VOLGA cruise questions (cabin & date selection)

senem

Hi there,

I'm planning to go on a river cruise on the Volga next summer. This will be my first river cruise experience and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm 33 and I will be travelling with my mom.

So here are my questions:

1) How bad are lower decks? We are thinking of getting a cabin on the main deck but I wanna hear your thoughts on this. (The ship will be either MS Krasin/MS Karamzin or MS Litvinov/MS Chekhov)

2) We have two date options: 6th June or 28th June. It will be a 10days itinerary either ways. Which date sounds better?

I'm sure I will have more questions after booking the cruise but these are all for now.

Thanks for your help and wish you all a great day/night. :)

We just returned from a Volga cruise on the Lev Tolstoy. Based on our weather experience, I would select the later cruise.

As far as which deck, I do not think the ship has elevators, so pick a deck with the least amount of stair climbing. We were on the main deck, but had to go down one deck to the dining room, and 2 decks to leave the ship.

We enjoyed our cruise in spite of the weather.

The story and pictures are on our website. We are happy to answer any questions.

• 8 months later...
Hi there,

I'm planning to go on a river cruise on the Volga next summer. This will be my first river cruise experience and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm 33 and I will be travelling with my mom.

So here are my questions:

1) How bad are lower decks? We are thinking of getting a cabin on the main deck but I wanna hear your thoughts on this. (The ship will be either MS Krasin/MS Karamzin or MS Litvinov/MS Chekhov)

2) We have two date options: 6th June or 28th June. It will be a 10days itinerary either ways. Which date sounds better?

I'm sure I will have more questions after booking the cruise but these are all for now.

Thanks for your help and wish you all a great day/night. :)

We went in July, and Moscow was very hot and humid but it got better once we left there and were in route to St. Petersburg.

Can you tell us which ship you choose, and post a review when you get back?