Electrical Outlets on Caribbean Princess

rgmacm

I have a question about the outlets on Caribbean Princess....as I pack for our cruise in a few weeks. I'm bringing a plug that turns 1 outlet into 3 (don't know what it's called...haha)

Anyway, are the outlets on CB grounded (3 prong)? or the older 2 prong type?

We just got off CB and the only outlets readily accessible in the main cabin are at the desk. We brought a regular extension cord with the 2 prongs on it. So either will work. We don't use the ones in the bathroom as that room is tiny enough I usually do what must be done in there and get out...lol Oh we had an interior cabin.

The problem I always have with those 2 measly desk outlets when using a 3-outlet gizmo is that the whole thing falls out of the outlet. If I plug in 2 items, it seems to be too heavy and bulky. It covers the second outlet completely and makes it hard to turn the desk light on/off.

I think a power strip is better because it's 3-pronged and gets the rest of the plugs out of the way of the light switch.

FYI...I think that most cabins have similar plugs.

The bathroom has a non-polarized plug. I wanted to use a night light in that plug and went to a large hardware shop where they took my plug adapter and the key person cut and filed down one of the pins and guess what it fits and works fine.

Besides the 2 plugs at the desk where the phone is there is also another plug behind the TV.

See my photos below.

Any questions please ask.

Tom:)

DSC_0086.jpg.5bd3536ccbccdb57c4cc3b590d6d668f.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg.565c11ab99da15f60784aa2a66d2de13.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg.f5b30b02050b6933d7d58f0db6aee7b6.jpg

The bathroom has a non-polarized plug. I wanted to use a night light in that plug and went to a large hardware shop where they took my plug adapter and the key person cut and filed down one of the pins and guess what it fits and works fine.

Wow. That seems pretty careless. I hope you know that burned-down ship is coming out of your allowance, young man.

Wow. That seems pretty careless. I hope you know that burned-down ship is coming out of your allowance, young man.

A bit extreme but could imagine what would happen if everyone on your deck brought a power strip and plugged in 200 watt appliances. The reality is most of us have just too many iGizmos to charge :D

I have a question about the outlets on Caribbean Princess....as I pack for our cruise in a few weeks. I'm bringing a plug that turns 1 outlet into 3 (don't know what it's called...haha)

Anyway, are the outlets on CB grounded (3 prong)? or the older 2 prong type?

I just got off the CB and used a power strip to charge all our equipment. The plug is located on the desk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk