What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

I'm 59, single gay male. I have been on 8 of 10 cruises solo. . . The biggest challenge for me: finding women (single or attached) who are interested in dancing. (I enjoy ballroom dancing, swing, salsa.) Heck, I would even learn to follow in dancing, if a guy would ask me to dance!

Hi relax guy. You should go on a Dancers at Sea cruise (for people who love to dance). I think there are more women than men, so you wouldn't lack dance partners.

Lisa

HI all, I am single 53 year old from South Florida.

Everett, too bad our paths never crossed. I love to dance salsa and never meet and single dance partners. I only go on Royal Caribbean cruises lately. They have a great lounge called Boleros. You made me laugh about learning to follow.:)

I hope everyone enjoys their cruises.

Michele

I am 58 and single from Boston and have cruiised many times - I used to cruise with my 35 yr old daughter but now that she is pregnant for the 2nd time in 3 yrs - she will not be cruising for a while - so I am pondering a solo cruise this year. I am pretty outgoing - so would ask for a large table at dinner - with any other single cruisers - but I do look forward to having time to do what I want to do!

I will be booking something on Royal Caribbean - so if anyone knows any good deals let me know!

Nice to see this thread! I'm 51 from Houston. It's so easy to travel out of this city. I've taken several solo cruises from Galveston and also fly or drive a lot on my own. I've made some great friends and am looking forward to my upcoming cruise in March. Once in a while a friend (or group of friends) has vacation time when I do, but if we can't coordinate it, I just take off by myself. I love it and have been doing this for 9 years - since my kids have been off on their own.

I am 58 and single from Boston and have cruiised many times - I used to cruise with my 35 yr old daughter but now that she is pregnant for the 2nd time in 3 yrs - she will not be cruising for a while - so I am pondering a solo cruise this year. I am pretty outgoing - so would ask for a large table at dinner - with any other single cruisers - but I do look forward to having time to do what I want to do!

I will be booking something on Royal Caribbean - so if anyone knows any good deals let me know!

On my last solo cruise and this one coming up on the voyager trans Atlantic. Some of the solo's from our cc roll call linked reservations to create a "solo table" in the main dining room.

It worked really well and eased my showing up for dinner alone the first night.

Happy planning,

Laura

Aloha again lil_tnk

I wish, but that weekend of 24-28 MAY is a long weekend so already booked non-refundable reservations for Orlando.

I'm really hoping to be crusing weekend of 12 MAY 12 , but go earlier 5 MAY 12 , but not sure where i like to go yet, last time was bahamas so thinking caribbean would be great was hoping to get a feel for more solo cruisers that might be crusing during that same time....

Well i know u going to have a great time on your dream cruise!

I was widowed after 30 years of marriage. I had wanted to sail on the Hebridean Princess with my wife, but the fare for a cabin for the two of us was much too expensive. After she passed away I was able to book the cheapest inside single cabin in the bowels of the ship many months ahead, as there were only 2 of them!

Hi relax guy. You should go on a Dancers at Sea cruise (for people who love to dance). I think there are more women than men, so you wouldn't lack dance partners.

Lisa

I have been giving some serious consideration to Dancers at Sea for a future cruise. I hear they are fun.

Can't decide between the Bahamas or the Caribbean... It will have to be between September and October because of work, I'm hoping to book soon.

Nicole

Aloha Nicole, any idea yet which cruise you thinking about taking? I'm still trying to decided , like to do a caribbean cruise in MAY..this will be my first solo cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

48 male and single been on about 4 solos. Lost my wife and son about 4 years ago and ended up going on his BD cruise as a solo and it was a relaxing and healing trip! Now I can't think of anyone I want to share a cabin with...hehe...they snore, demanding,etc....it's my vacation!

Just an FYI if your family dies carnival will not give a refund. So I booked a damn owners suite at 200 percent!

Hi folks. Single, no kids here, about to turn 50 this summer (:eek:). I took my first cruise at age 7, and then picked up again as an adult. I love cruising -- all those stops and sights, and only unpacking once!

Never traveled solo before - always with my family, my aunt, a friend or a singles travel group. All of those were great, but I don't particularly want to wait around for them to either have time or money to travel with me, or to want to go where I want to go. So I think I might give solo cruising a shot.

I'm actually not a huge fan of traveling by myself as a rule, mostly because I don't like to eat alone in restaurants. The cruise setup makes that much less awkward, though. So why not! It's great to see these boards with so many folks raving about solo cruising.

Now the question is when and where? Sooo many choices - it's fun to do the research!

Hey all! I'm a 27 year old single gal going on my first solo cruise in 10 days (Majesty of the Seas 3/19-3/23)!! I'm a grad student and decided to book it on a whim and go during my spring break. Since all of my friends work full time I didn't even bother to ask anyone, I just needed a vacation! I live alone so I'm used to (and enjoy) spending time by myself, but the traditional dining is sort of giving me anxiety since I'm not super outgoing and I worry about having a really awkward table. Besides that, I'm really looking forward to it!

Hey all! I'm a 27 year old single gal going on my first solo cruise in 10 days (Majesty of the Seas 3/19-3/23)!! I'm a grad student and decided to book it on a whim and go during my spring break. Since all of my friends work full time I didn't even bother to ask anyone, I just needed a vacation! I live alone so I'm used to (and enjoy) spending time by myself, but the traditional dining is sort of giving me anxiety since I'm not super outgoing and I worry about having a really awkward table. Besides that, I'm really looking forward to it!

I have the same problem. I've only been on one solo so far (3 day) and dinner was a bit awkward. I've booked my 2nd solo cruise (7 day) and if I have a hard time, I will switch to the anytime dining. I will have my Kindle with me if I'm at a table alone.

Enjoy your break from grad school!!!

I have the same problem. I've only been on one solo so far (3 day) and dinner was a bit awkward. I've booked my 2nd solo cruise (7 day) and if I have a hard time, I will switch to the anytime dining. I will have my Kindle with me if I'm at a table alone.

Enjoy your break from grad school!!!

This is why I booked NCL - no formal dining, pick and choose when and where to eat, eat alone or with others, but meet others at solo gatherings and choose to eat with them for ease.

I would find formal dining a little awkward I think.

Glad to see more solo travlers speaking up and sharing bio info! Well I'm still looking for a cruise in MAY so any other solo cruisers out there travling during that time frame let me know!

hope everyone having a great weekend! Smile

Jeff

Hi,

I'm Portia, 55 and single. I used to travel with my ex. After our breakup, I would travel with different friends, but there were many times when I was ready to book, finances and excuses got in the way.

Once I found out about Carnival's (old Cat 1A) solo cabins, I was hooked.

I've taken 5 solo cruises and have 2 more booked this year and 2 booked next year.

I'm very sociable and never had a problem meeting people.

I'm booked on the Breakaway in May 2013. If anyone is sailing with me, maybe we can chat.