What is your favorite Ice Cream?

TravelSmarty

My absolute favorite is Brown Butter Almost Brittle from Jeni's. It's pretty regional right now (started here in my town) but has been growing as it gets lots of recognition nationally from magazines and Food TV. They specialize in more unique flavors and local ingredients.

brownbutterspoonhead__57589_thumb.jpg

Edited by sherilyn70

I have a couple. I love Rocky Road and believe it or not I think Dreyer's makes one of the best! I also love Pralines & Cream from Baskin Robbins - love the flavor but also love the memories of going to B&R with my Aunt Pat, Uncle Jack, and Cousin Jessica many, many times in the 80's when I lived in Escondido, CA.

Oh, and I have to have a Peanut Buster Parfait from Dairy Queen once in a while:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

My all time favorite flavor is butter pecan. But let's talk choices on a cruise ship.

I was pretty much disappointed with the relative lack of ice cream choices beyond the norm on a recent cruise on NCL Jade. They seemed to always have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and orange sherbet. Ocassionally there would be a featured dessert with something unique like maple or cinnamon ice cream.

On Azamara, I was in ice cream heaven. Ours was a SE Asia cruise, so there were lots of Asian inspired favors like mango, lychee, red bean, green tea, etc. all were wonderful.

However, the best ice cream in the world is in Saigon at a place called "Fanny.". If you make a port call there, seek it out! I have had ice cream tat Berthillon in Paris that came close, but Fanny beats it all. Ice Cream art, I say.

• 2 years later...

I eat organic, and it's hard to find anything but vanilla and chocolate certified USDA organic in stores, so I make my own. Usually I do a raspberry and chocolate chunk, yum! My ice cream maker only does small batches, so it's easy to control how much I eat. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I am not a big ice cream eater but do enjoy a nice strawberry cone once in a while.

In Italy, however, I had the most amazing canteloupe gelato.

The Food Network aired a special about ice cream's history recently. It is as American as apple pie and baseball they say. Gelato is not quite ice cream, but I do understand what you loved about Italian gelato. I am anxious to try the Hawaiin shave ice in a couple weeks. As far as ice cream, the Baskin Robbins raspberry with chocolate coating pieces in vanilla (which used to be available only in February) is wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My all time fave is Sweet Cream like at Marble Slab or Cold Stone.

It's made without vanilla......so it tastes slightly less sweet...not that I don't like vanilla...love it....but this is just my favorite ice cream in the world and only Ben and Jerry even came close to it with their Whirled Peace, but they put caramel and other junk in....I just like the ice cream! I treat myself only a couple 3 times a year but it's just fab! I would be in big trouble if Breyers or somebody put it in a carton!!!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• 5 months later...