Eurodam & Malt Shop cruise

beshears

Hello,

My husband and I are sailing November 2-9 on the Holland Eurodam Malt Shop Memory Cruise and we are both excited to be doing our very first cruise with such a great list of performers.

The highlight of the cruise would be if I could chat with Peter Noone and a few of the Beach Boys, who are both scheduled to perform on the cruise. :D

My daughter entered a contest through a local radio station and was picked as a winner for this cruise. She initially entered for the both of us to cruise because the cruise is so close to my birthday, November 10. She felt it would be a great birthday gift to me knowing my love for the Oldies. Unfortunately she and her husband were killed in an automobile accident in June of this year and now my husband is going along as my companion.

It will be a bittersweet trip and forever a "memory" cruise. I know she will be with us in spirit. :(

We are so excited and have no expectations except to have a great time. We are on Deck 5 and would love to meet other people to share our experience and offer advice to first time cruisers.

We have received our welcome box for the entertainment company that is sponsoring the cruise which included our Malt Shop tee shirts.

If anyone has suggestions for day excursions and night life, please let us know. :confused::confused::confused:

My heart just dropped when I read your 3rd paragraph!! I'm am so very sorry for your loss! What a beautiful and thoughtful daughter she must have been. What a wonderful attitude to take this trip in her honor and have those memories embrace you as you travel tool:-)

As far as suggestions for the trip, you will have a scheduled opportunity to talk with the performers, but you will probably also get the chance to talk with them in a chance meeting throughout the ship too:-)

Have you checked the "ports" forum on here for ideas on excursions, etc? Not sure which ports you'll be visiting, but when we went last year, we just debarked after breakfast and either walked around the port, or hired someone waiting outside the terminal to take us to the list of "must sees" we had compiled before-hand. At one port, we joined with others from the ship to hire a mini-van.

As far as night-life: there are so many venues going on that you will not be able to see them all! We found that if we went directly to our first choice after the "main" performance, we could have a leisurely drink/snack at the venue and get a good seat.(there was a 1/2 hour-45 minute wait for show). The other venues are small enough that you have to stand or sit where you can't see if you don't get there early enough:-(

Same thing goes for the pool-side performances of some of the better known performers. I found I wanted to move to the music or dance, so standing was actually better at times:-)

Enjoy the cruise! Please know our thoughts are with you and your husband too.

Hello,

My husband and I are sailing November 2-9 on the Holland Eurodam Malt Shop Memory Cruise and we are both excited to be doing our very first cruise with such a great list of performers.

The highlight of the cruise would be if I could chat with Peter Noone and a few of the Beach Boys, who are both scheduled to perform on the cruise. :D

My daughter entered a contest through a local radio station and was picked as a winner for this cruise. She initially entered for the both of us to cruise because the cruise is so close to my birthday, November 10. She felt it would be a great birthday gift to me knowing my love for the Oldies. Unfortunately she and her husband were killed in an automobile accident in June of this year and now my husband is going along as my companion.

It will be a bittersweet trip and forever a "memory" cruise. I know she will be with us in spirit. :(

We are so excited and have no expectations except to have a great time. We are on Deck 5 and would love to meet other people to share our experience and offer advice to first time cruisers.

We have received our welcome box for the entertainment company that is sponsoring the cruise which included our Malt Shop tee shirts.

If anyone has suggestions for day excursions and night life, please let us know. :confused::confused::confused:

• 3 months later...

Sparty1, I have a few questions, or maybe more. :) (Just wish I could have read your review, or know how I could see/read it.)

This will seem strange, but my friend and I (we live in Missouri) went to several shows where "named" entertainers were there in Branson, Missouri. We "always" dressed to the "9's." The entertainers would always compliment on how we dressed, compared to most people in the audience, which dressed casual, which was fine with us also. My question, it looks like a lot of people "dressed" with the poodle skirts, shoes, etc. Did you ever see other people that did not dress that way? I guess what I'm trying to say is we would prefer to dress to the "9's" as that is the clothes we have, and at our age (70) we are still working, and don't have time to make clothes for that era.

Question, are we allowed to take pictures of the entertainers while they are on stage, or if we cannot get that close to take a picture, can we get out of our seats to get close to the stage to get the picture?

Question, I told my friend I thought the rates of rooms run about $2,000 PP. Does that sound about right? Our problem, we have to pay for flight/transportation and insurance,which adds up too. :(

Question, have you found many entertainers "missing," that were mentioned to be entertainers on the cruise? In otherwords, the reason we would book is for the entertainers that are "listed," not ones that had to leave because some other assignment came up for them at that time.

Hopefully, you can understand my questions, and if not, feel free to ask what I meant?

If anyone else wants to add their pros/cons to my questions, feel free to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am sorry I'm late in getting back to you, but we just returned from another theme cruise by ECP! It was the CountryMusic cruise we took this time:) I will try to answer your questions the best I can:

These "themed "cruises are definitely very different in expectations than regular Carribbean cruises!!

Did you ever see other people that did not dress that way? I guess what I'm trying to say is we would prefer to dress to the "9's" -Yes, there were people (probably 40% who did not dress with the night's theme;a lady I traveled with has very elegant travel clothes, and chose to wear those instead) I chose not to dress each day/night in the "theme" also, as I couldn't see purchasing specialized clothing that I probably would not wear again. I did have some accent pieces I wore for certain themes(ie: Patriotic night, formal night, and a friend loaned me her poodle skirt and pop beads), and I painted some old white tennis shoes to look like "saddle shoes";) On one certain themed night for dinner, jeans and bandanas were the common dress(on that night you ladies MAY want to dress more casually elegant rather than "to the 9's) You will definitely see ppl all-dressed-up in theme wear, BUT feel free to dress as you are comfortable with, because I don't think you could feel uncomfortable there in what your choice seems to be.

QUOTE=beshears;45245312]Sparty1, I have a few questions, or maybe more. :) (Just wish I could have read your review, or know how I could see/read it.)

Question, are we allowed to take pictures of the entertainers while they are on stage, or if we cannot get that close to take a picture, can we get out of our seats to get close to the stage to get the picture?The Main shows that are held in the MainShowLounge, you are not allowed to take photos or video of the artists. You can take pictures of them at other venues(bars,lounges,pool-side stages,etc)that they perform in. There are also Q/A's with the artists, signature, cooking and photo seminars. You will see them constantly throughout the ship, some will lead excursions, etc. I had my picture taken with Neil Sadaka's arm around me when we were at the elevator!

Question, rates of rooms run about $2,000 PP. Does that sound about right? Yes. Rates usually 1800-3900, depending on cabin category(your tips are part of the payment)We figured the cost of tix per concert, for 30 performers for 7 days, mileage to/from venue, parking each time, food, accommodations(plus the P_O_C's and all the special presents they give you) and it seemed worth the cost(even though expensive!)

Question, have you found many entertainers "missing," that were mentioned to be entertainers on the cruise? No, we didn't. The artists seem to really look forward to this opportunity! Seems to be high on their list.

Hope I could help some with your planning! Go if you can and enjoy!!

• 4 months later...

Sorry this is 6 months after the OP's questions but since we were on the MSMC in November last year on the Eurodam, I thought I'd post a link to my review. It was one of the best cruises we've ever been on. It is now sold out for 2015 but I understand there is a waiting list.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=266365

Thanks for the review on the ship.

I was hoping you were going to do a "review" on the entertainers, and what all you did? In otherwords, what were all the activities, etc. that the entertainers did with the people?

Thanks for the review on the ship.

I was hoping you were going to do a "review" on the entertainers, and what all you did? In otherwords, what were all the activities, etc. that the entertainers did with the people?

Oh my....there were so many activities with the entertainers that I don't think I could possibly get them all in here so I'm referring back to the schedule they gave us when we boarded ship, (just as some examples):

Day 1: Brenda Lee was saying 'hi' to everyone at the forward staircase as we came in from muster drill (got my photo with her then!), interview with Martha Reeves (of the Vandellas) at the Ocean Bar (televised and rebroadcast on our stateroom TV's), Welcome show with Herman's Hermits featuring Peter Noone for 2nd seating guests, same show again later that night for 1st seating guests, dance party on deck, Elvis tribute artists in the Crow's Nest at 11pm, late night comedy with Joe Piscopo until wee hours.

Day 2: Morning Trivia with some of the entertainers, Q&A with the Duprees, Elvis Tribute gospel hour (it was Sunday after all), T shirt party at the pool with Jan & Dean's Beach Party (complimentary cocktails!), Cajun Cooking Demonstration with Lloyd Price, Q&A with Herman (Peter Noone), rock n roll dance class, Surf Craze presentation with Dean Torrence, celebrity bingo with the Excellents, Cocktail hour with Al "Lil Fats' Jackson, live TV interview with Peter Noone in the Ocean Bar, showtime with Martha & the Vandellas and Lloyd Price for 2nd seating guests, The Duprees performing in the Queen's Lounge (that was packed!!!), tribute to Buddy Holly in Ocean Bar, Monday night Football with Joe Piscopo in the lounge, Showtime with Dion for 1st seating guests, sock hops all evening long on deck, including your chance to sing with the band, a Marilyn Monroe tribute artist, late night movie was The Jersey Boys.

Day 3: in port so no activities planned before 4pm. We were supposed to dock in Falmouth, Jamaica but the wind closed the port so we went up the coast 20 miles to Montego Bay....how great is that???? Went to Margaritaville for drinks. Awesome! Afternoon trivia with some of the entertainers, Q&a with Lloyd Price, Cocktail hour with the Nelson twins (Ricky's sons), live TV interview with Dean Torrence (again, I got a seat right in the front row....no trying to get seats, plenty for everyone- he signed my T shirt afterwards).

Cher tribute artist in Ocean Bar, Elvis pajama party on pool deck with Elvis Tribute artists, late night movie 'Rock Around The Clock', late night concert with the Duprees in main show lounge., on deck pajama party continued.

Day 4: in port in Grand Cayman....I went diving. Saw quite a few of the performers in the tenders getting off the ship for shopping) After leaving CG in the afternoon, there were the Elvis impersonators in the 'Jungle Room' (Crow's Nest), Gong Show with Joe Piscopo and Nelson twins with Jerry Blavat in Queen's Lounge, Showtime with Jan & Dean's Beach Party in main show lounge for 2nd seating guests, The Excellents performed in the Ocean Bar, Beach Party under the stars on pool deck (with the stars!), late night movie 'La Bamba', Late night comedy with Joe Piscopo in main show lounge, Swing those Hips dance party in nightclub. Quite a few entertainers went to the lounges for cocktails after their performances and mingled with everyone, chatting, signing, taking photos....amazing.

Day 5: in port in Cozumel (got my photo taken on the dock with Martha Reeves), nothing onboard until 5pm.....the live TV interview with The Temptations in the Ocean Bar, BarBQue under the stars with the stars on pool deck, Showtime with The Drifters & Brenda Lee for 2nd seating guests, The Cameos in the Ocean Bar, Showtime with the Temptations for 1st seating guests, Country Elvis tribute in the Jungle Room, Rave On Tribute to Buddy Holly in Ocean Bar, Little Peggy March sang in the Queen's Lounge, late night movie 'Great Balls of Fire', Costume Party on pool deck hosted by Jerry Blavat and any entertainers who happen by.

Day 6: sea day.....Trivia with the entertainers in Queen's Lounge at 10am,

Jerry Blavat book signing with Brenda Lee in Crows Nest (Brenda signed a whole page in the front of his book for me!!), Ping Pong competition with the Cameos, Q&A with Dion, matinee concert on pool deck with the Legendary Teenagers (of Frankie Lymon fame- omg, they all had on white long sleeve suits in that blazin' hot sun.....whew!) Twisting On Deck and Hoola Hoop competition on deck, Q&A with Charlie Thomas of the Drifters in the Queen's Lounge, celebrity bingo with the Cameos, Legendary Teenagers interview in Queen's Lounge (after Charlie Thomas was on), Q&A with Little Peggy March in Crows Nest, live TV interview with Brenda Lee in Ocean Bar

(I sat right up front again....lots of seats....) Prom night with the Temptations in Main Show Lounge for 2nd seating guests, Family Feud with the entertainers in Queen's Lounge, 1st seating guests Main Lounge show with Temtations & Brenda Lee, Elvis all request show in Jungle Room, the Cameos in the Ocean Bar, Prom Night with Little Peggy March & Jerry Blavat (they crowned a King & Queen of the Prom), late night movie 'The Buddy Holly Story, late night with anyone still up at midnight in the nightclub.

Day 7: in Key West....saw quite a few of the entertainers getting off, with luggage, some just to go shopping). Afternoon trivia with the Legendary Teenagers, Women only seminar with Brenda Lee & Little Peggy March in Crow's Nest, Cosmos with the Cameos in the Silk Den (Cosmos as in drinks),

live interview with Dion in Ocean Bar (got my photo with him right before he went onto the 'stage', while he was waiting), Farewell show with the Beach Boys for 2nd seating guests in the Main Show Lounge, The Cameos in the Ocean Bar, Al 'Lil Fats' Jackson in Queens Lounge, Farewell show with the Beach Boys for 1st seating guests (this show is when Dean Torrence and Dion joined the Beach Boys on stage....I thought I'd died & gone to heaven!) Your chance to sing with the band in Ocean Bar after that, an Elvis Tribute Artists Very Elvis Christmas in Jungle Room (it was November after all....), The Legendary Teenagers in Queens Lounge late evening.

Bars & lounges were full of entertainers, regular folks, some crew members, late into the evening.

Day 8: debarkation in Pt Everglades....entertainers were able to get off first with their luggage with some stopping and signing autographs with people getting coffee and waiting to get off the ship. We got off later.

Most of the entertainers were heading to the airport or to Ft Lauderdale hotels and some were still mingling around talking to passengers waiting for their rides mainly because the skies opened up and it poured!

I left quite a bit out of this so not every activity is listed here.

There were very few overlapping activities so plenty of time to go from one to the next, with a cocktail in between. :D

DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?????? Need I say more?

Needless to say, we're signed up for the Flower Power Cruise next February on Celebration Constellation. Gotta do it again!!!!:D

by the way beshears, I was born in KC. Jus' sayin'

Edited by Diver2014

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. You did an excellent job. :)

When I found out they were to have another one this year, by the time (not even a week later) I wanted to see about it, it was already booked full. :(

I do have a couple questions.

When you go into the theatre/lounges to see these artists,is it on a first come, first service basis, or do you have a number for seats, or what?

Now I know this is just "your opinion," but did it ever seem like when you wanted to talk with one of the entertainers, or take a picture with them, that you might be "bothering" them at that time?

Does most of the people on these cruises wear the saddle shoes/poodle skirts, etc.?

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. You did an excellent job. :)

When I found out they were to have another one this year, by the time (not even a week later) I wanted to see about it, it was already booked full. :(

When you go into the theatre/lounges to see these artists,is it on a first come, first service basis, or do you have a number for seats, or what?

Now I know this is just "your opinion," but did it ever seem like when you wanted to talk with one of the entertainers, or take a picture with them, that you might be "bothering" them at that time?

Does most of the people on these cruises wear the saddle shoes/poodle skirts, etc.?

Valid questions...by the way, the Malt Shop Memories Cruise is now in it's 5th year. Everything was first come, first serve but there were never crowds pushing and shoving if that's what you mean. There were plenty of seats in the lounges, late comers did stand at the back but you were free to come and go as you please. The shows are now first come first serve as well but the theaters are plenty big for each sitting. Before, the returning guests from previous years got reserved seats but I was told by Star Vista that they decided just to make it first come for everyone. The theater opened 15 minutes prior to show time and everyone calmly found seats and a lot of people then ordered drinks. It was all very informal and casual.

The ushers made sure no one saved seats and everyone was told to keep their party together to go into the theater. All the lounges and bars were just 'come on in, we're having a ball'. Everyone realized we were all there for the same reasons and it was great being with 2000 other like minded folks.

In my opinion, I think part of the entertainers contracts must have included a clause to meet and mingle with the passengers all week long. I think the only time they were 'off' was when they were in their stateroom....and then they were having parties in there with the other performers. It was all pretty casual all week. I was trying to take a photo of one of the Vogues when one of them saw me, tapped the others fellas on the shoulder and told them to 'turn around, look at me' (get it?) so I could get them all in.

The entertainers roamed the buffets talking with people, pulled up chairs at the bars, sat down on the pool deck with people, it was all in for everyone. You could stop any of them anywhere on the ship it seemed like, talk, get an autograph or photo and tell them about where you saw them performing 40 years ago and relive memories with them. Okay, maybe I'm stretching it a bit but I never saw any of them rush past anyone or not stop to talk.

On the MSMC cruise, there is a dance contest and a costume contest on the pool deck on a couple nights when everyone dressed up. Some people liked to wear their costumes all day, others just for the Prom Night. Most people wore their MSMC T Shirts everyday. It's whatever you feel like at any given time. Yes, there were a lot of poodle skirts and saddle shoes....and men in white coats with pink carnations! Regular cruise attire is fine. No shorts or T shirts in the dining rooms or specialty restaurants at dinner, of course.

Edited by Diver2014

Some wore the costumes but many did not ..We did not take any for the parties

When you book early they have reserved seating (number on back of seat)where you get to choose your seats in the theater ( you get a red or blue S & S card which dictates what time you can go to the show )

Those that do not have reserved seats line up just before the show & get to sit in any of the non reserved seats

we never had a problem getting seats on the 1st show

Not sure what cruise Diver was on but definitely not first come first serve for the shows in the theater ;)

Maybe she was talking about past yrs but 2014 you had reserved seats for those that booked early & the rest were open

I am surprised that you could not book during the 1st week

we waited until we got home to book for this yr & it was still open

Edited by LHT28

When you book early they have reserved seating (number on back of seat)where you get to choose your seats in the theater ( you get a red or blue S & S card which dictates what time you can go to the show )

Those that do not have reserved seats line up just before the show & get to sit in any of the non reserved seats

Not sure what cruise Diver was on but definitely not first come first serve for the shows in the theater ;)

Maybe she was talking about past yrs but 2014 you had reserved seats for those that booked early & the rest were open "

I talked to Star Vista last week when I booked our Flower Power cruise and the lady (Alex) told me they were not going to do the early booking or returning guests reserved seating this year. She said it would be general admission for everyone except those in the SAFE program, which you can see for yourself on the MSMC website.

"Not sure what cruise Diver was on but definitely not first come first serve for the shows in the theater" ;)

Yes it was.....for those of us who had not been on a previous MSMC or didn't book early, it was first come, first serve. I was there, I should know that the 4 of us had to find 4 seats together each night that weren't reserved. So, yes I was on THAT cruise, don't know where you were.

Quite a few people on the 2014 MSMC signed up for 2015 before they ever got off the ship.....maybe that's one reason it was sold out so soon.

Star Vista says the 2016 Flower Power cruise is 50% sold now.

Edited by Diver2014

Maybe she was talking about past yrs but 2014 you had reserved seats for those that booked early & the rest were open "

I talked to Star Vista last week when I booked our Flower Power cruise and the lady (Alex) told me they were not going to do the early booking or returning guests reserved seating this year. She said it would be general admission for everyone except those in the SAFE program, which you can see for yourself on the MSMC website.

"Not sure what cruise Diver was on but definitely not first come first serve for the shows in the theater" ;)

Yes it was.....for those of us who had not been on a previous MSMC or didn't book early, it was first come, first serve. I was there, I should know that the 4 of us had to find 4 seats together each night that weren't reserved. So, yes I was on THAT cruise, don't know where you were.

Quite a few people on the 2014 MSMC signed up for 2015 before they ever got off the ship.....maybe that's one reason it was sold out so soon.

Star Vista says the 2016 Flower Power cruise is 50% sold now.

That would be a bummer if there are no reserved seats now

We have general admission anyway so it is just a matter of fighting the crowds if that is the case

We had general admission also but there were reserved seats on the 2014 cruise

We had to line up then when the doors opened choose a seat without the number on it

The cruise was still available in Feb as per their website

http://maltshopcruise.com/news/cruise-news-over-80-sold-out-but-deluxe-verandah-cabins-still-available

That would be a bummer if there are no reserved seats now

We have general admission anyway so it is just a matter of fighting the crowds if that is the case

We had general admission also but there were reserved seats on the 2014 cruise

We had to line up then when the doors opened choose a seat without the number on it

The cruise was still available in Feb as per their website

http://maltshopcruise.com/news/cruise-news-over-80-sold-out-but-deluxe-verandah-cabins-still-available

That is correct - no more reserved seats for the shows.

The MSMC website says the 2015 cruise is sold out: (look under 'request a reservation' under the pricing box):

Request Reservation

THE 2015 MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE IS SOLD OUT

If you didn’t book a cabin, you can be added to our WAITLIST for the 2015 Malt Shop Memories Cruise (should a cabin become available). And get on our email list to learn more about our 2016 Malt Shop Cruise.

Wonder who they'll have on the 2016 lineup.......

Edited by Diver2014

THE 2015 MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE IS SOLD OUT

If you didn’t book a cabin, you can be added to our WAITLIST for the 2015 Malt Shop Memories Cruise (should a cabin become available). And get on our email list to learn more about our 2016 Malt Shop Cruise.

Wonder who they'll have on the 2016 lineup.......

Yes it is now SOLD OUT but as of Feb it was only 80% sold so BESHEARS could have still booked at that point

Enjoy your Flower power cruise

• 2 weeks later...

I've enjoyed reading ALL your postings.

I would think,if they "charged" extra money for reserved seats, they could make MORE money for themselves. I would love to have a reserved seat, but paying extra money when "this" trip alone is a lot of money out of my pocket, I wouldn't be able to do it.

As for the first come, first serve basis, oh my, I would think that would be a stampede.

I'm such a picture taking person, and it was said you cannot take pictures at the shows, I guess I would have to be at the "right place, the right time," just to take pictures with these entertainers??? How would I know where they would be, other than walking all around the ship all the time?

I was at the thrift store this past weekend, and just came across a poodle skirt. I almost bought it, but thought, I never knew if/when I might use it.

I've enjoyed reading ALL your postings.

I would think,if they "charged" extra money for reserved seats, they could make MORE money for themselves. I would love to have a reserved seat, but paying extra money when "this" trip alone is a lot of money out of my pocket, I wouldn't be able to do it.

As for the first come, first serve basis, oh my, I would think that would be a stampede.

I'm such a picture taking person, and it was said you cannot take pictures at the shows, I guess I would have to be at the "right place, the right time," just to take pictures with these entertainers??? How would I know where they would be, other than walking all around the ship all the time?

I was at the thrift store this past weekend, and just came across a poodle skirt. I almost bought it, but thought, I never knew if/when I might use it.

The only reserved seats last year were for returning guests from previous cruises but Star Vista has decided on a first come, first serve this year. I assume people who booked early last year also got a reserved seat. Not so this year but no big deal.

There was no stampede when doors opened for the shows each evening.

People filed in and took whatever seats were available. Most of the guests are in the 50-70 age range so not to worry about running for seats.

They announce that there are no recording devices allowed in the theater.

I saw several people discreetly taking photos with their phones and I snuck a few in at the end of the show a couple of times but absolutely no flash.

You get a DVD at the end of the cruise with photos of all the shows anyway (it was free last year - I imagine it'll be free this year.).

You get an autograph book with the daily schedules when you board the ship of who is going to be where and when so there's no walking all over the ship looking for the entertainers. You just go to whichever lounge or bar where the entertainer is scheduled, according to the daily or your autograph book schedule and talk to them there. Almost everyone chatted with guests, signed autographs and had photos taken with guests all week long. Relax! It was fun and did not involve waiting in long lines or trying to see someone from across a room. It was all very personal. It was also the best cruise we've ever been on. We're doing the Flower Power cruise next year.

Edited by Diver2014

There is no fee for reserved seats

it was those that booked before it opened to the public

It is NOT first come first serve for everyone

only those without the reserved seats ..... maybe for the Flower power cruise but not for MSMC

This is from Star Vista staff in an email I received recently

Please be assured that those who booked onboard the ship do indeed still have their assigned seating, as will be the case with those who rebook for 2016 onboard during this coming year's cruise. Nothing has changed with this procedure.

Stephanie P. Lamerato

StarVista LIVE

Edited by LHT28

Okay, I'm wrong. I spoke with Stephanie first, then booked our reservation with Alex. I specifically asked her about reserved seating for the shows since we were returning guests and I would have sworn she said both MSMC and Flower Power cruises would not have reserved seating. So okay, I will assume she meant only the Flower Power cruise....after she went into a lengthy discussion on why they weren't reserving seats any more. As long as we're all in the theater (second show for us), I don't care if I have to stand in the back, speaking of which, I did that once last year (had to leave for a bathroom break during the show) and when I got back, I waited for the song to end (I believe it was The Drifters set) and found myself standing between Peter Noone and Dion. WOW and more wow. :cool::p:cool:

Okay, I'm wrong. I spoke with Stephanie first, then booked our reservation with Alex. I specifically asked her about reserved seating for the shows since we were returning guests and I would have sworn she said both MSMC and Flower Power cruises would not have reserved seating. So okay, I will assume she meant only the Flower Power cruise....

I think they have a cut off date where the reserve seating is not available even if you are returning guests

we are returning guests but did not book onboard but did call within a week of getting home ...no reserve seats for us

time will tell

Is it no "flash" photography or no photography at all (no video taping is a standard industry practice)...most DSLR cameras can take photos in low light without using a flash

IMHO there are really no "bad" seats on these music charters...there is such a high % of returning guests on these type of music charters that everyone has a comfort level that they will have multiple opportunities to interact with the artists

Is it no "flash" photography or no photography at all (no video taping is a standard industry practice)...most DSLR cameras can take photos in low light without using a flash

I cannot recall if it was NO photography or no flash

Many people were using their cell phones to take shots one guy was even recording the show which was a no no

We found in some of the smaller venues you might not get a seat but you could stand in the hallway & still see the performer

the main theatre was no problem getting a seat

I think it was after 10 min into the show you could take any seat even if it had a reserved number on it

Looking forward to Nov ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Diver 2014, thanks for filling in the "blanks" for me. :)

OK, it does make a difference, now that you have mentioned that they give you a book with the areas/times that the entertainers would be at.

Well I'm 72, but I probably get around better than some people my age, and I can understand, when you talk about not having a stampede.

What is the Flower Power cruise all about?

The Flower Power cruise is sponsored by the same company (StarVista) that does the Malt Shop Memories Cruise, the Jazz Cruise, Country Western cruise etc. It's a 60's themed music cruise whereas Malt Shop is more 50's and early 60's. It's on Celebrity Constellation next Feb 29 - March 5, 2016.

Appearing are Peter Noone, Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees, Blood Sweat & Tears, The Grassroots, The Guess Who, Jefferson Starship, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & the Raiders, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, the Turtles and others so you can see this is much more of a later 60's music cruise. Since I'm 'only' 63, it appeals to me more than the Malt Shop cruise although last year's lineup on Malt Shop was awesome!!!! (I'm a Beach Boys, Jan&Dean fan from way back). You can get the link for the Flower Cruise cruise on the Malt Shop cruise website or Facebook page. Can't wait!!!!