Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

My scale isn't moving :(

It must be the water needed to build muscle! Congrats on the workouts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday morning WI (in place of Easter Sunday), down .8 pounds. Just .4# (read: point four pounds :p) from goal!

Heck, I coulda removed my underwear and dropped .4 pounds!:rolleyes:

53# gone! And literally three quarters the person I was on August 1st! (25.3% gone, to be precise!)

It's all good! Maybe next week!!!

A~

Yea for you, I can not wait to say that! :D

Good Morning All!

Off to a good start this week, worked out everyday Turbo Kick on Monday, Zumba on Tuesday planning a 5 mile walk today. My weightloss goal for the week is 2 pounds.

WTG with the miles! I really hope you make your goal!!:)

Wednesday morning WI (in place of Easter Sunday), down .8 pounds. Just .4# (read: point four pounds :p) from goal!

53# gone! And literally three quarters the person I was on August 1st! (25.3% gone, to be precise!)

A~

Fantastic!!!! How great you must feel. And look! You are a real inspiration to all of us. I hope to be able to make this post by mid-summer.

Ciao,

Nikki

I havn't taking up any movement AKA EXERCISE. I have artritis in my feet and hurt. I am hoping the weight loss will help. if I over dose on advil I feel better. I also work full time and take care of my 2 grandson ages 3 months and 3 yrs, every night M-F. So needless to say I have no time to myself. I also bake cake and cookies. I get orders from people from work and church. I have not eaten any in 6 weeks though.

So, do any of you have any suggestions for good tailgating foods? I'm going to Jimmy Buffett concert next week and have been trying to come up with something healthy to take. I am also trying to prevent having to keep the food cold. It's proving to be harder than I would have thought.

A~

Congratulations!! I am looking forward to saying the same thing. Inspiration you have given me and others.

I havn't taking up any movement AKA EXERCISE. I have artritis in my feet and hurt. I am hoping the weight loss will help. if I over dose on advil I feel better. I also work full time and take care of my 2 grandson ages 3 months and 3 yrs, every night M-F. So needless to say I have no time to myself. I also bake cake and cookies. I get orders from people from work and church. I have not eaten any in 6 weeks though.

I can see GOD must be keeping you going because you sure have your hands full. Great job on not eating any sweets while making them. That is something that would be hard for me. I know,I use to work for a bakery for 18 years. Me working for a bakery is like an alcoholic working at a bar. Just not a good idea. LOL! We didn't eat them while making them but we got to eat the so called defected ones on break.

Well as for me my WI is tomorrow and I am so hoping to see what I saw today. So wish me luck. I just got done with a workout and soon off to shower.

TTYL

Today's weigh in was another draw. I am not worried, because with the way I ate on Sunday, I expected to be up. I love my new phone tracker, and it really helps keep me on track, especially when I am at the store calculating servings and putting items back on the shelves.

Enjoying all of your posts! My WI today netted a 2 pound loss; 19 pounds in 12 weeks and met my 10%. :D I'm just amazed at how ww plan is so flexible and it works. I have 17 pounds to reach goal; cruising in 5 weeks so hope to keep at 1.5 avg a week. (more would be fine!)

We've been cooking a lot outside on the grill; lots of bbq chicken, salmon, asparagus, sweet potatos, corn on cob....sure makes everything taste better, throw a salad and you've got a great low point meal.

I must admit I'm beginning to FEAR the food and drink on the cruise. :eek: Now that's a totally different approach. :rolleyes: I guess after weeks of counting points a lot of it will be ingrained and how can we indulge in dod's or WCMC? OMG I''m already intending moderation.

Am making myself not clothes shop until the end of April which will be 3 weeks before cruise time but I did already break down and buy a few smaller capris.

Happy point counting everyone. Seems like everyone is doing great!

Sarapdot the only thing I can think of for tailgating is to bbq some chicken; we've been doing boneless thighs and they are really good as it seems you get a lot more. Go figure. Have ya'll tried the garden veggie potato chips? YOU get 38 for 3 points. Favorite snack is some carrots and/or snap peas or any raw veggie with 2 TBS hummus yum. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries...yum. SUgar free pudding. WW snack cakes. My survival kit. I swear the more fiber you eat, the more you lose...I do better weeks when I have lots of fiber....you also get to become bf with the bathroom!

Ya'll have a great week.

Pam

Day Four of start number one million :rolleyes:. All good so far! Dipped into the candy a bit last light night but counted the points. Feels good to be clean:).

Aint it the truth? Something magical about eating it and writing it down (or point tracking however you do it). I've caught myself once or twice thinking well this says 5 points but I think it's more like 4. LIKE I'm being graded on the points....more powerful to be honest with self. I like that. :rolleyes: It's a process!

congrats on not eating the cookies. OH MY...you are strong! :)

I also have arthritis in my feet but I will tell you that since dropping the weight they are 100% better. Try stationary bicycling if you can find one or a gym; that's pretty effective and easy on the feet!

Aint it the truth? Something magical about eating it and writing it down (or point tracking however you do it). I've caught myself once or twice thinking well this says 5 points but I think it's more like 4. LIKE I'm being graded on the points....more powerful to be honest with self. I like that. :rolleyes: It's a process!

I use a point tracker app on my phone. My phone goes with me everywhere, and it really helps me. I have picked up whatever junk food I'm craving, worked out the points, and then put it back down! Even if I am really craving it.

Sarapdot the only thing I can think of for tailgating is to bbq some chicken; we've been doing boneless thighs and they are really good as it seems you get a lot more. Go figure. Have ya'll tried the garden veggie potato chips? YOU get 38 for 3 points. Favorite snack is some carrots and/or snap peas or any raw veggie with 2 TBS hummus yum. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries...yum. SUgar free pudding. WW snack cakes. My survival kit. I swear the more fiber you eat, the more you lose...I do better weeks when I have lots of fiber....you also get to become bf with the bathroom!

Ya'll have a great week.

Pam

Thanks Pam! I may have to try the hummus and veggies. I had planned on taking some fruit. And I figured I'd splurge on something sweet but maybe I'll do the WW snacks instead, if I can find them in our store.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I have frozen mango, frozen blueberries, and mixed in some fresh raspberries and blackberries. Not exactly cheap, but I put it all in a plastic container and have been mixing bowls of it with some FF SF cool whip- zero to 1 point. :)

Well I WI this morning and I lost 2 lbs from last week!! So happy about it but would have been really extatic if it was 3 because then I would have been in Onederland. But hey I guess I can't have it that easy. Hopefully I will see that next week. I am really trying to take this one day at a time. But 26 lbs has gone. It has taken almost 2 yrs for me to lose this much. Very slow I know but hey I am still smaller than I was so I really can't complain.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Pam-Congrats on your 2 lbs and losing at a good rate.

Edited by NLuvWthCruisn
spelling

Back home after our long drive and down 2.3 points since last week. Not an official WI but it was on a WW scale. It looks as though there will be a meeting here on Wednesdays so hopefully I will continue to stay on track.

Everyone here is doing such a great job and keeping me motivated to lose more.

Ciao,

Nikki

Last post was incorrect and a little ambitious. Loss was 1.6 pounds. However, it was a loss and done without any exercise. Today I went back on the treadmill and walked 1 mile. Just starting back I kept the level at 2 and the speed at 3 mph. I will gradually increase both speed and level so that I can burn more calories and get a cardio boost. I am planning on joining a meeting locally on Wednesday.

Ciao,

Nikki

So glad I found this board! I love hearing the great weight loss stories as well as other people's challenges to know that I'm not alone. I've been on and off WW for awhile. Last year I lost 30 lbs but got offtrack and gained back about 10. I've now gotten back into the mindset and want to lose at least those 10 before I cruise in June.

I was doing pretty well on WW but then I started slipping and dipping far into my weekly points and not tracking all my food in my journal. My weightloss has stalled for the past 3 weeks :( Trying to get back on track

Hey everyone! Well this past weekend I went off track and refuse to peek at the scale. Today I'm doing well though. Yesterday was okay but I was having serious back pains and headaches.So didn't get my AP in yesterday but plan on doing some soon today. Oh and yesterday was DH and I's 8th wedding anniversary. Didn't do anything though.

Congrats to all that have lost since I last posted.

TTYL

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, but not to CC. Have joined WW in the past with some success. Currently, I am trying to track calories on Sparkpeople, and I'm debating re-joining WW. I have a few questions for you all and also wanted to congratulate you on all your success!!

Do any of you track points online or on your phones? I like spark people, but I do have issues in that I think it would be easier to track things if I ate a lot of pre-packaged foods, but I don't (usually cook from scratch-ish). I end up having to create a recipe and estimate the servings. Is it similarly difficult to add recipes on WW? Can you do it from a phone app (I have an Android), or do you have to log on to a computer?

Also, I do most of my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, not a traditional grocery store. Do any of you know if WW has a lot of Trader Joe's foods programmed? Or would I have to add these in myself?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, but not to CC. Have joined WW in the past with some success. Currently, I am trying to track calories on Sparkpeople, and I'm debating re-joining WW. I have a few questions for you all and also wanted to congratulate you on all your success!!

Do any of you track points online or on your phones? I like spark people, but I do have issues in that I think it would be easier to track things if I ate a lot of pre-packaged foods, but I don't (usually cook from scratch-ish). I end up having to create a recipe and estimate the servings. Is it similarly difficult to add recipes on WW? Can you do it from a phone app (I have an Android), or do you have to log on to a computer?

Also, I do most of my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, not a traditional grocery store. Do any of you know if WW has a lot of Trader Joe's foods programmed? Or would I have to add these in myself?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I just entered in "trader Joe's" and got three Stonyfield Farms yogurt items... I think with a recipe you could enter in the top two or three items, throw in a point or two for miscellaneous, and then enter in the rice or pasta or whatever you are having with it. If it is something with a bunch of veggies, those are all free anyway.

I find the phone/iPad app to be worth the $19.95 or whatever it is a month I am paying for it. When it comes right down to it, it's still me vs. the refrigerator, but this keeps me on target for 99% of the day, anyway:o.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a great week! Congrats to all the ones who lost!

WI today but missed the meeting

lost 1.8 lbs

I met my activity goal this week of 35 miles pls 2 exrta ones.

The 35 miles were much harder this week, as I am walking at 4mlh for 8 minuts and then run for 2 minuts. This week I will walk at 4.3 and boost to on 6mph for 2.5 minutes every 7 minuts. BIG goal, but I will try it!

SW 152.7

CW 144.4

GW 129.0

Weightloss goal for this week is 2-3lbs

walk/jog 5 miles a day Thusday, Sunday, Tuesday

walk/jog 10 miles Wednesday

Walk/jog 15 miles Saturday

train 3x circuit Thusday, Sunday, Tuesday

110 miles walked

40 miles goal this week

140 miles to go

Edited by Nalagh