Comedians on Carnival

sakapfet

I was on the Dream in 2011 and one of the comedian who performed was Percy Crews 2 and I saw both his family and adult shows. Now, lets go forward to 2013 and I just got off the Breeze and Percy was one of the comedians, and guess what both his family and adult shows were almos excatly the same!

Has anyone else experienced that?

yep on Breeze Dean whatever his last name was did the exact same show he did the previous year on Inspiration. To be fair he evidently had a new show at a later seating but we couldn't make it out to see him. This was also the only nights they were made available...

I was on the Dream in 2011 and one of the comedian who performed was Percy Crews 2 and I saw both his family and adult shows. Now, lets go forward to 2013 and I just got off the Breeze and Percy was one of the comedians, and guess what both his family and adult shows were almos excatly the same!

We had a comedian that was on one ship, and lo and behold, on our next cruise again with the same show! I even remembered what he was going to say next! That was really a coincidence, and kind of a bummer.

The comedians you see in local clubs (Comedy Zone, Zanie's, etc.) and on Comedy Central are touring because they write new material. And they are good.

Most of the comedians on cruise ships run on the thought that rarely ever will the same person see them twice, so they rarely ever write new material. Once you see them, you've seen them.

Plus you're not gonna randomly get Dane Cook on your cruise. Unless it's a Comedy Cruise.

Edited by blueneostang

We saw Cee Jay Jones on the Carnival Fasination in Sept watched him each time he performed and each time it was different..Even included a bunch of add libbing! He was great! Hope you all getto see him! The other guy they had on the ship however was only mildly funny and his show did repeat we left 10 mins in the second or 3rd time we saw him.

We were on the Dream January 12th and saw one of the comedians early show in the comedy club, I can't remember his name but he did a pretty funny Godzilla movie skit. During the week one of the shows got cancelled or one of the performers didn't make it on board so they moved the two comedians into the theater. I couldn't believe that the same guy did almost the exact same act he had done only 3 days earlier. including the Godzilla bit again.

i think they hire the worst comedians there is!! on the conquest last week the comedian was the worst i ever seen.:eek:

i think they hire the wash outs!!

I was on Conquest last week, and we saw 4 comedians - which one did you hate? I walked out on Scotty K's adult show the last night b/c he was making homophobic jokes. Matt Holt was funny, although he was not on his game b/c he was ill. The first two comedians were pretty lackluster.

i think they hire the worst comedians there is!! on the conquest last week the comedian was the worst i ever seen.:eek:

i think they hire the wash outs!!

My last two Carnival cruises had some really good ones. A couple were "ok" but the others had everyone laughing so hard. They were quite good. If I only made it to the shows where the act or comedian was merely ok I might agree a bit but I made it a point to see all the shows and comedians and overall they were really funny.

We were on the Dream January 12th and saw one of the comedians early show in the comedy club, I can't remember his name but he did a pretty funny Godzilla movie skit. During the week one of the shows got cancelled or one of the performers didn't make it on board so they moved the two comedians into the theater. I couldn't believe that the same guy did almost the exact same act he had done only 3 days earlier. including the Godzilla bit again.

On my Liberty cruise they repeated acts in order to make sure everyone got ot see them.

They did go to lengths to tell everyone the performance was a repeat. Evidently they forgot to tell you guys it was a repeat. Would be a bummer to wait all that time for the same show for sure.

we just got off the breeze and didnt think the comedians were funny. I remember sailing the Triump out of New York and laughing so hard I nearly wet my pants. that was back a few years.

last year Legends comedians were not that funny either. I was very dissapointed in the Breeze comics.

I have actually had Percy Crew's on two of my cruises as well several years apart and his shows were similiar. But I do think he is one of the best ones we've seen on the cruiseships, so I didn't mind too much. And luckily, after a few years, I couldn't remember all of his material so some of it was new to me (again)! And he did some impromptu stuff with the crowd that definitely wasn't something that he could do everytime. So he does have some improve skills.

Overall, for me, the comics are hit and miss on the cruiseships. One guy was so vulgar that we actually got up and left. And believe me, I'm not AT ALL prude with my comedy...but nothing but a steady stream of f-bombs and very vulgar sexual references were a little too much for me...esp. since it was just downright NOT funny! It was more X-rated than R-rated...and we saw more than a few people get up and leave before we did.

Misty

I was on Conquest last week, and we saw 4 comedians - which one did you hate? I walked out on Scotty K's adult show the last night b/c he was making homophobic jokes. Matt Holt was funny, although he was not on his game b/c he was ill. The first two comedians were pretty lackluster.[/

the comedian that came on board in grand caymon. at the family show all he talked about was how tired he was. then, we were lucky enough to have him for brunch. his 5 minute skit was about how tired he was!!:eek:

he just wasn't funny. i have seen some funny comedians on some of our other cruises.

the cruise was great!!!:)

I walked out on Scotty K's adult show the last night b/c he was making homophobic jokes.

Good for you! My wife and I would also walk out if the so-called comedian was making homophobic jokes.

Another thing I despise is racial humor. Usually, it is performed by an African-American comedian who will simply reinforce all the worst racial stereotypes to get a cheap laugh.

the comedian that came on board in grand caymon. at the family show all he talked about was how tired he was. then, we were lucky enough to have him for brunch. his 5 minute skit was about how tired he was!!:eek:

he just wasn't funny. i have seen some funny comedians on some of our other cruises.

the cruise was great!!!:)

I actually spent an hour drinking with him the last night of the cruise, and he was a great guy - I think he was just sick, and not at the top of his game.

I actually spent an hour drinking with him the last night of the cruise, and he was a great guy - I think he was just sick, and not at the top of his game.

Yes, if he spent a full hour drinking, I'm sure he was not at the "top of his game!":rolleyes:

Yes. Went on legend in 2011 and 2012 and of the comedians was the same as the 2011 cruise and did the same act. Then just last October we went on ecstasy and the comedian even said in his first show not to come to his second show later on in the cruise becuz it's the same act. We that it was a joke and went and it wasn't a joke. Same act. I am glad I don't much care for the shows. I just like to hang out relax and drink a few beers and do whatever. If I cruised for the shows I think I would have stopped by now. CCL needs to look into there entertainment. Needs a face lift. If your comedian cant come up with enough material for two shows then it's time to get new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIIIO