Plus Size Bathing Suits

PrincessE

I could never order a swimsuit online.

I'm no longer plus size but I can't wear a traditional suit. I've lost 250 lbs over the past 7 years and I have a lot of loose skin, mainly around my belly and hips. I NEED a tank swimsuit with a skirt. And I wear a 36 J so I need a lot of support up top. I think I will go try JCPenny today.

FYI - Landsend suits are sold in Sears. If you don't see the one you want and you order online, then don't like it, Landend use to let you make returns to Sears instead of mailing it back. I have only bought kids clothes from Landsend and it has been a few years, so I do not know if the return policy to Sears is still the same, but I would think it is.

I could never order a swimsuit online.

I'm no longer plus size but I can't wear a traditional suit. I've lost 250 lbs over the past 7 years and I have a lot of loose skin, mainly around my belly and hips. I NEED a tank swimsuit with a skirt. And I wear a 36 J so I need a lot of support up top. I think I will go try JCPenny today.

That is an awesome job. Kudos to you and I hope you find an awesome suit to show off your accomplishment! Enjoy your cruise and live for each day!

I had ordered one from Kiyonna, but the bust was just too loose, I didn't want a wardrobe malfunction!

So, I found one on Lands End, it arrived yesterday and I'm in love. For the first time in more than a decade, I put on a swimsuit and smiled. I may have even admitted I look cute! So excited now to wear it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the hardest time finding a swimsuit that looks good on me. My weight is mostly hips and legs. My top is size 18/20 with pretty much nonexistent bust, hips are 26/28. Legs should never be seen. Any suggestions on what to look for? Tanks never stay down.

Edited by DEWGirl

I have the hardest time finding a swimsuit that looks good on me. My weight is mostly hips and legs. My top is size 18/20 with pretty much nonexistent bust, hips are 26/28. Legs should never be seen. Any suggestions on what to look for? Tanks never stay down.
go to allforme.com and look at thier suits I like them because the models are actually plus size and not just like a size 12 :rolleyes: but they use diffrent body types. This may give you some idea about what will flatter you the most! hope that helps!

ive ALWAYS had problems finding plus bathing suits that were cute...stylish...and covered what i needed which is my dd boobs and back fat lol. FINALLLLLY i found one surprisingly at wal mart. it comes with a separate skirt which i will replace with board shorts. it is a halter that comes up and has support. i have stretch marks on my girls so i like to cover them completely. the picture shows it wrapping around your neck but i just wear it like a regular halter. soooo in love!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Plus-Size-Halter-Skirtini-One-Piece-Swimsuit/19226156

go to allforme.com and look at thier suits I like them because the models are actually plus size and not just like a size 12 :rolleyes: but they use diffrent body types. This may give you some idea about what will flatter you the most! hope that helps!

just so you ladies don't freak out - it is http://www.alwaysforme.com

I saw several swimdresses today at Walmart.....I only saw one online but the store had several to choose from. I think they were $33.00......and YES,.... I'm a Walmart shopper!

Edited by SOMBRERO6

• 4 weeks later...

I have a large tummy from a 40-lb. weight loss a few years ago, and when I found my first blouson suit, I was in heaven. While I haven't seen any in stores for awhile, I've been getting them from QVC. The brand name i Fit 4 U. These are 2-piece, and I shorten the straps because I'm short. These have been a wonderful camouflage for me. Good luck in your search.:)

If you swim in chlorine pools then you will need to be careful that you get polyester suits. Lycra suits react with pool chemicals and they don't stay bright and pretty long. I have had some Oceania brand suits for 3 years and they are just so pretty and no wear shows in spite of the fact they are in chlorine at least twice a week. Plus size ladies can find many brands and styles and regular ladies have even more choices. Polyester is the thing to look for not a particular brand or price point.

Lane Bryant has some really hot looking swimsuits. I have one of the retro one-pieces with the straps you can put in different configurations. They also have some seemingly longish swim skirts (I can't tell from the website, but I'm 5'2" so I think every skirt will go past my knees.)

Another vote for Lands End here. Oh they're so pricy, but they are fantastic! I have a large chest (46H) and their suits keep the "girls" under control and supported. Some of the suits have options for ordering specifically for D/DD/DDD chest sizes - the DDD ones in my normal bathing suit size really do add extra room up top to keep me from spilling out!

In bigger Sears stores, you can find a small selection of the plus size Lands End suits to try on... I've even had luck with some of the non-custom chest sized ones.

I hit the jackpot yesterday. I found 3 brand new, with the tag, Lands End Swimsuits at Goodwill. One is a bit mature for me so I didn't get it, but the other 2 are awesome, they were the perfect size (14) and I paid about $6 each for them. The 2 I got had #75 and $130 tags on them. Yay!

I also went to hobby lobby and got a strip of material to make a sarong in solid black, so it workls with every swimsuit I have. I prefer a sarong, so I don't have to be so picky with the leg part of swimsuits. Gives me so many more options when I only need to care how the top looks!

I get most of mine from JCP too. We have a backyard pool so I spend most of the summer in a suit and coverup.

I mostly do mix and match was happy to see they had nice selection of board shorts along with the swim skirt type bottoms. Picked up a rash guard shirt from swimsuits for all (which imo ran small jik anybody will be ordering;)) via the eversave link which doesn't work on items ending in .98. Did find a nice maxi dress/coverup.

key to preserving a suit is to always wash it out with mild soap after wearing and never put in they dryer.

Edited by keishashadow

• 1 year later...

I want to reopen this up because I need help finding a swimsuit. I'm the apple type with a ridiculously big belly. I'm worried I'll order a suit online that is not long enough on top so my belly peeks out when I snorkel, or the bottoms are pulled forward so much that it's not tight against my body where the legs connect to the trunk. Anyone have any ideas as to where to find a suit that would work?

I want to reopen this up because I need help finding a swimsuit. I'm the apple type with a ridiculously big belly. I'm worried I'll order a suit online that is not long enough on top so my belly peeks out when I snorkel, or the bottoms are pulled forward so much that it's not tight against my body where the legs connect to the trunk. Anyone have any ideas as to where to find a suit that would work?

Depending on your size, you may have some luck with the Tall swim suits at Lands End. The torso is much longer than the regular suits and you can mix and match. Another option when snorkeling is to wear a rashguard. They tend not to float away from the body like a tankini top and provide some sun protection. I have seen some tankini tops on LE that have draw strings on the sides so you can make them longer or shorter.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-beach-living-paisley-bandeau-tunic-top/id_261177_57

I hope this helps! :)

Lisa

Try alwaysforme.com! I'm an apple-shaped size 18, and bought a couple suits off the site for my last cruise. I normally avoid buying any clothing on the internet because it never fits right when I get it, but both suits fit me perfectly! They're on the pricey side, but totally worth it IMO.