TO: All those STILL having problems getting double points from Barclay

rgmacm

Yes...I'm among that number who fought for over a month to get our double points in May...

Then made a 'test payment' (before our HUGE final payment) in June to see if things worked right (They didn't....) I called...was assured everything was fixed...made the final payment...then spent 45 min. on the phone to get double points for THAT purchase...

Then, got an upsell offer last week...made the payment...and spent a VERY UNHAPPY phone call today to get double points for that... (after 3 mos, I'd lost all patience....)

Yep...I have more 'experience' than I ever wanted with this...

For those who didn't see previous posts or know about this issue...and to add a bit of knowledge gained today, I share this. :)

1) Don't waste time calling the ph # on the back of the card. That goes to someplace in "Timbuktu"...and accomplishes NOTHING. Instead, call the Managers number - 866-928-3106. That number has been reserved for 'special' cases...and takes you to someone who speaks English...and who can actually give you the points RIGHT THEN...ON THE PHONE. I was logged on to my acct and wouldn't get off the phone until they appeared. (They are unhappy this # has been shared here.....just fyi....)

2) (...and this is what I learned today) There is a phrase, that when spoken, changes the whole demeanor of the conversation...gets balls rolling and things accomplished. That phrase is "cruise critic". Yep...when you say "This is ALL over Cruise Critic...people are upset there...talking about it...." things begin to happen....

It was amazing....I wasn't really getting anywhere...She kept referring back to the case I opened in Mid-June (which was resolved with that 45 min. phone call...) and telling me to wait a little longer on that - while ignoring my current issue of the missing double points for our upsell purchase last week. I was getting NO WHERE until I said the magic words.

I have my double points now...and am now sharing not only the phone no. (which has been shared here before but is probably buried in the archives by now) but also the 'magic words" :D:D ---to help others who may have been waiting and waiting and waiting with no results...

This card has been so challenging to use...after our cruise, Im just going back to our 3% cashback on the Costco card...no hassle...no phone calls...no 'fight'.... Looking forward to the 'break'.... :D:D

Edited by rgmacm

Yes...I'm among that number who fought for over a month to get our double points in May...

This card has been so challenging to use...after our cruise, Im just going back to our 3% cashback on the Costco card...no hassle...no phone calls...no 'fight'.... Looking forward to the 'break'.... :D:D

And, the Costco card gives you 1.5 times the value of the Barclay card. Good move.

The only disadvantage of the Costco card is that the cash back only happens once a year. We cash our Costco refund and put the money in an envelope which we take with us to cover expenses on the cruise.

And, the Costco card gives you 1.5 times the value of the Barclay card. Good move.

The only disadvantage of the Costco card is that the cash back only happens once a year. We cash our Costco refund and put the money in an envelope which we take with us to cover expenses on the cruise.

The Costco card is a good card, but it doesn't give you as much back on a Princess travel purchase. The Costco card pays 3% back on travel. The Barclay card pays 4% back on Princess travel if you use the points against a large enough Princess purchase.

The Costco card is a good card, but it doesn't give you as much back on a Princess travel purchase. The Costco card pays 3% back on travel. The Barclay card pays 4% back on Princess travel if you use the points against a large enough Princess purchase.

Does not do much good when you have to fight to get your reward every time.

Really? Not according to the Barclay website: "Earning Points: Cardmembers will receive one (1) Princess Point for every one U.S. dollar ($1.00) of Net purchases made on the Account rounded to the nearest dollar and two (2) Princess Points for every one U.S. dollar ($1.00) of Net Purchases from Princess Cruise Lines including online and onboard purchases. Cash Advances are not eligible for Points."

Really? Not according to the Barclay website: "Earning Points: Cardmembers will receive one (1) Princess Point for every one U.S. dollar ($1.00) of Net purchases made on the Account rounded to the nearest dollar and two (2) Princess Points for every one U.S. dollar ($1.00) of Net Purchases from Princess Cruise Lines including online and onboard purchases. Cash Advances are not eligible for Points."

As you quoted, you receive two points for each dollar spent on a Princess purchase.

When you redeem your points against a Princess purchase of $4,001 or greater within the last 180 days, you receive 2% on the redemption.

If you spend $5,000 on Princess, you receive 100 points. Then you redeem those 100 points against that $5,000 purchase, and you receive $200 statement credit. That looks like 4% to me.

As you quoted, you receive two points for each dollar spent on a Princess purchase.

When you redeem your points against a Princess purchase of $4,001 or greater within the last 180 days, you receive 2% on the redemption.

If you spend $5,000 on Princess, you receive 100 points. Then you redeem those 100 points against that $5,000 purchase, and you receive $200 statement credit. That looks like 4% to me.

You're description doesn't match anything on the Barclay/Princess website. I don't see anything about receiving points for redeeming points. Can you direct me?

While many people have described their difficulties in getting credit for their points, I've yet to see anyone describe any issues with getting their cash back from Costco.

The Costco card gives cash back on all travel, not just Princess cruise line. You can get the 3% on hotels, rental cars, restaurants, etc. BTW, the cash back is combinable with all promotions and discounts.

The Costco card gives cash back on all travel, not just Princess cruise line. You can get the 3% on hotels, rental cars, restaurants, etc. BTW, the cash back is combinable with all promotions and discounts.

The Costco card also charges a 3% foreign transaction fee, so on your travel you effectively get back 0.

The Costco card also charges a 3% foreign transaction fee, so on your travel you effectively get back 0.

Only on the things I charge where foreign transaction fees apply. If there is a foreign transaction fee, then it is offset by the 3% cash back.

Every where else, I receive 3% cash back.

Edited by RocketMan275

Thanks for sharing the phone number. I have been waiting a couple of weeks to get the points corrected. I have been assured it will be fixed when my statement arrives... If not I will call the number provided.

So sad that after years with zero problems with this card they somehow have messed up such a simple thing...

You're description doesn't match anything on the Barclay/Princess website. I don't see anything about receiving points for redeeming points. Can you direct me?

I did not say you receive points for redeeming points. I said you receive 2% when redeeming - $2 for each 100 points redeemed.

My calculation was a little off but the result was correct, since you receive one point for each dollar, or two points for each Princess dollar. If you spend $5,000 on Princess, then you receive 10,000 points. When you redeem at 2%, you receive $200 (or 4% of the $5,000 spent).

On the BarclayCard website under Rewards & Benefits > Using My Points: Look under Statement Credits for the answer to the question "What's the best redemption value among eligible transactions?"

I've had my card for a number of years. I do not use my card to cash in points for a statement credit. I use my points to get OBC's on my Princess cruises. I have never had a problem using my card.....:):):)

Bob

I've had my card for a number of years. I do not use my card to cash in points for a statement credit. I use my points to get OBC's on my Princess cruises. I have never had a problem using my card.....:):):)

Bob

Right, but you're only getting 1:1 credit that way. The statement credits give you up to 2:1 credit.

I did not say you receive points for redeeming points. I said you receive 2% when redeeming - $2 for each 100 points redeemed.

My calculation was a little off but the result was correct, since you receive one point for each dollar, or two points for each Princess dollar. If you spend $5,000 on Princess, then you receive 10,000 points. When you redeem at 2%, you receive $200 (or 4% of the $5,000 spent).

On the BarclayCard website under Rewards & Benefits > Using My Points: Look under Statement Credits for the answer to the question "What's the best redemption value among eligible transactions?"

Thanks for posting that. You're correct, you can get up to 4% under certain conditions. The purchase must be on Princess (2%) and the redemption must be for a Princess credit (2%).

Can you explain what "Loyalty Edge" is? ("You may redeem Points for airfare, hotel and car rentals when you book using Loyalty Edge on BarclaycardUS.com"")

Thanks for posting that. You're correct, you can get up to 4% under certain conditions. The purchase must be on Princess (2%) and the redemption must be for a Princess credit (2%).

Can you explain what "Loyalty Edge" is? ("You may redeemPoints for airfare, hotel and car rentals when you book using Loyalty Edge on BarclaycardUS.com"")

I have no idea about any redemption option other than for a statement credit against a Princess purchase of $4,001 or more within the last 180 days. Since this is the only option that gives the 2% and since I always have a Princess purchase of $4,001 within the last 180 days:), I'm not interested in any of the other options.

For those who redeem for OBC, you may want to reconsider. Not only do you get more money by redeeming for a statement credit, you can then purchase the OBC and get double points for that OBC purchase also. You have to redeem 40,000 points for OBC to get more than 1%, and then you only get 1.25%.

Comparison of statement credit and OBC redemption for a $5,000 Princess purchase. In both cases, you earn 10,000 points for the original $5,000 Princess purchase:

• OBC: Redeem 10,000 points for $100 OBC. You have received 2% of your original purchase in OBC.
  • Statement Credit: Redeem 10,000 points against the Princess purchase for $200 in statement credit. You have received 4% of your original purchase in statement credit, but it gets even better, since you wanted OBC. Spend the $200 you received in statement credit on OBC, and you will receive another 400 points, which you will be able to redeem for an additional $8 in statement credit. Spend that $8 on OBC and you will receive another 16 points, worth $0.32 in statement credit. So you would receive a total of $208.32 in OBC for the $5,000 Princess purchase, or a total of 4.17% of your original purchase in OBC.

I have no idea about any redemption option other than for a statement credit against a Princess purchase of $4,001 or more within the last 180 days. Since this is the only option that gives the 2% and since I always have a Princess purchase of $4,001 within the last 180 days:), I'm not interested in any of the other options.

For those who redeem for OBC, you may want to reconsider. Not only do you get more money by redeeming for a statement credit, you can then purchase the OBC and get double points for that OBC purchase also. You have to redeem 40,000 points for OBC to get more than 1%, and then you only get 1.25%.

Comparison of statement credit and OBC redemption for a $5,000 Princess purchase. In both cases, you earn 10,000 points for the original $5,000 Princess purchase:

• OBC: Redeem 10,000 points for $100 OBC. You have received 2% of your original purchase in OBC.
  • Statement Credit: Redeem 10,000 points against the Princess purchase for $200 in statement credit. You have received 4% of your original purchase in statement credit, but it gets even better, since you wanted OBC. Spend the $200 you received in statement credit on OBC, and you will receive another 400 points, which you will be able to redeem for an additional $8 in statement credit. Spend that $8 on OBC and you will receive another 16 points, worth $0.32 in statement credit. So you would receive a total of $208.32 in OBC for the $5,000 Princess purchase, or a total of 4.17% of your original purchase in OBC.

Suppose you spend $1000 on airfare, $400 on hotel rooms, and $200 on meals. How much credit do you get?

Suppose you spend $4000 on a Holland Cruise. How much do you get on your Princess card?

Hi everyone - I'll let y'all duke it out on this card vs. ........ card. I did want to chime in as I'm among those who does have the card, uses it exclusively for Princess purchases, and only redeems points as a statement credit as it is the best ratio/value. I'm also one of those who has had points in "limbo land" recently after making payments toward two cruises that, when properly calculated, would merit a $50 statement credit. After reading through this thread I called the phone number the OP provided (thank you) and spoke to a CSR . Apparently the system has a glitch that is flagging purchases that have "passages" in them incorrectly (1 pt. vs. 2) and a "fix" is in the works. I did use the magic "cruise critic" words - and the CSR was very helpful - my missing points were added while we spoke and she went ahead and processed the statement credit, so a 5 minute phone call did the trick. Hope this helps anyone who has missing points.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then made a 'test payment' (before our HUGE final payment) in June to see if things worked right (They didn't....) I called...was assured everything was fixed...made the final payment...then spent 45 min. on the phone to get double points for THAT purchase...

Then, got an upsell offer last week...made the payment...and spent a VERY UNHAPPY phone call today to get double points for that... (after 3 mos, I'd lost all patience....)

Yep...I have more 'experience' than I ever wanted with this...

For those who didn't see previous posts or know about this issue...and to add a bit of knowledge gained today, I share this. :)

1) Don't waste time calling the ph # on the back of the card. That goes to someplace in "Timbuktu"...and accomplishes NOTHING. Instead, call the Managers number - 866-928-3106. That number has been reserved for 'special' cases...and takes you to someone who speaks English...and who can actually give you the points RIGHT THEN...ON THE PHONE. I was logged on to my acct and wouldn't get off the phone until they appeared. (They are unhappy this # has been shared here.....just fyi....)

2) (...and this is what I learned today) There is a phrase, that when spoken, changes the whole demeanor of the conversation...gets balls rolling and things accomplished. That phrase is "cruise critic". Yep...when you say "This is ALL over Cruise Critic...people are upset there...talking about it...." things begin to happen....

It was amazing....I wasn't really getting anywhere...She kept referring back to the case I opened in Mid-June (which was resolved with that 45 min. phone call...) and telling me to wait a little longer on that - while ignoring my current issue of the missing double points for our upsell purchase last week. I was getting NO WHERE until I said the magic words.

I have my double points now...and am now sharing not only the phone no. (which has been shared here before but is probably buried in the archives by now) but also the 'magic words" :D:D ---to help others who may have been waiting and waiting and waiting with no results...

Thank you. I am waiting on cases for double points and statement credit. Let me see what happens when i call that number.

Suppose you spend $1000 on airfare, $400 on hotel rooms, and $200 on meals. How much credit do you get?

Suppose you spend $4000 on a Holland Cruise. How much do you get on your Princess card?

You get 1 per cent. It's a Princess card so that's where the big benefits are. There is a HAL card with Barclays.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just happened to see these posts. So glad I did because I wondered why my double points didn't show on my Princess Card! Thank you for the helpful posts! [emoji568][emoji41]

Yes us also. Thought this problem was fixed. We paid for a cruise on the 13th of July, and sure enough, we only got one point. Called the "secret number" and they fixed it immediately and with some bonus points added.

From now on, we are checking all cruise payments. Thanks for the heads up.

You get 1 per cent. It's a Princess card so that's where the big benefits are. There is a HAL card with Barclays.

I thought that with the new Princess card features it included double points for charges to any CCL Corp owned cruise line. Can anyone verify this?

To :RGMACM (op)

a really BIG thank you for taking the time to post this information. I checked my princess visa card and sure enough i was only given 1 point for a recent $4800 purchase with princess. With your information and phone number it took me only 4 minutes on the phone to fix it. the explanation that the very kind and efficient agent gave me was exactly what you were told.

Due to past minor issues, i have thought more than once about canceling this card, and use it exclusively for purchases from princess cruise line.

thanks again!

Well, I tried that secret number today, and it didn't work. My Princess purchases got only one point, and I talked to Latiffe who said he was the manager of the department, would not give me to his boss, only said the case was opened and it would be corrected within 30 days. So, it is time to try to directly through to the rewards department.