Terminal overnight parking in Kauai

kcshonks

We are new to website but absolutely love it!

I have read and read and tried to search for this answer, though unsuccessfully...

How easy is it to overnight park a rental car at the cruise terminal in Kauai? Is it expensive? Long walk?

Thanks!!

There is a limited amount of overnight parking available at a small shopping center (the Aloha Marketplace, I think) located about a block or so up the hill from the dock area. You should purchase your parking permit there as soon as you pick up your car (the rental car shuttle driver should point it out on your way to the airport)...the cost was $10 as of last month. If you are not picking up a car until later in the afternoon, you might want to walk up to the marketplace in the morning to secure your parking permit first just to be safe.

There is a limited amount of overnight parking available at a small shopping center (the Aloha Marketplace, I think) located about a block or so up the hill from the dock area. You should purchase your parking permit there as soon as you pick up your car (the rental car shuttle driver should point it out on your way to the airport)...the cost was $10 as of last month. If you are not picking up a car until later in the afternoon, you might want to walk up to the marketplace in the morning to secure your parking permit first just to be safe.

Like whale-watcher stated, there is parking for a $10 fee at the Aloha Marketplace about a block or two from the pier. We picked up our car first thing that morning from Thrifty and then went back to get the parking permit. When we returned that night there was an individual making certain we had a permit before we could park. He said they had sold out that day before noon and that many days they sell out in the mornings when people first get off the ship.

We bought our parking ticket before we rented the car. We were on the Pride of Hawaii and had booked Air Ventures for the morning of our first day. So by renting the car about noon on the first day, we got a 24 hour - 1 day rental for noon to noon. I was afraid they might be out of parking spots before we got back with the car so I talked DH into walking there earlier in the morning. :) They said they don't normally "sell" a ticket without the car but did agree to it if we promised to call them with the license plate number after rental.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a picture of the building that the parking is right next to. It cost us $10 a night in the summer of 2006 and was very close to the ship. Just about a block up on your left. That's our white convertible (with the top up) parked in front of the building. That literally was our parking place for the night. You can see other spots in the picture on the side of the building as well (click on the picture to make it bigger).

1574534522_Kauai-OurConvertiblewiththetopup.jpg.69336de0fd0d6ae65b1c0e78178a3f86.jpg

• 4 months later...

I'm glad I searched about the overnight parking. We do not need our rental car in Kauai until the afternoon. Is it possible with this permit to come and go as you please for the one fee? I thought I could get the car in the morning and then get the permit, leave the car until the afternoon, use it, and then leave it there overnight. Would I need to pay 2 fees?

I'm glad I searched about the overnight parking. We do not need our rental car in Kauai until the afternoon. Is it possible with this permit to come and go as you please for the one fee? I thought I could get the car in the morning and then get the permit, leave the car until the afternoon, use it, and then leave it there overnight. Would I need to pay 2 fees?

You can come and go freely. This is a one-time fee for a permit you keep on the dashboard.

We were there on PofAm in May 2008. Our parking cost was $15.00 and you are able to come and go. Its a very short walk to the pier, there was a scooter rental place at the entrance - this is where you buy the pass. The thumbnail picture that was provided looks like where we parked. Its really the first place you come to on the left as you walk away from the pier.

My hubby went in the morning and got the car, came back and bought the pass, parked, and then walked back to the ship. When the rest of us were ready, we walked back to the car and took off for the day. When we got back after sunset, we had a space waiting for us.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Will be renting a car in March and wondering if overnight parking is still available at this lot. I was told that there was no overnight parking at the dock, but this is close enough!

Thanks for your feedback.

Joyce

This overnight parking is still available, or it was in Oct. When we picked up the rental car they gave us instructions about where to find it and suggested going back and paying and getting our car added to the list straight away. They don't usually fill up we were told. Very close to the pier.

• 7 months later...

Don't know about entering the pier parking area, but the overnight parking lot is not far away, so others could meet you there, it's just a carpark for the shops during the day so no problem stopping there to pick others up. Straight up the road from the ship, 3 minutes walk.