Seabourn Gay Friendly?

Kruzngrl

HI TV24,

I saw your review on the SB board and enjoyed reading it. I agree that SB is completely gay friendly but that one will always, no matter where, come across a boor or two both gay and straight. They are easy to ignore.

I'm glad you enjoyed your long cruise as a whole. I know you had a couple of food issues though I must say I am always more than happy with the food.

It's still the best at sea imo.

Thanks for posting the review.

• 2 months later...

Hello Tv 24, just happened to read your post of your extended Seabourn cruise. Thanks for your favorable opinion. We just booked 2 more cruises with Seabourn - one out of Dubai next spring (4/2015) and one out of Athens this coming fall (10/2014), on the Legend. Have you been on one of the smaller Seabourn ships and if so, can you give your opinion? We were attracted to the Legend because of the smaller size and perhaps the 'glamour cruising' of days gone past, LOL. :)

Hello Tv 24, just happened to read your post of your extended Seabourn cruise. Thanks for your favorable opinion. We just booked 2 more cruises with Seabourn - one out of Dubai next spring (4/2015) and one out of Athens this coming fall (10/2014), on the Legend. Have you been on one of the smaller Seabourn ships and if so, can you give your opinion? We were attracted to the Legend because of the smaller size and perhaps the 'glamour cruising' of days gone past, LOL. :)

Hi Kruzngrl: No, we've never been on the small sisters. And from the schedule for the sale of the Legend, it appears that you will be on one of the last sailings under the Seabourn logo. I've read many raves on CC about the small ships, so I hope your experience will also be positive. Prepare yourself for the intimate experience of rapidly getting to know everyone on board. Not for introverts! And yes, looking back on it, our Seabourn experience was on the whole a good one. I would sail with them again, depending on the itinerary and fare, but isn't that what we always say? We are just back from 2 crossings on the Queen Mary II, very different from the Sojourn, but very enjoyable, once I relaxed into it all, and avoided the things and areas that Cunard does not handle well. Shocking, but with the exception of the dreadful Kings Court buffet, the food on the QMII surpassed the Sojourn's in quality and variety over and over. Maybe we had a clunker of a chef on the Sojourn? Some pax adored him. Oh well. Next cruise will be part of Crystal's World Cruise in March, 2015, between Perth and Cape Town. This is our crazy way of getting to Africa for our once-in-a-lifetime tour of Madagascar/South Africa/Bothswana. Happy cruising!

Kruzngirl,

I started sailing Seabourn in 2003 when only the smaller ships existed. They are what made Seabourn Seabourn and I will miss them dearly. You will truly feel like you are on a yacht rather than a ship and with only 200 passengers you will get a completely different experience from most other ships. Yes, the technology is not up to the new ones but the intimacy and service more than make up for it.

TV24 thanks for your opinion. Sounds like you've had some great trips this year. We also sailed Cunard earlier this year and thought the same about the buffet, however when we got back up to the 'grill' all was good! Your upcoming Crystal cruise sounds lovely. We just returned from sailing on the Serenity and thought the service, food, etc. was outstanding.

Wripro, appreciate your information about the Legend. This will be the smallest ship we've ever sailed. Can't wait!

Thanks tv24! I hope we meet up with you guys as well. Happy Cruising!

UOTE=tv24;43426941]Kruzngirl: Your enthusiasm is infectious! Keep up the positive thoughts and have a terrific time. I hope our paths cross some time in the future.