Questions about the Dream

Mr and Mrs C

Hey there, we normally cruise NCL, and have loved cruising with them, but I'm looking at cruising on the Dream out of New Orleans for something different.

My family enjoys the 24 hour sports bar, O'Sheehans on NCL and we seem to consume a lot of wings in the course of the week! Is there somewhere on the Dream that offers wings that are included in the fare?

We also have enjoyed having the unlimited beverage package on NCL, and see it can be purchased for $49 per person per day. I'm thinking it's not likely worth it for my family to purchase the package, I'm wondering the price of drinks? For example, shots, rum and soda, or frozen fruity drinks?

Also wondering how the entertainment is? And if anyone can compare the Dream to any of NCL's ships? We have been on the Sun, Sky, Epic, Pearl, Gem, and the Getaway twice.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been on the Dream twice so far and will be the third this summer. Carnival does have wings available on the room service menu for a charge. I've never had them but what it now does have is Guy's burgers which is fabulous. And the 24 hour pizza is good and that's coming from a New Yorker lol :D As for the Cheers package depends on how much you drink if it's worth it. You can get 15 alcoholic drinks per day plus unlimited soda and specialty coffees. Beers are like $5, most drinks like pina coladas are $9. The good thing about Cheers is because you can, you try different things and don;t feel you have to finish it if you don't like it. NOLA is great - stay a few days before if you can - and make sure you're on deck sailing down the Mississippi - hopefully we'll see you on board - we're on the 8/13 sailing.

Just did Carnival Dream out of NOLA in December and did NCL Escape (ship with O'Shanahans) in June. You won't find a place like O'Shanahans on the Dream, that is a pretty nice area to hang out on NCL. I have over 15 Carnival cruises under my belt and I know food is very subjective, but based on food alone I'd pick the NCL cruise. We were not impressed with the food on the Dream and switched our cruises to Royal this year to see if the food going downhill is just a Carnival thing.

The common areas on the NCL ship were nicer than those on the Dream. Now the Dream was going to have a dry dock so hopefully that got it cleaned up a bit. But, would probably err on the side of NCL if having a choice.