Labadee - Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Treacher1

• 2 months later...

We cruise in 9 days and I cannot book a Beach Bungalow. It says Online reservations are not available, please check onboard. It has said the same thing for at least 4 or 5 months..... Does anyone know if this means they're sold out? Or can you just not book online period? I've searched quite a few threads and everyone seems to have booked online so I'm just curious if we missed the chance and need to re-evaluate what to do.

We cruise in 9 days and I cannot book a Beach Bungalow. It says Online reservations are not available, please check onboard. It has said the same thing for at least 4 or 5 months..... Does anyone know if this means they're sold out? Or can you just not book online period? I've searched quite a few threads and everyone seems to have booked online so I'm just curious if we missed the chance and need to re-evaluate what to do.

We were able to purchase a bungalow on the island last February. They had one left and they provided wrist bands, towels, water, etc. for us. The bar was nearby and a less-crowded buffet was near us as well. The attendants did a wonderful job keeping wanderers from entering the area. I hope you can experience this...happy cruising!

if it helps everyone

Barefoot Beach Cabanas - suite only - book with concierge

Nellies Beach Cabanas - anyone can book if available. same price as Barefoot beach but no private dining - that is for suites

Beach Bungalows - new on the beach "cabana" style bungalows at Columbus Cove - way cheaper !!!

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Beach Bungalows - I have read some posts that say the chairs and beach area are only for the bungalows and wristbands are checked. And other posts that said the staff told them the chairs and beach area was open to anyone. Can anyone who has been there fairly recently confirm?

• 1 month later...

I just booked a Beach Bungalow on Labadee for our cruise on July 17th on Oasis of the Seas!!! From what I have researched, they are at the end of Columbus Cove, and offer seating for up to 8, floating mats, towels, bottled water, and service from an attendant. They are in a private area, and offer private loungers on the beach as well! I will post more info and photos after our trip.

We were there early this month. Had 2 bungalows for 16 people. We all loved it. I had cabanas over the water and while it was nice I would do the bungalows over cabanas in a heart beat. Service was awesome. We tipped at the end of the day. The buffet is close by . The ocean is right there and they do not allow anyone in the area that doesn't belong. Cabanas at Nellies also just get the buffet. We loved it so much I just booked 2 for next year when we go on the Allure.

Hello!

I have just gotten off the phone with a rep from RCL regarding beach bungalows in Labedee. We have 8 adults in our group and the rep very sternly told me the attendant there would not allow us to interchange the additional two adults when others were elsewhere. Can you comment on this? At $250 each, I am not anxious to rent two of these for only two extra adults.

Were you provided towels at the bungalow for everyone in your group? The description makes it sound like there are only 2 floating mats and two towels provided.

We were there early this month. Had 2 bungalows for 16 people. We all loved it. I had cabanas over the water and while it was nice I would do the bungalows over cabanas in a heart beat. Service was awesome. We tipped at the end of the day. The buffet is close by . The ocean is right there and they do not allow anyone in the area that doesn't belong. Cabanas at Nellies also just get the buffet. We loved it so much I just booked 2 for next year when we go on the Allure.

Hello!

I have just gotten off the phone with a rep from RCL regarding beach bungalows in Labedee. We have 8 adults in our group and the rep very sternly told me the attendant there would not allow us to interchange the additional two adults when others were elsewhere. Can you comment on this? At $250 each, I am not anxious to rent two of these for only two extra adults.

I just checked and they did switch the amount of people from last April from 8 to 6. But to be honest we hade 18 people in our group and every one showed up within half hour of each other and as they did I said thats part of our group to each one and attendents had no problem with it. I think you will be fine. I have 16 this year in April and I am doing the same thing. I also had a cabana over the water a and we had 8 people and then other friends found us and that made 10 and it was not issue. The reps really don't know to much about anything , they read off a description . When are you going

Were you provided towels at the bungalow for everyone in your group? The description makes it sound like there are only 2 floating mats and two towels provided.

Actually they asked how many towels and I just said 18 and no problem but I did count and make sure there was 18 when we headed back so there was no problem with that. But yes we only had 2 floating mats but we didn't ask for any more as no one needed it.

I just checked and they did switch the amount of people from last April from 8 to 6. But to be honest we hade 18 people in our group and every one showed up within half hour of each other and as they did I said thats part of our group to each one and attendents had no problem with it. I think you will be fine. I have 16 this year in April and I am doing the same thing. I also had a cabana over the water a and we had 8 people and then other friends found us and that made 10 and it was not issue. The reps really don't know to much about anything , they read off a description . When are you going

Thanks so much for the information. I’m glad they are not too strict. I’m on vacation and don’t want any drama. We are on the Anthem this July.

I did book just one and I am sure we will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. It doesn't make sense that they would only provide 2 towels when they state the bungalows are for up to 6 people. Did you think the bungalows were worth the cost?

Absolutely worth it to us. We split cost with our group plus couple of weeks ago they had them for 200.00 instead of 250.00 so I cancelled and rebooked to get the lower price.

Thanks so much for the information. I’m glad they are not too strict. I’m on vacation and don’t want any drama. We are on the Anthem this July.

I did book just one and I am sure we will be fine.

The attendents will do anything they can to make you happy . We tipped them at the end . They were so attentive to our group. We all had the drink package and kept them busy all day.

I was looking on the Labadee map and cannot see where the Bungalows are located. What are they between so I can see where they are?

Also, they changed the capacity from 8 to 6

They are at the extreme end of Columbus Cove Beach. The end farthest away from the ship.

mac_tlc

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked a "last minute cruise" for May on Allure. This will be our first visit to Labadee so trying to find a good beach option for a party of four. Cabanas and Bungalows are sold out. Does anyone have another favorite on the island that is similar in experience and service? What are the chances a bungalow will open up between now and the cruise? Thanks.

We just booked a "last minute cruise" for May on Allure. This will be our first visit to Labadee so trying to find a good beach option for a party of four. Cabanas and Bungalows are sold out. Does anyone have another favorite on the island that is similar in experience and service? What are the chances a bungalow will open up between now and the cruise? Thanks.

We're also hoping a bungalow will open up for our March 18 sailing on Oasis. Interested to know if this is a vain hope.