Pay reduced rate for upgrade at port?

hmk012

I've never heard of anyone switching cabins while checking in at the port. I've always seen a sign stating the sailing is full, and there would be no upgrades. I think NCL makes sure it's a sold out ship.

That. I haven't heard of anyone upgrading at the pier.

I you want to self upgrade check NCL's website for available cabins Before you sail .

I went from an inside to an O/V for $60 a couple weeks before sailing .

We just did that for our cruise in Feb. we went from an inside cabin to a balcony for only $75 more.

Most ships sail full.

The checkin people can not do anything, even if there are cabins available.

When you get onboard, they will usually have a sign saying they are full and no changes are available.

Sadly, there is a portion of the population that thinks that airlines, hotels and cruise ships have extra rooms/seats just to give away or sell cheap. Sorry, but it rarely works that way (yes, it does happen, but very, very rare)

My point is that it never hurts to ask when checking in. We were directed to a different line and since they did have availability we were able to pay the difference and upgrade. I believe we paid an extra $800 to go from an inside cabin to a balcony. But, I will tell you, on our upcoming cruise on the same ship, i was able to get the same cabin upgrade for only $75. Always watch the prices, especially a few weeks before sailing and if the price goes down then call and see if you can upgrade yourself. Trying to upgrade once you are on the ship is def too late. I too have see signs posted saying they are unable to upgrade. Hope this helps.