Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

It appears likely that Brisbane will have a new cruise terminal built in time for the 2019/2020 season. Royal will home port a ship there since they have a financial stake in the project. My guess is that Radiance will move to Brisbane and continue with TP and Alaska. Therefore Sydney will be down by one ship (3 rather than the current 4). Due to Sydney OPT capacity constraints they will replace Radiance with a larger ship. Per early posts, we both think a Quantum class is the obvious choice and that this ship will also do TP and Alaska. Explorer may simply stay in Sydney. Why wouldn't Royal deploy Radiance, Explorer and one Quantum ship to Australia and Alaska?

The second Quantum ship would do Australia and China seasonally. Royal has shown no interest in PC or Pacific coastals.

Progress on the Brisbane terminal will be clearer before Royal makes deployment decisions for that season early next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radiance would be a good option for Brisbane.

Sydney will have Voyager, Explorer, and Ovation which is more than enough in my opinion.

China will most likely lose Ovation in 2019 to Alaska, and Q4 will replace. Q4 can also be an additional ship for Sydney.

Maybe Explorer to the new terminal in the Philippines for summer months?

Caribbean Princess = 193 feet tall

Brtidge of Americas = 201 feet mid span

Voyager Class = 208 feet.

The only reason why Caribbean Princess never did the locks before was the dimensions of the actual old locks.

She can now fit into the new locks.

Voyager can fit into the new locks too, but only perhaps under extreme and rare circumstances (per BillB48 and ChengP re tides, time of year. time of day, etc etc) can she ever get under the bridge, If we talk about "1/2" Canal cruises from the Caribbean into Gatun Lake and back out the same way into the Caribbean again, then yes absolutely.

So Caribbean Princess could do the whole transit? Or would the ship fit into the Pacific side locks?

I would love to see Voyager class ships do the partial transit/RT from Fort Lauderdale.

I didn't know that. Has Royal ever explained why? Did they perhaps find that the Asian cruising market prefers the glitz of Quantum class and reversed the changes Mariner to attract westerners?

Pity they didn't fix the itineraries too. [emoji4]

Not much was said except the Asians didn't shop as much as expected and to be honest, I was just so thrilled to have the Diamond Lounge open and to see the pub, I didn't bother to ask questions.

We were on a Repositioning so mainly Westerners on board but we were told that the ship is over 90 percent Asian when she does the regular closed end cruises, so the Asians are still booking.

"I was just so thrilled to have the Diamond Lounge open and to see the pub, I didn't bother to ask questions."

Thanks and [emoji485][emoji898][emoji483][emoji481][emoji893][emoji491][emoji494] in agreement [emoji3]

So Caribbean Princess could do the whole transit? Or would the ship fit into the Pacific side locks?

I would love to see Voyager class ships do the partial transit/RT from Fort Lauderdale.

Yes, the Caribbean Princess could transit the entire Canal without any issues. By the way, the first cruise ship to use the new locks will be the Disney Wonder, one week from Friday.

Is this another change? I was under the impression Australia, and Hawaii, would be released April 27. Didn't you tell me that? :confused:

The April 27th date did not come from me

China is scheduled for next week and to my knowledge as of right now, it's on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this another change? I was under the impression Australia, and Hawaii, would be released April 27. Didn't you tell me that? :confused:

It was posted a few pages back that April 27 would be the Australian release, hope that date still holds true ....waiting patiently.... she says tapping foot :)

Been checking 3-4 times per day every day, just in case it gets released without warning (since it's 'TBD'!). Certainly hoping to book one of the TPs as soon as they come out!

Counting on one of you to post as soon as you find out! I was calling in and checking as was my TA till she went out of town this week, I am so tired of waiting I hope it turns out to worth it!