Our day in Cairo....a review

nursemom2

Thanks, excellent review! So there's no unrest going on in Egypt nowadays? We're going on a holy land cruise this October and if they cancel our stop at Israel, I'm hoping they replace it with Egypt instead. It's my dream to see Egypt too. Do you mind telling me which tour company you use in case I need one in the future? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great blog, Karan! But I couldn't help but be frightened by your experience with the mob, horse rider, beatings, etc. Didn't you feel in danger? Did you ever find out what was going on...robbery, religious fanaticism, political vengeance?? We are hoping to be able to visit Egypt sometime soon, but your description of such a volatile incident has me wondering. Would love to hear what any other recent visitors encountered.

What happened was they were rival groups that offered horse riding tours of the area. One group had strayed into another groups territory ! They were fighting over the tourist business! I never felt that I was in danger, our guide took good care if us, and he was aghast at the fighting.