Little French Key?

Messunderstood

I received a quote from them yesterday and it is no longer $88 for all you can drink. It is now for 2 drinks at lunch. Not a big deal for us, but it seems that the package tweaking is continuing.

Wow - guess they are in flux about how they are setting things up. Hopefully they will eventually settle one ONE price structure and leave it that way. We finally got our confirmation from them stating we are set for the $65 price and where to find the driver outside the port gate.

I found Little French Key on Trip Advisor and I am so glad we did. It was the best beach we have ever visited. I made reservations by emailing the owner from their website and I arranged for them to pick us up. That was the only little hitch, and not much of a hitch. When we got off the Conquest cruise ship we made our way to the terminal exit. You must go out of the terminal and turn left and go up then down the big hill. At the bottom of the hill were so many people trying to get you to go with them. We could not find our ride. Finally a cab driver promised to take us there and he would come back for us. My suggestion would be large signs held up for us to see where Frenchy’s staff were standing. It was about a 20 minute ride to Frenchy’s 44 where we paid and took the boat to the island. We paid $44 each, free drink and lunch.

What a beautiful place!

When we arrived the owner’s son showed us around the island. He showed us all the animals and explained about each one. Then we found a place to spend the day. They have very nice areas to sit, tables, chairs, couches. In the sun or out of the sun. Lot's of sand, but you may want water shoes out in the water. There are floats you can use, a wonderful friendly bar staff to mix you a drink.

They fixed us lunch right there on the beach, kbobs of steak, shrimp and chicken with wonderful sides. All day the owner, his wife and sons checked on everyone to make sure you were happy and to see if you needed anything. We didn’t do anything but lay in the water, but I saw other families having fun kayaking, snorkeling, playing with the monkeys. Several people said they went snorkeling and it was beautiful. They will take you back to the main island anytime you want.

Our cab driver didn’t show up at the appointed time. The staff at Frenchy’s kindly took us back to the cruise terminal, they didn’t have to do this but offered. This is really a unique place that is run by the most wonderful family and staff, they care about each guest. I they are working hard everything safe for the environment of the island. I hope they can keep the visitor numbers limited, that was also part of the appeal of the island. There weren’t hundreds of people. I would choose my next cruise itinerary just to visit here again.

IMG_0186.jpg.8d25edc78387e73b9c5d73bb6d6f46f8.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg.378e8cc6ca2c867820c8cc8e4aab1f56.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg.2986b42670c334772c97ec0f0073dde5.jpg

I found Little French Key on Trip Advisor and I am so glad we did. It was the best beach we have ever visited. I made reservations by emailing the owner from their website and I arranged for them to pick us up. That was the only little hitch, and not much of a hitch. When we got off the Conquest cruise ship we made our way to the terminal exit. You must go out of the terminal and turn left and go up then down the big hill. At the bottom of the hill were so many people trying to get you to go with them. We could not find our ride. Finally a cab driver promised to take us there and he would come back for us. My suggestion would be large signs held up for us to see where Frenchy’s staff were standing. It was about a 20 minute ride to Frenchy’s 44 where we paid and took the boat to the island. We paid $44 each, free drink and lunch.

What a beautiful place!

When we arrived the owner’s son showed us around the island. He showed us all the animals and explained about each one. Then we found a place to spend the day. They have very nice areas to sit, tables, chairs, couches. In the sun or out of the sun. Lot's of sand, but you may want water shoes out in the water. There are floats you can use, a wonderful friendly bar staff to mix you a drink.

They fixed us lunch right there on the beach, kbobs of steak, shrimp and chicken with wonderful sides. All day the owner, his wife and sons checked on everyone to make sure you were happy and to see if you needed anything. We didn’t do anything but lay in the water, but I saw other families having fun kayaking, snorkeling, playing with the monkeys. Several people said they went snorkeling and it was beautiful. They will take you back to the main island anytime you want.

Our cab driver didn’t show up at the appointed time. The staff at Frenchy’s kindly took us back to the cruise terminal, they didn’t have to do this but offered. This is really a unique place that is run by the most wonderful family and staff, they care about each guest. I they are working hard everything safe for the environment of the island. I hope they can keep the visitor numbers limited, that was also part of the appeal of the island. There weren’t hundreds of people. I would choose my next cruise itinerary just to visit here again.

Thanks for the review! It only confirms we've made the right choice :) In our confirmation they told us our driver's name and that he would be wearing a green shirt with the Little French Key logo on it - will definitely look thoroughly to find him!

Although this place is gorgeous and I made a reservation for December,

I am not liking the way they structure their price? Apparantly everyone is getting different price quotes

I was quoted 3 options: as of 7/5/12

Option I Super Fun Day Package $295 per person:

Includes,

1) Island Tour with Brand New Helicopter, minimum 3 passengers (takes off

from the

Private Island, Little French Key and returns)

2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy

3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which

includes Brochettes of Filet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken

breast,

fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and all

drinks of

choice (all you can eat and drink)

5) Reef snorkel tour, with boat ride, and guide and equipment

6) Use of all our facilities and equipment, motorized and non motorized,

Jet Skies,

Banana Boats, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

7) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

8) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

Option II Full Island Package $88 per person:

Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which

includes Brochettes of Filet Mingon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken

breast,

fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and 2

drinks of choice.

3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water

chairs, chase

lounges, etc...

4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

Option III Entrance and Round Trip Transportation to the Private Island

at $38 per person

I am not liking the way they structure their price? Apparantly everyone is getting different price quotes

Boy, seems like they can't get their pricing structure set. I definitely printed out and saved the email quote they gave me, and the email where they replied and confirmed our reservation and price. Will have it with me when we go.

Thanks for the review! It only confirms we've made the right choice :) In our confirmation they told us our driver's name and that he would be wearing a green shirt with the Little French Key logo on it - will definitely look thoroughly to find him!

My confirmation said the same thing about the driver and the green shirt with Little French Key logo on it. Hope he isn't hard to find?

Looks like they are still tweaking the price structure, I think the number of drinks are a main concern for them.

:)

Not trying to upset anyone here, but lets give this family a break as far as their "price structure" goes. This is a brand new establishment, hasn't even been open a year yet. They are trying their best to make sure that they can cater to everyone that would like to join them. Obviously there are some kinks right now in figuring out from a business stand point as to what works best for everyone.

With that being said, when we went we had the most basic package, $44 was the only thing offered. We had to get our own ride from the port. It was cheap. We got one drink included in the $44, and the lunch and water chairs and a tour of the grounds. After the first drink it was $5 per drink, no matter what you had, beer, wine, cocktail. I would still be happy with this, and to be honest, unless there was an All Inclusive package, i would do it exactly the same.

If you are planning on going here, i would choose your package according to what works best for you at the price quote they sent you, and after that i would be happy that your one of the fortunate ones that gets to experience this beautiful place, without cruise crowds, long lines, or a bunch of people trying anything to get your money. The service you get at this place from the staff was second to none when we went. I have never been treated as well as i was here. Not in one single port, and i've been to many. The owner truly cares about making sure his guests are happy, to me you can't put a price on genuine good service.

Again, i'm not trying to start an uproar. I'm just saying from experience, you can't beat this place. And if you don't like the price structure. Get the cheap one, find your own ride, and pay for the drinks as you get them. You go here to enjoy the grounds, and get away from the cluster of people that stick around popular cruise ship excursions and beaches. The key is paradise...

Silvestri4 is 100% correct. The owner told me they had been open 8 months and have done no advertising. All his business is by word of mouth. I want to go back so bad. He talked about in a few years trying to have bungaloos (sp?) to stay in. I would be first in line to stay there.

They are trying to have activities to do while at the island. Just go and enjoy the calm beautiful water and friendly people.

Whatever they price you pay it is so worth it.

I want to go back so bad. He talked about in a few years trying to have bungaloos (sp?) to stay in. I would be first in line to stay there.

Well you can't be first in line :) My GF and I went here in April and my Mother joined us. We told the owner as soon as those bungalows are open we will come and give them a test run for him...haha. We gave him our number and told him to call us AS SOON as this is available.

I found this thread on Monday and now me and my daughter and 6 more friends from our group are going! They appear to have raised prices and dropped the "day pass". It's a short day in port for us but we are hoping for a good 4-5 hours on that little slice of paradise!

Option I Super Fun Day Package $295 per person:

Includes,

1) Island Tour with Brand New Helicopter, minimum 3 passengers (takes off

from the

Private Island, Little French Key and returns)

2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy

3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which

includes Brochettes of Filet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken

breast,

fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and all

drinks of

choice (all you can eat and drink)

5) Reef snorkel tour, with boat ride, and guide and equipment

6) Use of all our facilities and equipment, motorized and non motorized,

Jet Skies,

Banana Boats, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

7) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

8) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

Option II Full Island Package $88 per person:

Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which

includes Brochettes of Filet Mingon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken

breast,

fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and 2

drinks of choice.

3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water

chairs, chase

lounges, etc...

4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

Option III Entrance and Round Trip Transportation to the Private Island

at $38 per person

88.00 is more than we budgeted but we would do the 38.00 trip if it had been offered to us. Sadly, the cheapest now is 65.00 without transportation so add that in and we are back to about 90. I had seen the 65.00 package with transportation and we were very ready to book, then I got a quote that was different than the one I saw from June.

We are going off ship excursions to get something affordable. We do have a budget. This place looks awesome but not sure if we can go now. I usually don't eat much on excursions to beach so I could have done it without the food but it was not offered in my quote.

88.00 is more than we budgeted but we would do the 38.00 trip if it had been offered to us. Sadly, the cheapest now is 65.00 without transportation so add that in and we are back to about 90. I had seen the 65.00 package with transportation and we were very ready to book, then I got a quote that was different than the one I saw from June.

We are going off ship excursions to get something affordable. We do have a budget. This place looks awesome but not sure if we can go now. I usually don't eat much on excursions to beach so I could have done it without the food but it was not offered in my quote.

Honestly, it's very clear that this business is trying to figure out what works best for it. The only way they will figure it out is to see how many people are choosing to book at each price point that they offer.

Personally, if I were considering this this location, I'd send the business another email. I would tell them flat out that posts on Cruise Critic suggest that there seems to be very little consistency with the quoted rates and packages. Let them know that other cruisers have recently reported being quoted $38pp for ??? (insert exact details of the $38 package). Then ask them if they would be willing to honor that price for your family.

There's no harm in trying.

I agree with rockbock. It couldn't hurt to try emailing them again. They are relatively new and relying largely on word of mouth. We are paying the $65 price - which includes transport in my quote - and are very excited about this place. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I get the feeling, from what folks who have been there have said, that they will honor what they quoted you. I printed out my email confirmation from them (always do that anyway for any outside tour i book)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

We are just back from the Carnival Dream (7/7-7/14).

This place is amazing!!!! We did the $65 deal. I will post a true review once we are unpacked and settled, but I can't explain to you how much we enjoyed our day here. We had our two kids, and it was a blast for them too.