Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

during christmas time, ive seen people hang stockings and wreaths on their door. and ive seen garland wreaths and stockings hung from balconies. as for summertime cruising, i havent really seen anyone put up anything. but i have been to partycity recently and the whole hawaiian theme party favors are there. so maybe u can get a palm tree or little palm tree garland to hang on your door. or those backgrounds that were made especially to hang on doors

• 2 weeks later...

My sister and I had a dry eraser board up on our door. We used it to leave messages up for family and friends...that were on several differant decks.

Strangers even got into the act leaving little messages and pictures for us. :cool:

Way back in 1999 my BFF and I went on a cruise with her mom for our high school graduation. We made a sign for our door that had our names and it said "Drop Us A Line..." and we had an under water scene with fish and a fishing pole and also a notepad and a pen and a small gift bag to hold the notes that people left us. (Wow, we were pretty creative now that I think about it). Lots of people left us little notes. It was kinda cool. My DBF and I just booke a crusie Dec21-24, 2007 on Carnival's Paradise (Long Beach to Ensenada) and I plan to bring a whole bunch of Christmas decorations for the room and door. We have an ocean view room so maybe even a small strand of Christmas lights too.

I have decorated my door for Thanksgiving and Halloween. Party City has lots of things you can use. For holiday decorations as well as tropical/Hawaiian themed things try www.orientaltrading.com If you use a garland of some type around the door frame, (I had an orange/black for Halloween) it makes it easier to spot your cabin from a distance.

I have used cardboard school type cut outs and the cling type that just stick to the door.

I looked at a lot of threads on door signs before I made ours last year. I decided on a 8.5x11 sign that had a cartoon picture of two love birds and the text, Happy Anniversary. I added some curly bows to give the sign some depth. Boy, was it helpful in seeing our room from a distance. I wanted to share our celebration for being on the cruise, w/o giving personal information out (e.g. names). The poster putty did a great job of holding up the sign w/o damaging the door.

However, the 5 ladies next to us were a group of WAVs on a reunion cruise. Their sign was much larger and had pix of them when they were in the Navy and current pix, each with a little service record. It was beautiful!

A lady on our first cruise, who was our dining room tablemate was celebrating her 50th birthday. She had a poster board on her door. I can't remember what was on it, but I remember passing it all the time on the way to our cabin.

Hi all....I was wondering how do you get your decorations to stick to the door. Do you have to bring tape with you.. I had a door knob hanger on our door and someone took it. Do they make decorations that will stay on the door? I would love to put something on our door. So give me a hint on what to do.. Thanks

We have been putting something on our cabin doors for quite some time now.

My husbands 50th b-day cruise, I found an old photo of him on his 1st b-day and then combined that with a recent photo, with a caption that said, "Happy Birthday Baby", put them on an 11x14 poster board and just used some blue 3M tape to hold it on the door.

Our 35th wedding anniversary was something similar, one of our wedding pictures with a formal night photo from a cruise the year before, caption reading, "who said that it wouldn't last"? Again, the same blue painters paint.

People were constantly stopping and chatting with us about the photos and also thanking us for helping them find their own cabins quicker, "remember honey, our cabin is 4 doors down from the anniversary photo cabin"!

Trying to think of something new for our upcoming cruise now!

In the past, we have put a cruisecritic sign on the door along with a large bulletin board die cut of a sun with a smiley face in it. This next cruise is a celebration of DD's 21st birthday. I decorated an inexpensive magnetic whiteboard (reinforced with extra magnetic strip) and bought magnetic letters to spell out Happy Birthday! for the door. I expect that the letters might get moved around for special messages from anonymous friends..but I think that might add to the fun. ;)

Also, to decorate the stateroom, I ordered a personalized bon voyage banner from oriental trading, and made streamers out of curling ribbon in her fav colors. I purchased other items to hang as well.

1853446964_remixjessicabirthdaysign.jpg.e2093cb77f06c4f9ce9a507f4d9cde10.jpg

Last year we were on the Disney Magic and we decorated our door with a different color Mickey heads (courtesy of the Home Depot paint samples). We made magnetic signs for everyday of our cruise. It was a great way to find our cabin.

So are the doors on the Carnival Glory made of a metal that magnets will stick to?? I've got several doors I want to decorate for people in our group who have B-days, anniversaries, first-time cruisers, etc. and will just use the magnets, if they'll work.

- Rhonda

Door Decorations are awesome! We do it every cruise. It has actually gotten quite extensive with my family and friends.

Each cruise, we have door decorating contests. Everyone in every cabin brings some kind of great gift wrapped, and adds it to the prize stack for the Door Decoration Contest. Then we have people on the floor vote which is their favorite decorated door, and that cabin wins all of the wrapped gifts. It is great.

Last year, I purchased a Paper Doll Barbie book. Had the doll and the clothes enlarged into 4 foot Barbie Dolls and had them laminated. They fit perfectly on the doors. Had pictures of our faces put in place of the Barbie faces. Each Barbie cut out came with Paperdoll clothes which included a swimsuit, a formal dress, shorts, skirt set and shoes. We had the clothes velcroed to the side of the wall next to the door along with a sign that said HELP US GET DRESSED TODAY.

Everyone that passed by our cabin, loved changing the clothes out on the enlarged paper dolls..

Needless to say, our cabin won 1st prize that year.

Not sure what to do this year. We only have a month to put something together. Hummmm.:)

My Kids and I had a blast decorating our door on the Diamond Princess Christmas sailing. We had our balcony all lighted up as well. About 3nights into the cruise, someone helped themselves to the ornamants we had hung on the door with other decorations. by the end of the week they were all gone!!!!!!!

I usually use the sticky-stuff to attach a post-it note pad to the door, along with a pen on a string. People can leave me messages. Sometimes I get the STRANGEST notes from people I don't know.

Super cool idea! Is the "sticky stuff" the name of the product? Where can you purchase it? Thanks!