Very Confused! Haven and Free at Sea

ibrinn

I have been reading these boards and I am very confused about the perks and offers while staying in a Haven Aft Facing Balcony on the Getaway. My husband, sister and myself are booked into this cabin in November and I have some questions that I hope someone can answer.

My husband and myself are the first two booked in the cabin so I understand that will give us the UBP, UDP, WiFi, excursion credit. My sister will be the third guest and has taken advantage of the "Free at Sea". Will she have complete access to all the Haven amenities? We have already purchased a dining package to match ours and will put a hefty OBC on the account to cover her drinks.

We just want to make sure that she has the same cruise experience that we do. Thanks

She will have all the Haven access she will just have to charge her drinks and specialty dinning to her card.

The Haven restaurant is free and the wonderful for all 3 meals but its also nice to step out and try a few different restaurants.

You can give her the WiFi info and she can share those minutes with you but only 1 device at a time.

• 8 months later...

The more I read.... the more I become confused. Does the Haven include UBP and SDP? I thought it did. If so, what is different about the FREE AT SEA for Haven? There is currently a CANADIAN AT PAR rate that excludes the FREE AT SEA extras.... but I thought those things were already included in the Haven. Can someone clarify?

The more I read.... the more I become confused. Does the Haven include UBP and SDP? I thought it did. If so, what is different about the FREE AT SEA for Haven? There is currently a CANADIAN AT PAR rate that excludes the FREE AT SEA extras.... but I thought those things were already included in the Haven. Can someone clarify?

By standard the haven does not include the perks. If she is third passenger under the free at sea conditions she will receive perks but not all. She will receive the soda package, not the UBP as this is only for the first two passengers in a cabin. Third, fourth, etc. do not receive UBP.

The plot thickens....

If only the first two in the cabin get the FREE AT SEA then perhaps it's not as good a deal as I thought and I should choose the CANADA AT PAR package instead. I have been doing all my calculations assuming that all us would have the UBP. (This is a birthday present for my twins who are turning 21. They will want to participate in cocktail time!)

We just returned from a cruise in the Haven on the Escape. We had my 27 yo son with us. In the Haven, under the Free at Sea program, my hubby and I both received the UDP, UBP, gratuities and wifi minutes. The wifi minutes are by cabin, so our son ended up using those (be mindful of the rules.....if you don't sign off, the bill keeps adding up!) Everyone in the cabin had Haven access/privileges, so we could all eat in the Haven restaurant. (And if you are in a "Haven" suite that is not physically located in the Haven, you still have access, it is just usually a walk.) The beverage packages are atrociously expensive, so we didn't buy for my son, we just paid as we went, which was MUCH cheaper----I bought him a $100 on board credit certificate that he could use for drinks, spa, etc. We bought the 3 upscale dining package for him, so we could all eat together with no hassle. I also bought the spa passes (we enjoy the spas on NCL), which are about $20 cheaper if you buy on line before you go.

Hope this helps.....great insight on the age question by Two Wheels Only!

I think the OP meant her sister was taking advantage of the 3rd & 4th guest free perk when she stated "Free at Sea"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The easiest way to think about it is to know that Haven is a cabin class. Everyone who is booked into a haven suite (up to 6 people depending on the suite) has access to the Haven, all Haven amenities, the services of the butler and concierge, etc.

FREE AT SEA is a promotion NCL has been running on various forms for... well, years at this point. Only the first two people in each cabin get the Free At Sea package - Gratuities, UBP/UDP (for those over 21), and SDP. The exceptions to this rule are the Internet minutes, where you can share your password with anyone you like, but only one device can connect at a time, shore ex credits, which are per cabin, per port, and 3rd/4th sail free, which obviously only applies to the third and fourth passengers in each cabin.

The Free At Sea promotion applies to cabins that are not Haven as well as Haven cabins.

If you are not in a Haven suite, you do not get Haven benefits.

If everyone in your cabin are heavy drinkers, you could purchase a UBP for your sister so you are all on the same "package" as it were.

If one, or all of you isn't a big drinker, you could shuffle the order of passengers in the room so the biggest drinkers get the UBP and the last person uses their card to buy drinks as they go along. Depending on how much people drink this could save you a lot of money.

I'm cruising with my mom next year and even though my husband and I are receiving the UBP, we're not getting one for my mom. My husband and I drink rarely (we're actually working on a dry year, which has been a fun experiment) and my mom really only drinks at special occasions. Buying the third UBP for her would be a waste of money, so we'll get her drinks as we go along and be grateful we're in a suite and not paying gratuities on the "free" UBPs we're probably going to barely use.

Haven includes UBP and SDP, but only for the first two people in the room. So the first two will get that, but they will all have access to the Haven.

Does that help?

I have SDP for first 2 passengers and haven't yet bought extra dining packages for the kids. However, since its 100 days to my sailing today, I went ahead and book the speciality restaurants for all four of us , do you know if I now subsequently buy the dining packages I can still apply them to the existing restaurant booking?

I have SDP for first 2 passengers and haven't yet bought extra dining packages for the kids. However, since its 100 days to my sailing today, I went ahead and book the speciality restaurants for all four of us , do you know if I now subsequently buy the dining packages I can still apply them to the existing restaurant booking?

I'm assuming you didn't pay for any of the reservations? If that's true the answer is yes. We had 2 cabins with SDP, but to sit together, I made reservations for 4 for each one and they settle the bill when you eat. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FREE AT SEA is a promotion NCL has been running on various forms for... well, years at this point. Only the first two people in each cabin get the Free At Sea package - Gratuities, UBP/UDP (for those over 21), and SDP.

Just to clarify - The current offer is Excursion Credit. Gratuities are not currently part of the Free at Sea perks. I think they took them off in December or January.

Sanger727

The only one I paid for is the Cirque dinner but I made a mistake of booking this one first and so lost one of the SDPs on this booking (reduced rate for passengers 1 & 2) which means I will have to pay for the meal at Cagney's separately unless they subsequently let me pay in full for the Cirque meals and use SDPs for other 3 meals.?