Wifi questions

AmoMondo

On Favolosa in December we paid 9euros an hr plus 15% - that was us taking the 3hrs of internet which worked out a little cheaper than 1hr.

There was also a one off connection charge - think it was 2 or 3 euros to pay. Sorry I cannot remember exact amounts.

We got wifi in the cabin but it was painfully slow. All in all it was an expensive and frustrating business and we wouldnt buy it again.

Caryl

On Favolosa in December we paid 9euros an hr plus 15% - that was us taking the 3hrs of internet which worked out a little cheaper than 1hr.

There was also a one off connection charge - think it was 2 or 3 euros to pay. Sorry I cannot remember exact amounts.

We got wifi in the cabin but it was painfully slow. All in all it was an expensive and frustrating business and we wouldnt buy it again.

Caryl

Thanks for that Caryl. Was it any better any public areas?

I'll maybe just buy an hour to "test drive" it, before buying a package of more hours. MSC's used to be painfully slow but it has improved considerably recently and often works as fast as my connection at home.

Just back before Christmas from Costa Fortuna, Savona to Dubai. Wifi available all over the ship, but very slow in cabin. You need to use it late at night or early morning to get better speeds, since the more people using it the slower it gets. The set-up connection charge (only once) is Euros 3.50 whether you get a package or pay as you go. I would suggest getting the smallest package as the per minute charge is extortionate, then when you have used all your minutes buy another package to suit your needs.

These days a lot of the cruise terminals have free Wifi, but again you need to get online before the crew get ashore, as they are all in there using Skype, which really kills the speed.

Public area wasnt any better

Just one thing to tell you -make sure you know how to LOG OFF before you even go online with Costas wifi

My husband went on with my i phone and lost quitea few minutes as he couldnt find the log off info! Panic!

Caryl