

Your comment about small ships going to the ABCs and southern itineraries isn't correct, we were on RCCL's Anthem of the Seas in January out of NJ and went to Antigua, Martinique and Barbados amongst other ports. It is very difficult to find a NCL cruise to any of these ports.

Not ABC islands.

I really wish they had not dropped Samana DR 9 day on the Gem. What a wonderful time we had. For us, it was fantastic tossing candy to the kids from horseback. Very poor but Beautiful, Beautiful place I would go to again in a heartbeat if NCL went back.:loudcry:

I am on the Dawn in January and we are going to Antigua, Martinique and Barbados.