Can you pay Carnival a deposit, then make monthly payments?

crismess

I just contacted Carnival last week about this...you can make payments up until final payment. My PVP told me sometimes it doesn't work through their site but you can always call and ask tell them how much you want to pay. I did try to make a payment via the site and it worked for me :-)

Kelley

We have our eye on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean for August.

Being that it's seven months away, does Carnival require the entire payment upfront? Or can I make small payments up until the cruise leaves?

Yes you can make payments up until the Final Payment due date. I have 2 payments left till my June Dream cruise is paid for:D

You have to pay a $250 deposit for each person in the cabin. Then you just have to have it paid off a few months before your sailing date. For example...my cruise leaves on April 4th, and our final payment is due on Jan. 19th. You can't book any excursions through Carnival until your final payment is made. There is no set monthy payment. You can do as much or as little as you want.

Edited by CruiseLover824

Being that it's seven months away, does Carnival require the entire payment upfront? Or can I make small payments up until the cruise leaves?

Carnival Deposits are based on lenght of the cruise. You HAVE to pay that deposit amount when you book, then you have until Final Payment Deadline (60 to 70 days from depaerture) to pay the balance. There are no set payment plans.

Carnival Deposits (not based on percentage of the cruise fare):

CTN Cruises $50 non-refundable

3 Day Cruises $100 pp

4 Day Cruises $150 pp

5 Day Cruises $200 pp

6,7 Day Cruises $250 pp

8 Day Cruises $300

Alakska Cruises $350

10+ Day Cruises $400

Europe Cruises $500

ken

Assuming you've booked directly through Carnival:

Credit card is easiest, but you can also mail checks to

Carnival Cruise Lines

Attn: Cash Dept. - MSRV 406N

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

They also take Western Union and MoneyGram, but the fees are not worth it unless you're in an absolute hurry.

No paypal directly, unless you have one of their debit cards.

If you booked through a travel agency, then you'd make your payments through them.

I book a cruise using an agent- I pay the initial deposit f 250.00 per person and makemonthly payments. When that is paid off I book another cruise.

I am now in the process of paying down my Ruby Princess cruise for February 2011.

Do you pay from your bank directly or credit card? Can I use paypal? I don't want to put anything on a credit card unless I absolutely have to.

if you have a debit/credit card AND bank account linked through paypal, which would make you a verified member, you can have paypal generate you a virtual, either one time use or multiple use, credit card. that way you are, in essence, paying through paypal

• 6 years later...

This is how we do it also,monthly payments.

I pay online....BE CAREFUL, by default it will automatically choose pay in full:eek::eek: ! Make sure you select " different amount" . Then fill in the amount you want to deposit.

Edited by hockeyluver

You can't book any excursions through Carnival until your final payment is made.

I have never had a problem booking Carnival excursions prior to having the cruise paid in full.

I booked a Dolphin executions in July for our entire family's Thanksgiving cruise final payment was September.

You do have to pay for Carnival excursions in full when you book them.

Edited by springs741

I just contacted Carnival last week about this...you can make payments up until final payment. My PVP told me sometimes it doesn't work through their site but you can always call and ask tell them how much you want to pay. I did try to make a payment via the site and it worked for me :-)

Kelley

Yeah...that part of the Carnival site was pretty sketchy but they have since fixed it. We routinely reserve a cabin about a year out and just make payments every month up to the final payment due date. It's an interest free loan. A good deal!

About to schedule a family cruise for 10+ family members. All would like to pay monthly payments. Should I use a travel agent or is this easy enough for me to do on my own? Pros vs Cons on Travel Agents pleae...

I haven't used a travel agent for years but in this case I would. The agent should know to tie all the reservation together to ensure you all sit at the same table in the MDR and will hopefully notify you when payments are due. Using an agent won't cost you a thing but on the downside you have to go through the agent if there are any problems. Carnival won't talk to you if there is an agent involved.

You have to pay a $250 deposit for each person in the cabin. Then you just have to have it paid off a few months before your sailing date. For example...my cruise leaves on April 4th, and our final payment is due on Jan. 19th. You can't book any excursions through Carnival until your final payment is made. There is no set monthy payment. You can do as much or as little as you want.

You are able to book excursions and make Fun Shop purchases if they are available before final payment, you do have to pay for those purchases in full at time of sale though.

I book a cruise using an agent- I pay the initial deposit f 250.00 per person and makemonthly payments. When that is paid off I book another cruise.

I am now in the process of paying down my Ruby Princess cruise for February 2011.

Oh cool, you have a time machine!:);)

This is how we do it also,monthly payments.

I pay online....BE CAREFUL, by default it will automatically choose pay in full:eek::eek: ! Make sure you select " different amount" . Then fill in the amount you want to deposit.

That's worth repeating. It's VERY easy to make that mistake and pay in full when making a payment. I almost did it...and I'm pretty good at reading stuff.

On the upside, hey presto! Your cruise is paid for! On the downside, it'll be ramen noodles, rice and beans for ya for a few weeks. :)

if you have a debit/credit card AND bank account linked through paypal, which would make you a verified member, you can have paypal generate you a virtual, either one time use or multiple use, credit card. that way you are, in essence, paying through paypal

Huh. I didn't know this. I should qualify for that, and there have been times when a short-term use credit card would be handy.

Excellent thread

Every response was well said. Some are oldies but still goodies. Interesting. GOOD INFORMATION

Thanks to All of you. I know that when I call Carnival direct, one of the buttons you can choose connects you too "Do you want to make a payment?" I think, don't know, that a reservation person can take a payment and send new cabin confirmation.

I have wondered about this myself. I know it can be done. I always say I am going to do that. It is Christmas...and I had to cough up for 2 cabins with 4 adults, 1 small child. Which I had covered until Hurricane William blew my daughter's fence down and my one and only grandchild lives in that house, and a savage dog slipped in and savaged their dog. ( they called Animal Control. They told them to call back the next week and make an appointment. WHY people get mad at Government and City workers!) So...Granny pops for a new fence. Got someone to put it up the next day ( visions of grandchild chasing her cat into yard.............) Insurance did cover some of it, but I let my poor son in law use that to pay down the $4,000 bill for saving his dog. AND then I had to have major work on my auto...There was an unmovable black cloud over my head it seemed.................So. All of that in ONE lump on my credit card. Honestly it worried me a lot. I grew up poor and frugal. Now I have whittled it down. Christmas shopping at Sam's Club. Dining out is Captain D's ( which is clean, cheap and good). NEVER AGAIN

This option sounds great. We have one booked for August, and I am starting payments when my card it clear. Hopefully end of this month....pending another disaster. And none of us were harmed. I know we were lucky. Not in the hurricane nor in the Storm. I was just a poor planner. WHY DID I NOT DO THIS BEFORE? It is a NO INTEREST loan. Just like the comment posted!!!

Edited by AmberTeka

Just to add to what everyone said.

1. Yes you can pay a deposit and pay the rest after.

2. They will give you a final payment date which will be 80 days before the sail date.

3. The set minimum payment is usually $1,000 (4 people) unless you are adding insurance then whatever the insurance is will have to be paid there as well.

4. Even though $1,000 (4people) is the usual set payment, carnival have different promotions at times such as $50 deposit per person etc so your minimum payment could be way less than $1,000

5. You do not have to pay a single dollar until final payment. You can pay whatever you want prior to the final payment date. Just go on the carnival's website, create your account and add your booking number. As one posted stated, you have to be careful before you submit the payment. Make sure you change the amount you want to pay because it will always set to the default amount that is due. If you submit by accident, call carnival IMMEDIATELY to cancel the payment. Happened to me before and resolved without any issue.

6. You can use a carnival gift card or any credit/debit card. I don't believe you can use paypal on the website.

Edited by Jamericannn

I love the $50 deposit sales!

We are able to cruise once a year, so once we have our current cruise paid off and have decided on the next one, we watch for a deposit sale. Being able to put $100 down, pick our room, and then make payments for a year or more makes it much easier to cruise each year. (And its so cool to have log in page show TWO cruises booked! Even if it is just for a month or so.)