My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

Thanks for the great review and taking the time to post pictures. We also had a great time on the Dream, and next time Nachi Cocum s(p) is on our list of things to do.

Thanks for sticking with me here....it's taking me forever to finish this review!

Did your girls ever do any of the Camp Carnival activities? If so, did they enjoy them?

No, they prefer to stay with us. We did the build a bear activity (located at camp carnival) with them twice now and that's fun, and not crowded.

Thanks for the review! Did you happen to see the Legends show? Wondering who the artists are - have they been updated from prior years.

Sorry, we didn't. Funny though, A few years ago, my husband tried out for Elton John and got the role! They gave him an ipod with an elton song to practice and it was super high and out of his range so he chickened out and returned the ipod the next morning lol

Josie lost her tooth on the cruise. Her sister pulled it out for her (She wants to be a dentist lol). Funny, because last year she lost her tooth right before our cruise and wrote a note to the tooth fairy to please wait and leave her money on the cruise, so this is 2 yrs in a row that the tooth fairy has had to visit the Dream! (last year I got some Cayman money to leave under her pillow the night after grand cayman)

2015-02-7--19-49-18.jpeg_zpsrirkcunb.png

So this year, I ordered a "chocolate funship" from Cherry on Top, and it was delivered to the room. I knew it would be delivered during the day, so I made an excuse to go back to the room and wrote a note saying the chocolate was to the girls from the tooth fairy. To Josie for losing her tooth, and to Sara for being the dentist and pulling the tooth. They LOVED it! Not sure if Sara really believes anymore, but she plays along like a champ!

2015-02-7--19-48-34.jpeg_zps9papuqku.png

2015-02-7--19-48-57.jpeg_zpsxahj9cp8.png

Our last night in the dining room.

This was my favorite meal in the MDR

Bacon mac and cheese

2015-02-7--19-49-39.jpeg_zpsqge2zmey.png

and panko shrimp

2015-02-7--19-49-59.jpeg_zpssiikslce.png

We didn't have time to eat dessert because we wanted to get up to the lido deck to get good seats for the movie Home, being played on the big screen.

And just like that, our cruise was over. Booo!!! Of course it's always nice to get home, but I'm already ready to go back and I miss it so much. My mom and I are already planning our next one, and I'm trying to talk my husband into taking a cruise just the two of us and another couple. No kids!

2015-02-7--19-50-21.jpeg_zpsok0n9aqo.png

Thanks everyone, for following along and being patient. This ended up taking me forever to put together!

My DD lost her front tooth when we were on the Disney Magic. We told her that since we were on a Disney Ship, Tinker Bell was going to doing the Tooth Fairies duties. She left her a Tinker Bell Pin.

Thanks for the great Dream review. We are looking at booking her in December but can't pull the trigger until DH can get confirmation on the vacation days....it may be a last minute booking for us. I have rental car and pre/post hotels reserved but can't book the cruise until he gets that confirmation. I really want to do this trip as it may be the last one I can get DS, who is 21, to go on with us again. My DD (the one who lost her tooth:D) is now 18 and will be starting college this year while DS is in his last year of college. Cherish these memories with your kids...time goes by so fast.

My DD lost her front tooth when we were on the Disney Magic. We told her that since we were on a Disney Ship, Tinker Bell was going to doing the Tooth Fairies duties. She left her a Tinker Bell Pin.

Thanks for the great Dream review. We are looking at booking her in December but can't pull the trigger until DH can get confirmation on the vacation days....it may be a last minute booking for us. I have rental car and pre/post hotels reserved but can't book the cruise until he gets that confirmation. I really want to do this trip as it may be the last one I can get DS, who is 21, to go on with us again. My DD (the one who lost her tooth:D) is now 18 and will be starting college this year while DS is in his last year of college. Cherish these memories with your kids...time goes by so fast.

Tinker bell! That's so cute! I hope your husband gets his vacation days, I would LOVE to take a Christmas cruise someday :)

THANKS for a fantastic review! It took alot of time and effort to place it here on these boards, and I'd like to thank you for it! We are sailing on the Dream in about 11 weeks and can't wait, especially after reading your review. Great job!

:cool:Bill

The confirmation email I received from LFK said specifically what Larry and/or David would be wearing, and that their names would be on their shirts. The letter said to not get lured away with anyone else. I can see how it would be easy to be duped though. There was a big crowd of drivers all wanting you to go with them. I'm usually a super laid back person, but I admit the experience of finding Larry made me very nervous. I do highly recommend LFK though!!

Thanks for the specifics. How long was the boat ride to LFK?

THANKS for a fantastic review! It took alot of time and effort to place it here on these boards, and I'd like to thank you for it! We are sailing on the Dream in about 11 weeks and can't wait, especially after reading your review. Great job!

:cool:Bill

I appreciate it! Enjoy your time on the Dream!

I just finished reading and really enjoyed following along on your review of Carnival Dream. Just kind of re-living two of our past cruises through your review. In addition to places we plan on cruising, I also love reading reviews of places we've been. We were in Nachi Cocum in Cozumel in April 2014 on our Liberty cruise and really liked it and LOVED the food. Good thing we didn't have a large breakfast that morning. I'd definitely go back again, well worth the price. In 2006 we were also at Starfish Beach (was Bannister Island then) for the Carnival "Beach Break" excursion. Since we did the river/ruins last year, I'd probably go back to Starfish/Bannister. Little French Key is on the must list for next time in Roatan, so your pictures and descriptions (and the step warning) are definitely appreciated.

Hopefully you can get your DH to go on another cruise. I'm fortunate that my DH also loves cruising but he wanted a break this year. We're going on one in September instead of an AI...my arm twisting worked.

Thank you for taking the time to do a review.

Really enjoyed your review. We have sailed the Dream before and really enjoyed our times on her.

Also enjoyed your description of LFK and have made a reservation for our Nov cruise on the Valor. Will have to try Nachi next time in Coz. Have done Paradise and Mr. Sanchos.

Thanks again. :):)

I just finished reading and really enjoyed following along on your review of Carnival Dream. Just kind of re-living two of our past cruises through your review. In addition to places we plan on cruising, I also love reading reviews of places we've been. We were in Nachi Cocum in Cozumel in April 2014 on our Liberty cruise and really liked it and LOVED the food. Good thing we didn't have a large breakfast that morning. I'd definitely go back again, well worth the price. In 2006 we were also at Starfish Beach (was Bannister Island then) for the Carnival "Beach Break" excursion. Since we did the river/ruins last year, I'd probably go back to Starfish/Bannister. Little French Key is on the must list for next time in Roatan, so your pictures and descriptions (and the step warning) are definitely appreciated.

Hopefully you can get your DH to go on another cruise. I'm fortunate that my DH also loves cruising but he wanted a break this year. We're going on one in September instead of an AI...my arm twisting worked.

Thank you for taking the time to do a review.

You will LOVE LFK! And I'm glad your arm twisting worked!! I'm about ready to start on my husband for next summer:cool: I want to do our all-girls cruise, and a couples cruise with our friends. We shall see!

Really enjoyed your review. We have sailed the Dream before and really enjoyed our times on her.

Also enjoyed your description of LFK and have made a reservation for our Nov cruise on the Valor. Will have to try Nachi next time in Coz. Have done Paradise and Mr. Sanchos.

Thanks again. :):)

Thanks! I really think you'll be pleased with LFK. It's definitely a bucket-list kind of place! I'd like to give Mr. Sanchos a try sometime.

Lunch was really good! It had red beans and rice, beets, salsa, yucca chips, grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, and lobster. A little exotic, but really good (and I'm not a very adventurous eater. I'm picky)

2015-24-6--08-53-51.jpeg_zpsfa0sykil.png

Do they bring you your plate or is it buffet style?

My family was on the Dream when it first started sailing from port Canaveral. We too had terrible dining service. So slow! The rest of the ship was Fantastic but the dining thing kinda ruined it for me. Our server apologized and said they were all given additional tables to take care of.