Grand scenic ocean view rooms on carnival.

duegwb

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? I think it's a 6K category. It should be right above the bridge. If there are other threads about this please direct me in the right direction. This is my first cruise and I'm not really sure what to expect.

We stayed in 9201 on the Valor a month ago. We absolutly loved it. So much more space than a regular room and the views were amazing. We had a couple of days of rain, and because the windows are slanted, it just felt like you were at the cottage in the rain. Totally relaxing. We followed up that week with a week in a balcony room down the hall. I have always loved balconies in the past, but now I am a 6K lover.

Someone posted an excellent video on youtube that you should check out. There are at least a couple of them.

We stayed in 9201 on the Valor a month ago. We absolutly loved it. So much more space than a regular room and the views were amazing. We had a couple of days of rain, and because the windows are slanted, it just felt like you were at the cottage in the rain. Totally relaxing. We followed up that week with a week in a balcony room down the hall. I have always loved balconies in the past, but now I am a 6K lover.

Someone posted an excellent video on youtube that you should check out. There are at least a couple of them.

DW started cruising before me and went from a 4E interior to an 8B balcony with me. We then moved to 8D balcony on the Lido deck and we both love it. Now I'm scared she'll see more positive reviews for a 6K and have one of BRILLIANT ideas to try one of those for our next cruise. Trying and loving, and locking in a 6K sounds like such a financially responsible decision. I don't wish to tempt my DW with this BRILLIANT idea.

A picture is worth a thousand words: This is a category 6K (scenic grand ocean view). They are on the Glory, Conquest, Valor, and Sunshine (on lido deck all the way forward with forward-facing views). They are above the bridge. There are two category 6K cabins (one on each end) and four 6J (scenic ocean view) cabins in between. The 6Js are a little smaller than the 6Ks. Where this photo of a 6K shows 2 large windows side by side, the 6Js have only one window. Some of these cabins are designated for 4 passengers, and some are for 2 passengers. DSC00419.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words: This is a category 6K (scenic grand ocean view). They are on the Glory, Conquest, Valor, and Sunshine (on lido deck all the way forward with forward-facing views). They are above the bridge. There are two category 6K cabins (one on each end) and four 6J (scenic ocean view) cabins in between. The 6Js are a little smaller than the 6Ks. Where this photo of a 6K shows 2 large windows side by side, the 6Js have only one window. Some of these cabins are designated for 4 passengers, and some are for 2 passengers. DSC00419.jpg

Impressive!

I read somewhere that there's a walkway outside those staterooms -- are the windows mirrored or tinted so you don't have an audience of passersby when you're in your stateroom?

those are 4j and 4k rooms. I've heard good things about those too. But they don't match the views of the 6K and 6js!

Lucky! I was looking for next year and couldn't find one for any of the cruises I was interested in on the Glory or the Conquest.

I was on the breeze last week and we were going to book but they didn't have any available so we said we would wait and see what else was available we looked Saturday I just happened to check today and one was available to the conquest oct 2014

I read somewhere that there's a walkway outside those staterooms -- are the windows mirrored or tinted so you don't have an audience of passersby when you're in your stateroom?

That's a different type of room than what we're talking about here. We're talking about scenic OV rooms, where there is no walkway beyond the window. There won't be anyone out there. The rooms you're thinking of are still on other decks, but the lido's were converted to these scenic OV rooms on Glory, Conquest, Valor, & Sunshine.

Are these 6J's and 6k"s less expensive than a balcony? Also. since they are closer to the bow, how are they with noise or feeling more rocking?

I don't know about the noise or the motion, but the price would be less than a balcony under the same rate (Fun Select, Early Saver, etc). However, these unique rooms are sometimes not available to book with the cheaper rates, and then they have to be booked under Fun Select. That sometimes can make it more expensive, in the sense that a Fun Select scenic OV room is more expensive than an Early Saver balcony.

I have a 6J booked for the Sunshine on my cruise for next year. The 6K's on the Sunshine only are available for 4 person cabins. On the Glory they do have a 6K for just 2 so I'm thinking I may try that in the future. The prices I have seen are lower than balcony cabins and the only downside for those of us that like to price watch to get that lower price is there are only 6 of these cabins so if you are lucky enough to get one, there usually isn't any others available to get a price drop so you are stuck with your initial price. Which if you got a good rate you are happy with shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Are these 6J's and 6k"s less expensive than a balcony? Also. since they are closer to the bow, how are they with noise or feeling more rocking?

It really just depends on the cruise. I had a 6J booked for our Thanksgiving cruise, but a few weeks later it was about $200 cheaper to get a balcony. As much as we wanted to try this type of room, we decided to go with the balcony!

My wife and I have booked a 6k on the Sunshine...one of two 6k's on her...my friends have booked the other 6k...also just a husband and wife...so the 6k's on the Sunshine can be booked by less than 2 people.

Where are the Youtube videos of 6k's? I have only been able to find one showing the automatic blinds in action.

Maybe this will hep. I found out what our cabin looks like.. I am also a newbie.. Just go to the middle of the home page look for Carnival and follow the promps and it will take you to YOUR actual room pics.. Good luck.. Happy Cruiseing!!

Heres the link...

http://www.cruiselinerrooms.com

Edited by Snooky57

• 4 years later...
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933656

We stayed in one on the Glory a couple years back. This link has pictures. Best room we have had. Spent more time in the room than on any other cruise.

I know the view is just amazing. Now that’s what I truly call an ocean view room .

I am planning a cruise on liberty and unfortunately from what I am hearing they have neither grand scenic nor scenic ocean room

Two 6J scenic ocean view cabins were just added to the Paradise during its dry dock this year and they are on the Grand Deck 14. I had one booked, but had to cancel the cruise. We cruise the Paradise at least 3-4 times a year and I've tried to book another 6J, but they are always booked, even pretty far out into 2019.