Vancouver-Canada Place transportation to ship....help

Ashland

Arriving into Vancouver and will cruise (May 2014 Alaska northbound) out of Canada Place..First time with our grandson (17 mos). He will be a lap flyer on arrival flight so we won't have a carseat..What is the easiest/best way to get there from YVR ? Cruise transfers (shuttlebus), taxi's (worried they don't/won't have carseats, or private tranportation..there will be 5 adults traveling with him....The return from Seward to Anchorage (ANC) for our same day flight home we will use the cruise train transfer which will work out easily. Thanks so much for the much needed suggestions :)

Thanks...but...6 of us 6+ pieces of luggage including baby & stroller etc. etc. :eek::eek: Still think the skytrain would work for us, if so more details please :)

Edited by Ashland

Thanks...but...6 of us 6+ pieces of luggage including baby & stroller etc. etc. :eek::eek: Still think the skytrain would work for us, if so more details please :)

It all depends on how easy it is to lug your luggage ;) are they all on wheels? or shoulder straps? The Canada Line starts at YVR so as a group, you will have no problem finding space and seats on the train. I believe that Canada Place is the last stop too! I dont think its any harder to get to the train than lugging your stuff out to the curb to find a cab or private car.

Check out the local transit website, they have good "training" courses on how to use the skytrain etc... the local transit system is operated by Translink (hope I am not breaking any rules about giving out company names?).

When we cruised out of Vancouver to Alaska, my younger daughter was still in a car seat and we weren't bringing one with us. We were also traveling with 6 people and luggage (my husband and me with our two kids and my husband's parents with mobility issues) so we called around until we were able to find an airport limo company that would supply a car seat when they picked us up at YVR.

Lisa

I´d recommend the skytrain.

It´s easy to Access and you don´t have to struggel with all your stuff and multiple cars.

Are you staying in a Hotel or heading directly to Canada Place for your cruise?

We arrive on morning of cruise on a non-stop Air Canada flight LAX-YVR at 9:40am. We've done this flight a few times but never with an infant and 3 additional family members so taking a taxi for the two of us has always worked and been easy. Much different this time with a baby to consider and "all" that entails :eek:

When we cruised out of Vancouver to Alaska, my younger daughter was still in a car seat and we weren't bringing one with us. We were also traveling with 6 people and luggage (my husband and me with our two kids and my husband's parents with mobility issues) so we called around until we were able to find an airport limo company that would supply a car seat when they picked us up at YVR.

Lisa

Lisa...thanks so much..any idea of the company you used and the approx. cost :confused:

I'm sorry Ashland but I don't recall - it was 4 years ago. We googled and then called places until we found one that had seats available for that purpose. It was a passenger van which had plenty of room for 6 passengers and all of our luggage.

Lisa