Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Danish Viking, Thank you for your information...can you tell me how you would get from Oceankaj to the Copenhagen Go hotel in Kastrup? We are staying one night before flying home..planning on going to the aquarium for the afternoon from there, it looks close...thanks!

Very easy.

Take bus 25 or 27 to Østerport and then take a airport bound train to Tårnby.

The hotel is almost across the street from the station entrance.

Danish viking, we are a family of 4, 2 adults and two teens, probably with 2 large suitcases and some carry ons. I was going to taxi to 71 Nyhavn from CPH, but would do the metro if it would be easy to manage the luggage. What do you think? We are landing on a Monday at 1pm.

Thank you so much for all your help. I found some walking tours you mapped and that was enormously helpful.

The trip to Kongens Nytorv metro station is easy.

But the walk to the hotel will take you past the metro construction site and through the crowded section of Nyhavn.

And it will be cobblestone for a huge part of the way,

Off course its only and issue if you have problems with that kind of surface :)

So King, I've been reading all of these wonderful logistical tips about Copenhagen. What is it fun to do, beyond the usual tourist stuff? If I'm just there overnight, so a day, what neighbourhood would you suggest if we just wanted to explore a bit and soak up the atmosphere--something off the beaten path? (We are older, so not terribly energetic, but can walk, and are used to taking public transportation.) We haven't decided how long we'll take in Copenhagen, won't be there until August 2018.

The meatpacking district is very trendy but else I think you have to get out of the city in order to explore something else.

The fishing village of Dragør is worth a visit and so is the coastal towns in Northern Zealand.

Hello Danish viking: I hate to keep bothering you but I was only able to google 2 places (private car service), the others were not found. Two companies never answered my email and one cost more than I wish to pay. So sorry, can I have the other CPH bus' email and any other you can think of. I am very, very grateful for your assistance in this difficult matter. Thank You very much!

@Danish Viking

Can I ask if you know anything about Comfort Hotel Vesterbro? From what I can see it's an ok hotel in the middle range.

We have booked room for a night there pre cruise.

Thanks

Hello Danish viking: I hate to keep bothering you but I was only able to google 2 places (private car service), the others were not found. Two companies never answered my email and one cost more than I wish to pay. So sorry, can I have the other CPH bus' email and any other you can think of. I am very, very grateful for your assistance in this difficult matter. Thank You very much!

I will see what I can do

@Danish Viking

Can I ask if you know anything about Comfort Hotel Vesterbro? From what I can see it's an ok hotel in the middle range.

We have booked room for a night there pre cruise.

Thanks

I am not familiar with that hotel but the Comfort chain is very popular in Scandinavia.

I know they will build a 500 room hotel at the airport so I assume that they attract some costumers. :D

Have you searched on TripAdvisor?

I am not familiar with that hotel but the Comfort chain is very popular in Scandinavia.

I know they will build a 500 room hotel at the airport so I assume that they attract some costumers. :D

Have you searched on TripAdvisor?

I did look around when I booked the hotel, and it looks like the reviews is fairly good actually. It have better reviews than the other I booked first.

Can you tell me who you have contacted.

I have kids at age 2 and 4. From the Visit Copenhagen website, it says with the 24-hour bus ticket, each adult can take 2 kids of under age of12 for free. And I found that most places (except Tycho Brahe and Den Bla Planet) are free for my kids. So my question is, do I have to get City Pass or Copenhagen Card for them?

*Edit* Sorry, I should have done my research before posting. Found that City Pass let me take 2 kids under 12 for free, and Copenhagen Card let me take 2 kids under 10 for free

Edited by hisleepy
update with answer to my own question

They asked me to mail them an international check now. ( you will receive an invoice and pay, as soon as you can, you have to pay before arrival.) I want to use a credit card but they said No Credit Cards!

But then you are putting up obstructions for yourself :-)

I don't know if its the same for the other companies will I will collect a few that you can choose from.

Adrian

http://adrian-bus.dk/

Lyngby Turistfart

http://www.lyngbyturistfart.dk/contact-us.html

Egon´s

http://www.coachincopenhagen.com/

Strøby Turist

http://stroebyturist.dk/

Holger Danske

http://www.holgerdanske.dk/

Edelskov Bus

http://www.edelskov.dk/Default.aspx?ID=285

And many many more :D

I think you have a better change at Nørreport because Nordhavn seems to be a more quiter area with very little traffic.

Østerport would be my next choice but its currently under reconstruction until 2019 so I think Nørreport is the safest choice,

We have a cruise on the Serenade August 26, 2017 and we are not sure of which Port we will leave from but wanted to know what our best option is from the Hotel Bethel to the cruise port. I haven't checked with our Roll Call but we have around #40 staying there so am sure many will do their own transportation. Is Taxi the best for 2 people.

I think you have a better change at Nørreport because Nordhavn seems to be a more quiter area with very little traffic.

Østerport would be my next choice but its currently under reconstruction until 2019 so I think Nørreport is the safest choice,

dank je!