Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Grat news.

BC Hospitality Group that runs Crowne Plaza, Bella Sky (AC Hotel) and Marriott will run a shuttle between Oceankaj and the 3 hotels on 65 selected days during the cruise season.

Prices are 125 kroner for adults and 75 for childrens.

I will see if I can find more info about departures, travel time, what until what ages they are childrens etc etc.

Btw its the same company that runs a shuttle from the airport to their hotels.

We're at the AC Bella in Aug. Our cruise leaves from Langelinie (Quay 190). I assume we would be out of luck to take this shuttle? There are no ships at Oceankaj that day.

Also I believe there was a bit of discussion on the 2016 thread about the Copenhagen card and when it makes sense to get it and when it doesn't. Does anyone have a link to what part of the thread had that in it? I meant to save it and didn't.

Thanks for your tireless efforts here answering everyone's questions.

We have a cruise on the Serenade August 26, 2017 and we are not sure of which Port we will leave from but wanted to know what our best option is from the Hotel Bethel to the cruise port. I haven't checked with our Roll Call but we have around #40 staying there so am sure many will do their own transportation. Is Taxi the best for 2 people.

Its Oceankaj.

The taxi is of course the easiest way but else you have 2 other options.

Take the metro to Nørreport from Kongens Nytorv and catch bus 25 from there.

Or

Take bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv to Østerport and catch bus 25 or 27 from there.

Remember to not use the first bus stop at Østerport but the second one.

We're at the AC Bella in Aug. Our cruise leaves from Langelinie (Quay 190). I assume we would be out of luck to take this shuttle? There are no ships at Oceankaj that day.

Also I believe there was a bit of discussion on the 2016 thread about the Copenhagen card and when it makes sense to get it and when it doesn't. Does anyone have a link to what part of the thread had that in it? I meant to save it and didn't.

Thanks for your tireless efforts here answering everyone's questions.

The website has a calculator that shows how many money you save.

Only downside that for transportation it counts the 130 kroner 24 hour transportation card but if you only stay inside travel zones 1 to 4 then only the 80 kroner city pass is needed.

So unless you are travelling outside the city then take 50 kroners from the money you save.

http://www.copenhagencard.com/

Danish Viking - I am sailing on the Zuiderdam August 11 and staying at the Marriott. I wrote the Marriott and they tell me there is no shuttles scheduled that day to the port and a taxi would run 350-450kr. Do I have any other transportation options from the Marriott?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Danish viking: Thank you very, very much for all the suggestions! :D I received my offers and they are about the same, give or take a little. Since I was contacted first by stroebyturist, I am considering using them. You are an excellent, helpful, kind person and I am grateful for your taking the time to help us travellers. What do you think of my choice? Have a wonderful day. :)

Hi Viking

Outstanding help. Many thanks.

Question: Do Taxis from port to airport take credit cards. Do they take USD at a fair price?

They probably take USD but not at a fair price, if I was you I will go with the credit card.

Danish Viking - I am sailing on the Zuiderdam August 11 and staying at the Marriott. I wrote the Marriott and they tell me there is no shuttles scheduled that day to the port and a taxi would run 350-450kr. Do I have any other transportation options from the Marriott?

Yes walk to the central station, take any northbound train to Østerport and then catch bus 25 and 27 from there.

Danish viking: Thank you very, very much for all the suggestions! :D I received my offers and they are about the same, give or take a little. Since I was contacted first by stroebyturist, I am considering using them. You are an excellent, helpful, kind person and I am grateful for your taking the time to help us travellers. What do you think of my choice? Have a wonderful day. :)

Our supporters club actually used Strøby Turist before the other company you contacted first became sponsor of our soccer club (HB Køge if you are interested)

Just like the new one we always had friendly drivers and comfortable busses, their mini busses are relatively new so you wont get an old bus.

Danish Viking: can you pay with credit card for hotdogs at the hotdog stands?

I´m not sure, but my local hot dog stand near my workplace here in Køge doesn´t accept cards.

It has to be said that with the rising popularity with mobile phone payments (like Mobile Pay) they don´t need to accept credit cards as often as before.

Do you mind sharing how much is the offer? We have 4 families travelling together, and I wonder if there is any options cheaper than taxi.

I was planning to take metro and bus 25, however based on an earlier post, it seems that we there is a chance that we might not be able to catch the bus. :(

Do you mind sharing how much is the offer? We have 4 families travelling together, and I wonder if there is any options cheaper than taxi.

I contacted a few of the bus companies from Post #272, further back on this thread. I rented a minibus to get from Oceankaj to the airport and it cost 1500 DKK. For me it was cheaper than paying $30 per person to NCL. I saved $150. You need to do your math. We were worried about getting on the taxi line because we had an early flight. If you have time, 4 taxis may be cheaper.

[Danish Viking, Am I to understand correctly that my husband and I should not have trouble finding a taxi to get to oceankaj terminal 3 on June 29? We arrive at 3:40 pm and presume we won't have any time to see highlights of Copenhagen before our 9:00 ship Marina departure. Do you agree?

Thanks.

Tea 3

The taxi is of course the easiest way but else you have 2 other options.

Take the metro to Nørreport from Kongens Nytorv and catch bus 25 from there.

Or

Take bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv to Østerport and catch bus 25 or 27 from there.

Remember to not use the first bus stop at Østerport but the second one.

Its that time of the year again when I go to Roskilde Festival do I probably won't be a leg to reply for the next week or so.

Now your sharp mind thinks, hey isn't it first tomorrow that the festival starts, and yes you are correct.

But I'm going to a friends house one hour or so away from here to celebrate Sankt Hans tonight.

Technically its Midsummer celebration even thought Midsummer was Wednesday, why its celebrated today there is probably a good explanation for but I don't know it.

So those of you that are in Copenhagen tonight I suggest that you go to Tivoli or one of the many other places in Copenhagen that has Bonfires tonight.

It's very cosy.

Its that time of the year again when I go to Roskilde Festival do I probably won't be a leg to reply for the next week or so.

Now your sharp mind thinks, hey isn't it first tomorrow that the festival starts, and yes you are correct.

But I'm going to a friends house one hour or so away from here to celebrate Sankt Hans tonight.

Technically its Midsummer celebration even thought Midsummer was Wednesday, why its celebrated today there is probably a good explanation for but I don't know it.

So those of you that are in Copenhagen tonight I suggest that you go to Tivoli or one of the many other places in Copenhagen that has Bonfires tonight.

It's very cosy.

Enjoy!