Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Well I just placed my first dog with a 100% DAV and I feel great. It took a while to get the paperwork together and make sure the landlord understands his rights under the law. But I feel great.....

This picyure is Blitz after a long day out with his new harness

104042501_IMG_20120404_153705(Medium).jpg.a9427a01fb6accc47bf0bc5e8f6a4ef7.jpg

Well I just placed my first dog with a 100% DAV and I feel great. It took a while to get the paperwork together and make sure the landlord understands his rights under the law. But I feel great.....

This picyure is Blitz after a long day out with his new harness

What do you mean "placed" and explain DAV.

Found a breeder willing to work with my national organization (SAV) by placing a dog into a program through us to be used as a service animal for a veteran who is 100% Disabled Veteran

Edited by guitarest

Found a breeder willing to work with my national organization (SAV) by placing a dog into a program through us to be used as a service animal for a veteran who is 100% Disabled Veteran

Great work.....thank you for what you're doing. A dog can make such a positive and motivating factor in the life of a wounded soldier, as you well know. :)

Hello everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know about our Easter miricle here in Virginia Beach. Yesterday around noon a navy fighter jet came crashing down into an apartment. Building. There was massive damage to the complex but the miricle is no one was killed or even hurt very badly. When the pilot was found all he could say is I'm sorry Ihit your apartment. Both pilots are fine and I think 4 other people were treated and released.

I know a lot of people lost a lot of stuff but I have to ffeel that GOD sent us an EASTER miricle with no loss of life.

The jets fly low enough to see the pilots eye Colorado.:eek:

Hello everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know about our Easter miricle here in Virginia Beach. Yesterday around noon a navy fighter jet came crashing down into an apartment. Building. There was massive damage to the complex but the miricle is no one was killed or even hurt very badly. When the pilot was found all he could say is I'm sorry Ihit your apartment. Both pilots are fine and I think 4 other people were treated and released.

I know a lot of people lost a lot of stuff but I have to ffeel that GOD sent us an EASTER miricle with no loss of life.

Praise the Lord!

Happy Passover and Happy Easter to all!

I second that, it was a miracle for sure. The student pilot and the instructor pilot both stayed with the aircraft long as possible prior to punching out. When I was at K I Sawyer AFB we had a B52 blowup and it broke windows everywhere on base. The plane was scattered all over the runway after doing a touch and go; and no one was seriously killed either. Says allot about the training our armed forces pilots receive.

Hello everyone

OMG! It was all over our news here in Los Angeles. We're so glad that there was no loss of life. It must be so scary to watch these planes fly overhead' date=' so low.....everyone must be very grateful that everyone was spared. Of course, if you live in the apartment building without any insurance, you're not feeling so lucky. [/b']

We wish everyone a joyous and loving holiday time.

Did I tell you guys how easy-peasy the meeting between the Agricultural inspectors/Immigration and Horton went on my last cruise?

I can't stress to you enough how important it is to have ALL your paperwork together to speed-up the process.

We met in Vivaldi Dining room at 7:30am, the morning that we docked in Ensenada - [i fed Horton his breakfast and went down.]

There were two Immigration officials/4 folks from the Agricultural Dept. of Mexico and 2 crew members [talk about over-kill], seriously, was all this really necessary? They were in full uniform, with guns and all!

One Immigration person asked to see Horton's "original paperwork", another asked to see a copy. They took the paperwork over to a table, where they all sat around and examined every page. One person said, "this is the most complete paperwork I have ever witnessed!" Another person came over and asked me to give Horton a few commands. I aked him to "sit", "stand", "lay down" and "shake." The same officer ran his hands down Horton's body, around his tail and picked-up each leg while examining his paws and spreading his toes to look between each one. He then went back to the table, wrote something on his paperwork and returned all of mine to me and excused me.

This was the most thorough exam I've ever been through before entering Mexico.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Did I tell you guys how easy-peasy the meeting between the Agricultural inspectors/Immigration and Horton went on my last cruise?

I can't stress to you enough how important it is to have ALL your paperwork together to speed-up the process.

We met in Vivaldi Dining room at 7:30am, the morning that we docked in Ensenada - [i fed Horton his breakfast and went down.]

There were two Immigration officials/4 folks from the Agricultural Dept. of Mexico and 2 crew members [talk about over-kill], seriously, was all this really necessary? They were in full uniform, with guns and all!

One Immigration person asked to see Horton's "original paperwork", another asked to see a copy. They took the paperwork over to a table, where they all sat around and examined every page. One person said, "this is the most complete paperwork I have ever witnessed!" Another person came over and asked me to give Horton a few commands. I aked him to "sit", "stand", "lay down" and "shake." The same officer ran his hands down Horton's body, around his tail and picked-up each leg while examining his paws and spreading his toes to look between each one. He then went back to the table, wrote something on his paperwork and returned all of mine to me and excused me.

You RAWK for sure.....

I am hoping the end of my tunnel will be very soon and I will be able to afford my first cruise with Blitz.... And I had another great day today at VA. I had been fighting with my doctor for the past two months and I finally petitioned the VA to give me a different doctor and this time I have a Internal Medicine Doc and one of the top ranked docs at my VA Hospital. I brought up many issues with the local VA and we does the doctor actually cross the line when trying to reduce or totally remove certain meds without the approval of the patient. I found out I was a topic for discussion in the morning briefings..... lol I also met with the Director of Voluntary Services and we spoke about getting emotional support dogs to the veterans who have PTSD and I also met with the Director of Mental Health (he used to be my doctor since I'm bonafide crazy..... lol)

You RAWK for sure.....

I am hoping the end of my tunnel will be very soon and I will be able to afford my first cruise with Blitz.... And I had another great day today at VA. I had been fighting with my doctor for the past two months and I finally petitioned the VA to give me a different doctor and this time I have a Internal Medicine Doc and one of the top ranked docs at my VA Hospital. I brought up many issues with the local VA and we does the doctor actually cross the line when trying to reduce or totally remove certain meds without the approval of the patient. I found out I was a topic for discussion in the morning briefings..... lol I also met with the Director of Voluntary Services and we spoke about getting emotional support dogs to the veterans who have PTSD and I also met with the Director of Mental Health (he used to be my doctor since I'm bonafide crazy..... lol)

Hey, crazy man, looks like pushing that huge snowball uphill may be paying off soon.....I hope so for you.

And, remember, "Emotional Support" dogs DO NOT HAVE PUBLIC ACCESS! This means they can not go cruising or into the public venue. Although, they MUST be allowed to live in an apartment that does NOT normally allow pets and are the true "feel good" dog for many, they must stay at home to do what they do best. They also may get "rights" to visit patients in hospitals and hospice, also a very important task.

I am, in no way, dismissing their importance to many who find their assistance invaluable.

I am, in no way, dismissing their importance to many who find their assistance invaluable.

Oh I know that and that's part of what I have to explain to those in the program. I guess in one way I am happy Blitz is way more than a emotional support family member.

And while keeping on the subject of GSD's just thought I would post this picture.....

9550658e-3e00-46db-822c-6c674c043bf5.jpg

Oh I know that and that's part of what I have to explain to those in the program. I guess in one way I am happy Blitz is way more than a emotional support family member.

And while keeping on the subject of GSD's just thought I would post this picture.....

Oh! No! It's the Easter Shepherd!

On our cruise I had to bring Wex down everyday. The amount of people there was ridiculous! We had atleast 4 crew members and atleast 4 or 6 from the port we stopped in. My experience was alittle different. They did throughly examine the paperwork, but never even looked at the dog. I mean barely even glanced at him. One port did complain that his rabies wasn't given before we went , but they let that go. I was very uncomfortable sitting there it was kinda creepy. No one smiled or said hello.

On our cruise I had to bring Wex down everyday. The amount of people there was ridiculous! We had atleast 4 crew members and atleast 4 or 6 from the port we stopped in. My experience was alittle different. They did throughly examine the paperwork, but never even looked at the dog. I mean barely even glanced at him. One port did complain that his rabies wasn't given before we went , but they let that go. I was very uncomfortable sitting there it was kinda creepy. No one smiled or said hello.

Seriously "creepy!" Sometimes it's very difficult to stand "tall" with your dog.

Because I work every day and Horton is part of my working day, there are complications and questions about my dog that would be easier to deal with if I just stayed home and hid away from society.

That is the cutest picture! I recognise Blitz but who is the pomp?