UBP - yes, another question

kerrytens

I'm sorry that I feel the need to start yet another question about the Ultimate Beverage Package but I couldn't seem to find my answer while weeding my way through the tons of answers I found in my search ... so here it is:

Since there are 2 types of packages available (just wine and beer or the one with mixed drinks included), do both adults in the room need to get the same package? I'm looking at the more inclusive one but my cabin mate only drinks beer so the extras wouldn't be needed in their case.

I'm sorry that I feel the need to start yet another question about the Ultimate Beverage Package but I couldn't seem to find my answer while weeding my way through the tons of answers I found in my search ... so here it is:

Since there are 2 types of packages available (just wine and beer or the one with mixed drinks included), do both adults in the room need to get the same package? I'm looking at the more inclusive one but my cabin mate only drinks beer so the extras wouldn't be needed in their case.

LOL i couldn't find this anywhere on Norwegian's website until I did a google search ..... short answer is adults in stateroom have to purchase the same beverage package and under 21 in the stateroom have to purchase the Soda Program

here is link to Norwegian's website - see terms and conditions for each of the two beverage packages

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#ultimate

Less than two weeks now !!

See also this earlier discussion:

Confusing Information from NCL

NCL's published terms do not explicitly say "the same package" but that seems to be how it is supposed to work. But as with everything concerning the UBP, it's probably worth asking on board if you want something different because people have reported being able to obtain significant "adjustments" to the official guidelines depending on the ship or the sailing or the staff member who they deal with.

The reason why NCL require everyone to take the package is to stop people sharing drinks with others.

Obviously, if they allowed people sharing rooms to buy different packages then this would leave this possibility open.

That isn't to say that a staff member wouldn't allow you to mix packages, but it makes sense that they shouldn't.

I don't know if anyone realizes this:

UBP = spirits, beer, wine, soda

Corks & Caps = beer, wine, soda

Soda = just soda

There is $5 per day difference between the UBP and C&C ....

Yes, I think people realise that. It's still $40.25 per person for a seven day cruise though. No point paying extra if you don't need to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See also this earlier discussion:

Confusing Information from NCL

NCL's published terms do not explicitly say "the same package" but that seems to be how it is supposed to work. But as with everything concerning the UBP, it's probably worth asking on board if you want something different because people have reported being able to obtain significant "adjustments" to the official guidelines depending on the ship or the sailing or the staff member who they deal with.

Thank you! This is exactly the type of conversation/thread that I was looking for.

I appreciate all of the responses. It sounds like I may just need to get onboard and order what I want and hope for the best. I'm still hoping that I can get the UBP for me and the Corks and Caps for my cabin mate. We'll see.

Now ... if I could only convince them that the soda package is COMPLETELY lost on the child who is sailing with us but that is a whole other can of worms:D:p:rolleyes:

. . . Since there are 2 types of packages available (just wine and beer or the one with mixed drinks included), do both adults in the room need to get the same package? I'm looking at the more inclusive one but my cabin mate only drinks beer so the extras wouldn't be needed in their case.

Hello, my friend! :)

I don't know the definitive answer to this one, but I can share what one couple (that I met on the recent Dawn sailing) did for arranging this.

She pretty much drinks wine only (and introduced me to a few I'd never heard of) , and he enjoyed his favorite three cocktails throughout the day. They pre-booked the Corks/Caps for the two of them (required), and then he did an upgrade to his alone once onboard.

Each time I encountered them, she'd be holding her wine glass, and he a cocktail. Happy clams! ;)

Hello, my friend! :)

I don't know the definitive answer to this one, but I can share what one couple (that I met on the recent Dawn sailing) did for arranging this.

She pretty much drinks wine only (and introduced me to a few I'd never heard of) , and he enjoyed his favorite three cocktails throughout the day. They pre-booked the Corks/Caps for the two of them (required), and then he did an upgrade to his alone once onboard.

Each time I encountered them, she'd be holding her wine glass, and he a cocktail. Happy clams! ;)

Hello!!!!

Oh, how brilliant!!! Thanks Don. I think I may actually go ahead and book in this fashion. It may work. If it doesn't, then we both just upgrade, I suppose.

I can't recall...is the rebellious fish less than $8.50?
It must be, because we had several last month on the UBP. Even when we asked for the cocktail of the day, they rang it up full price (and they wouldn't serve us ones that normally cost over $8.50, like tequila sunrises). Edited by hawkeyetlse

I primarily drink wine/beer, but I LOVE the rebellious fish cocktail. I usually have several each day while hanging out at the pool. I can't recall...is the rebellious fish less than $8.50?

yes and it's one of the weekly cocktails off the day so drops to 6.95 on that day