Can we bring bottled Water or Soda on Board

can you put a 24pack or water and 12 cans of coke in a box and put your luggage tag on it? Will that work, or is carry on easier for the water and coke?

I don't want to carry too much durnig my carry on, so I'm wondering what is the best solution. Some people say they just slap their luggage tag on, but I don't know what they mean, if they mean on the 24pk alone without covering it, or puting it in a box or something.

The "official" rules say no...but they don't really seem to care as long as it's not alcohol!

THEY CARE NOW! At least in NOLA on the Voyager. We had to go to the naughty room to pick up our luggage because we had a bottle of cough syrup in one of them. (Thank you smugglers for having used that for your booze, causing RCI to hold all bags with such bottle until they can check the contents!) But they also had several, large containers full of various soda products and water that had been removed from held luggage. Included in the wire containers were stacks of cases and 12 packs, etc. of soda and water with luggage tags. The lady next to us in line was saying "I always bring my own water onboard." The staff member responded... "...not any longer!"

I've brought water on every cruise I've taken. It has been in luggage with clothes, carried on, or packed alone and checked in a duffle bag. The duffle bag went to the naughty room since they refuse to open it and check without the owner there. Once it was found to be water I got it back.

Sorry but they DO allow water since most ships have various shades of water coming from the tap in the room. The dining room water is the only water that goes through special filters for drinking.

I bring spring water since I don't drink chlorine at home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...(Thank you smugglers for having used that for your booze, causing RCI to hold all bags with such bottle until they can check the contents!)

Indeed, and sorry to hear this.

if you want it that bad, carry it on yourself? dont upset the porters with extra work.

Hmm... I both agree and disagree with this, if possible. "Upset the porters with extra work"? That's their job and they are compensated. *shrug*

However, RCI states no beverages of any kind are to be brought onboard, so not sure I would ever even entertain the thought of doing so, no matter whcih method I employed to take it onboard with me.

.Sorry but they DO allow water since most ships have various shades of water coming from the tap in the room. The dining room water is the only water that goes through special filters for drinking.

Don't try it on the Voyager! It was all being confiscated on the Dec 3rd sailing. I know that the rules previously were ignored but they were enforced to the "t" on the Voyager. Lots of surprised people in the naughty room!

ALL ships have various types of water for sale and that seems to be the new thinking!

I'll be on AOS in February, port of San Juan. So... I'm going to try for a case of water (just a 12 case, maybe) with a luggage tag.

If I try and they say no, what's the worst that can happen? They confiscate my $4 purchase and we have no cheap water on the cruise? I still would get to cruise right? :p

I'd gladly carry it on myself if they let me...

I've brought water on every cruise I've taken. It has been in luggage with clothes, carried on, or packed alone and checked in a duffle bag. The duffle bag went to the naughty room since they refuse to open it and check without the owner there. Once it was found to be water I got it back.

Sorry but they DO allow water since most ships have various shades of water coming from the tap in the room. The dining room water is the only water that goes through special filters for drinking.

I bring spring water since I don't drink chlorine at home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this true?:eek:

THEY CARE NOW! At least in NOLA on the Voyager. We had to go to the naughty room to pick up our luggage because we had a bottle of cough syrup in one of them. (Thank you smugglers for having used that for your booze, causing RCI to hold all bags with such bottle until they can check the contents!) But they also had several, large containers full of various soda products and water that had been removed from held luggage. Included in the wire containers were stacks of cases and 12 packs, etc. of soda and water with luggage tags. The lady next to us in line was saying "I always bring my own water onboard." The staff member responded... "...not any longer!"

I wonder why are the cruise lines suddenly doing this. I was pulled over to the naughty table twice (two different cruises) for having water in my carry on. The sad part is they missed the bottle of wine.:rolleyes: I guess the RR's should carry more water to distract them. ;)

Is it like this at Cape Liberty?

Is this true?:eek:

So, I've been told by waiters. I haven't had yellow, orange or brown water yet in the dining room. But I've had it in my stateroom in varying degrees at one time or another during almost every cruise - including Navigator last week.

Edited by mommabean

So, I've been told by waiters. I haven't had yellow, orange or brown water yet in the dining room. But I've had it in my stateroom in varying degrees at one time or another during almost every cruise - including Navigator last week.

Of course the water to cabins is filtered. People brush their teeth etc with that water and they have to assume people drink it as well. To think otherwise is nonsense.

Of course the water to cabins is filtered. People brush their teeth etc with that water and they have to assume people drink it as well. To think otherwise is nonsense.

I believe it's a different filtering system. Of course the room water is considered to be sanitary. But I've seen enough bad color to know a lot of sediment is in there. I brush... but I don't swallow.

This is what I found in my bathtub on board once. Do you mean to tell me you would drink the same water that comes out of the sink? Often the color appears clear as it comes out and goes right down the drain. But fill up something and you will see a tinge of color or sometimes more as I saw this time. I don't feel comfortable drinking this. Maybe you do.

DSC01699.jpg

can you put a 24pack or water and 12 cans of coke in a box and put your luggage tag on it? Will that work, or is carry on easier for the water and coke?

I don't want to carry too much durnig my carry on, so I'm wondering what is the best solution. Some people say they just slap their luggage tag on, but I don't know what they mean, if they mean on the 24pk alone without covering it, or puting it in a box or something.

we just got back off the Jewel and i seen two different people dragging a 24 pack of water on a luggage carrier the just had a luggage tag on the water and I took a 6 pack in my luggage with no problem

rust in the lines somewhere looks like

I'm sure all ships have various points of rust or something before it makes it to the staterooms. They aren't going to run it through special drinking water filters directly before it comes out of the tap in each room.

Gina

we just got back off the Jewel and i seen two different people dragging a 24 pack of water on a luggage carrier the just had a luggage tag on the water and I took a 6 pack in my luggage with no problem

I've seen a lot of "water" taken from people. I've also seen a lot of mouthwash taken from people. Notice the quotes I used. When I've retrieved my water from the naughty room there have been stacks of "water" down there and a lot of rum runners, too.

Real water gets through. Refilled water bottles don't. Even on Voyager, I'm sure.

Gina

We just got home from sailing on The Explorer out of Bayonne NJ. I put 24 cans of soda in a small kit bag and had a luggage tag put on. We also had 12 bottles of water. They all arrived in our cabin with no problems.

Wow that is pretty disgusting..

I believe it's a different filtering system. Of course the room water is considered to be sanitary. But I've seen enough bad color to know a lot of sediment is in there. I brush... but I don't swallow.

This is what I found in my bathtub on board once. Do you mean to tell me you would drink the same water that comes out of the sink? Often the color appears clear as it comes out and goes right down the drain. But fill up something and you will see a tinge of color or sometimes more as I saw this time. I don't feel comfortable drinking this. Maybe you do.

DSC01699.jpg

Last week on the Jewel someone from our Roll call had their water & soda taken during the security scan...they said the porter had refused to take it so they were bringing it onboard themselves.....then later in the week we talked with someone else who had brought on water & soda with no problem...guess it depends on the mood of the person doing the scanning...