Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

...In the meantime, I would like to spend some time in Rio after the cruise but World Cup starts on 6/12. The major games aren't until July so maybe hotels will have availability and rates won't be crazy.

Another option would be to disembark in Santos a day later. Probably a comparable price to pay for one more cruise day vs. paying for a Rio hotel? Then you could stay on the ship for both days in Rio, using the ship as your "hotel," ...unless you're looking for even more time in Rio or maybe to attend some of the World Cup games...good luck! (come join the roll call.) :)

Another option would be to disembark in Santos a day later. Probably a comparable price to pay for one more cruise day vs. paying for a Rio hotel? Then you could stay on the ship for both days in Rio, using the ship as your "hotel," ...unless you're looking for even more time in Rio or maybe to attend some of the World Cup games...good luck! (come join the roll call.) :)

Last place I would want to be is in a soccer stadium. Plus I don't find the game fun to watch up close on tv so in a possibly broiling stadium seat (although it is winter in S.A. then) and far from the action it would be torture. Anyway, it's at the very beginning of the games so maybe not so crowded yet. I don't think 2 days would be enough time in Rio. Right now, hotels aren't booking this far ahead so I'll have a look once they care on the market. This whole cruise is really up in the air and I only booked because it was only a fully refundable $100. deposit. I won't bother with the roll call yet since I'm not 100% committed to the cruise yet.

Edited by cruise pup

Last place I would want to be is in a soccer stadium. Plus I don't find the game fun to watch up close on tv so in a possibly broiling stadium seat (although it is winter in S.A. then) and far from the action it would be torture. Anyway, it's at the very beginning of the games so maybe not so crowded yet. I don't think 2 days would be enough time in Rio. Right now, hotels aren't booking this far ahead so I'll have a look once they care on the market. This whole cruise is really up in the air and I only booked because it was only a fully refundable $100. deposit. I won't bother with the roll call yet since I'm not 100% committed to the cruise yet.

I see...and I suppose you'll probably have a better idea if you want to keep the the South America cruise (or not) after you complete your "Divina Debut" cruise. Happy cruisin'!!

Found a better deal for me on Explorer to Bermuda on 10/13/13 for $563. with an assigned cabin. There's a $75. C&A coupon too! I'm posting the rate without port charges and taxes since that's what the others did. With the coupon the deal will come to $650 with everything. I prefer a cabin close to the aft elevators since it's easier to navigate to the dining rooms, buffet and concierge club (I'm Diamond+) from there.

Just wanted to let people know I just booked a 13 night RCCL-Brilliance of the Seas repositioning cruise for $1200.00 for an inside quarantee and I will get a $90.00 on board credit. This is for Oct.27,2013. I booked with travel agency with More in it's title. Kendra

Just wanted to let people know I just booked a 13 night RCCL-Brilliance of the Seas repositioning cruise for $1200.00 for an inside quarantee and I will get a $90.00 on board credit. This is for Oct.27,2013. I booked with travel agency with More in it's title. Kendra

Kendra, if you're a past guest, don't forget to use your Crown & Anchor savings certificate to save another $115 (off the actual price, not more OBC). I'm on this same cruise solo (posted here last week) and had no problem using the certificate plus getting another $100 OBC from a travel agency. Hope this helps.

By the way, when I looked on RCI's website, my cabin was assigned immediately--no upgrade unfortunately. Maybe you'll have better luck. Not sure if RCI ever upgrades GUAR bookings after assigning a room. I'm just glad to be on the cruise for a good price and 32% supplement. See you on board!

-Brian

Hi to Brian, Thanks for the info. I got the best deal I could. I am not that familar with the crown anchor savings certificate. Is this something you get on a previous RCCL cruise? Also are you on the cruise critic roll call for this cruise? Over 101 people signed up for the meet and mingle,and a lot of events planned,just for your info. So far no cabin assigned. Bye for now,Kendra

Just booked the Explorer of the Seas for 10/13/13 7 nights to Bermuda D2 balcony solo total $1200. There is also a savings certificate which I received another $150 discount. Booked with NCC for an additional $100 OBC.

I was booked on the Breakaway for the same date, but this deal was too good to pass up.

tried to look up NCC, found National Chicken Council!! hahahaha sorry back to your fabulous finds for solo travels!!

K

It's Royal Caribbean's Next Cruise Certificate, that I purchased on my last cruise with them.

I ended up booking with a TA, who also included prepaid gratuities - another $90 savings.

Edited by gaylemh

GREAT PRICE - CARNIVAL ELATION -- I just booked this 5 night cruise for an amazing price of $378. as a SOLO cruiser! Anyone else discover this bargain? It's going to be my first visit to New Orleans and I am as excited about going to the Jazz Clubs as I am about the cruise.

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Found a better deal for me on Explorer to Bermuda on 10/13/13 for $563. with an assigned cabin. There's a $75. C&A coupon too! I'm posting the rate without port charges and taxes since that's what the others did. With the coupon the deal will come to $650 with everything. I prefer a cabin close to the aft elevators since it's easier to navigate to the dining rooms, buffet and concierge club (I'm Diamond+) from there.

I just booked this cruise too. I was booked on the Breakaway for the same day, but when I saw the rates for a D1, I couldn't pass it up. Balcony was $1200 including taxes & port fees. With the savings certificate $150, OBC and prepaid gratuities, it's only costing me about $900, and no transportation costs. My daughter lives in Bayonne, and I leave my car at her house, and she drives me to the port 3 minutes away. The Breakaway including transportation to the ship was costing near $3,000. Breakaway will just have to wait.

I just booked this cruise too. I was booked on the Breakaway for the same day, but when I saw the rates for a D1, I couldn't pass it up. Balcony was $1200 including taxes & port fees. With the savings certificate $150, OBC and prepaid gratuities, it's only costing me about $900, and no transportation costs. My daughter lives in Bayonne, and I leave my car at her house, and she drives me to the port 3 minutes away. The Breakaway including transportation to the ship was costing near $3,000. Breakaway will just have to wait.

That's great. I actually cancelled but will think about booking later on. There was a lot, and I mean a lot of availability.

Just booked IOS 13 day Caribbean Journey to the UK departing May 4 from Ft. Lauderdale. Inside promenade for $750.00. Total with taxes, fees & gratuities was about $1000. OV was $850ish plus all taxes & fees. Not cheap when you add airfare but if someone had airline miles to use the cruise itself is less than $100 per night. Plus I totally forgot to add there is a C&A savings certificate which helps too.

Edited by skypig
Forgot to add C& A

Just booked IOS 13 day Caribbean Journey to the UK departing May 4 from Ft. Lauderdale. Inside promenade for $750.00. Total with taxes, fees & gratuities was about $1000. OV was $850ish plus all taxes & fees. Not cheap when you add airfare but if someone had airline miles to use the cruise itself is less than $100 per night. Plus I totally forgot to add there is a C&A savings certificate which helps too.

Transatlantic cruises can be fantastic deals. You just need to be someone who enjoys sea days (because there are lots of them) and be able to take 2 weeks off work at a time, or be retired. I'll be taking my 3rd solo transatlantic this fall--I just love them! :)

Transatlantic cruises can be fantastic deals. You just need to be someone who enjoys sea days (because there are lots of them) and be able to take 2 weeks off work at a time, or be retired. I'll be taking my 3rd solo transatlantic this fall--I just love them! :)

I will be taking my first TA in Oct. on the Vision. I can't wait. I am newly retired & took a 12 day repositioning cruise in April. There were several days at sea on that one & I must say I wanted more days at sea. I was actually a little disappointed when we pulled into the first port.

The Independance sailing has 8 sea days in a row at the end so I am looking forward to that too.

Oh and yes indeed I am newly retired but my SO is still working so I am sailing solo again also.

That's great. I actually cancelled but will think about booking later on. There was a lot, and I mean a lot of availability.

Also didn't realize I have tickets to see Betrayal with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz on the 16th. After paying $150. for the ticket (but it is first row center on the aisle) I'm not about to forfeit that!

I did the crossing from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale last fall. It was very nice. Prices were lower but then again, the pool area was useless. I think you'll get more use out of it. I enjoy sailing with the Brits and these t/a's get a fair share.

I did the crossing from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale last fall. It was very nice. Prices were lower but then again, the pool area was useless. I think you'll get more use out of it. I enjoy sailing with the Brits and these t/a's get a fair share.

There are quite a few 'Brits' registered with this site. I like sailing out of Southampton - as I can be there in about 40 mins.

I'm on the TA from Southampton to San Juan on Adventure of the Seas in November. I enjoy sea days, because I like to join in with activities on board.

I'm also on Swan Hellenic Minerva in April next year, from Barbados to the Canaries.

I will be taking my first TA in Oct. on the Vision. I can't wait. I am newly retired & took a 12 day repositioning cruise in April. There were several days at sea on that one & I must say I wanted more days at sea. I was actually a little disappointed when we pulled into the first port.

The Independance sailing has 8 sea days in a row at the end so I am looking forward to that too.

Oh and yes indeed I am newly retired but my SO is still working so I am sailing solo again also.

I won't be retiring for at least 15 more years, but the nice thing about TAs for me is that I have the perfect excuse to be completely out of touch with work on my vacation! Until the day that my company decides to pay for my internet access and ship phone bills, at least. :)